NSA director Michael Rogers demands the keys to every bit of encrypted data in the US

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chainhand

Jun 1, 2013
As encryption spreads, U.S. grapples with clash between privacy, security - The Washington Post

Rogers is requesting that a "skeleton key" - a master solution to decrypt information- be confiscated and held in a government database for potential use later.

This is probably the most interesting bit of national news I have seen in the last 12 months.

The amount of modern life that depends on encryption technology is staggering, from the entire US financial system, to private and police investigations, investigative human rights reporting, and industrial remote control systems for nuclear power plants and refineries.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he dropped out of middle school. If he gets his wish, and every digital secret in the country is reduced to a single point of failure a database or small collection of them, then prepare for the world as we know it to end when someone with malicious intent gets a hold of it.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah no doubt........yeah that is a brilliant idea.........NOT!

V

Viligant_Warrior

Rogers is requesting that a "skeleton key" - a master solution to decrypt information- be confiscated and held in a government database for potential use later.
They can have the key to encryption coding when they pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

Wait ...

That's not all that funny.

Jan 7, 2015
As encryption spreads, U.S. grapples with clash between privacy, security - The Washington Post
I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he dropped out of middle school. If he gets his wish, and every digital secret in the country is reduced to a single point of failure a database or small collection of them, then prepare for the world as we know it to end when someone with malicious intent gets a hold of it.[/QUOTE]

Someone with malicious intent eh, you mean like the government? LOL They want ALL secrets exposed....except for their own of course. (but what they don't know is, their secrets shall be exposed) :)