Numbers 19

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I have read Numbers Ch. 19 several times but managed to miss the point every time. I focused on the necessity for a red heifer sacrifice to establish the Third Temple and then usher-in the end times prophecies. I totally missed the clearly messianic message of the red heifer and the true significance of God’s instructions.

The red heifer had to be perfect
The red heifer could not be yoked or ridden.
The red heifer had to be sacrificed outside the camp
The red heifer sacrifice involved wood, hyssop and cloth

Unlike all other sacrifices, the blood of the red heifer was not to be drained but was to be burned. The ashes of the red heifer, with the blood, were to then be mixed with water for purification, (Blood and Living Water).

The blood and water were then used to purify the tabernacle, but also used to purify God’s people from the contamination of death. How could I have missed the staggering messianic significance here?

One of the questions oft asked by non-believers is how could God save those born after Christ and condemn those born earlier. It’s a silly objection, but here we see that God provided the same process physically for the early followers and spiritually for followers of Yeshua HaMashiach.

For all those of you who have long understood this Chapter grant me grace, this has been an astonishing revelation to me.