NYC to dismantle Happy Meal regime

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
Heh I remember the pink slime scandal. I thought they took this off the shelves even for us in America. Never can be too sure with the corporations though I suppose.

As for whether the Ausies did or did not have pink slime, there may be some merit to this. Many countries in Europe (or in Ausie's case, controlled by Europe) actually ban the importing of most US food because of how much the US not so secretly taints and corrupts its own food supply.

Mar 1, 2012
children buy happy meals? hmmmm

Maybe if dad was home and mom could stay home single parents would not be using Mcdonalds as a quick meal source.

It all ties together and what liberals want, think is right and act on, is destroying the fabric of society.

Mar 1, 2012
To be fair if a parent thinks a mcdonalds happy meal is a good well-balanced meal for their child then Im glad someone is deciding to regulate it. Too many lazy parents dont care enough about what their children eat. Does it suck for the ones who do pay attention? Sure, but no need to screw kids with bad parents over by ignoring it.
Since when is freedom letting the government regulate how we raise our kids.....you really do not want that do you?

Sorry but I left my parents years ago when....I....became a man and my life is on me, and to suggest our lives should be run by the government is the height of irresponsibility and does not recognize true human nature.

Humans find maturity kicking and screaming all the way and the only way to do that is accepting personal responsibility not letting government be your perpetual parent.

Mar 1, 2012
A high school science teacher ate at Mcdonalds for an extended period of time and lost, I think it was 30 pounds.

Choices. They should be your's not the governments.

I know liberals get their kicks from being morally superior, forcing their moralities upon people with ridiculous laws like this happy meal idiocy but for crying out loud, grow up, grow a pair and if ya need to diet...

diet.

Is it really that hard to figure out? Yeah for people who voted for this president I guess so.

B

biscuit

A high school science teacher ate at Mcdonalds for an extended period of time and lost, I think it was 30 pounds (SonInMe)

Ate a BigMac & large fries as my only daily meal, supported by fruits & veggies and lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
People showed our government they require the nanny state when welfare became a staple for generations.
Income tax showed us that not only is the fed happy to wipe our nose, but they'll take a huge bite of what we've earned to survive ourselves when we are the one's that work, so as to pay for the Kleenex everyone else blows into.

That Chief Justice Roberts wasn't impeached from the bench when his vote passed Obamacare, and he's a Republican who should know better, outlines our national future.

We haven't been a free country in a long time. In fact, the average citizen, and certainly not any of today's public school students, would be very hard pressed to name one thing that is free in America.
Some states have outlawed being homeless, so it isn't that either.

Meanwhile, if you trespass across our borders, or through our ports and gain illegal entry, you'll be set. We the working people will work harder to give you a better life. You can even join our military and if you survive get benefits that can include naturalization. Bring us your tired, your poor, your diseased so we the people can grow sick and tired. And when we complain about that be called Xenophobes. Because it is no longer PC to be in favor of upholding the law.

Yeah, happy meals are a huge concern. When those kids who can't be tempted to eat a nugget because of that eeeeevil toy inside the box with the smile on the front and all those naughty calories in a once in a while meal is just wrong! Wrong I say! While that same child can't find his/her home state on a blank U.S. map! Even when they're in high school.

Priorities pal!

Have it your way....Oh, that's the other guys. Do their kid meals have toys?

All those great examples. So if those should be bigger priorities than McDonalds then what should the NYC CITY GOVERNMENT, do about those issues? Should NYC impeach Roberts? Should NYC be in charge of our borders? Is NYC responsible for the income tax?

I mean seriously? It's like you didnt even read that this happy meal thing is only for NYC, and yet still launched into a tirade of national issues that are decided at a completely different level of government. It sounded like you were just parroting Sean Hannity.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Since when is freedom letting the government regulate how we raise our kids.....you really do not want that do you?

Sorry but I left my parents years ago when....I....became a man and my life is on me, and to suggest our lives should be run by the government is the height of irresponsibility and does not recognize true human nature.

Humans find maturity kicking and screaming all the way and the only way to do that is accepting personal responsibility not letting government be your perpetual parent.
Well when poarents think buying their kid a happy meal is somehow a balanced meal, then maybe it is time for people to step in. Or haven't you noticed the growing obesity problem in this nation?

SonInMe said:
I know liberals get their kicks from being morally superior, forcing their moralities upon people with ridiculous laws like this happy meal idiocy but for crying out loud, grow up, grow a pair and if ya need to diet...

diet.

Is it really that hard to figure out? Yeah for people who voted for this president I guess so.

So just leave the kids chowing down unhealthy foods till they are old enough to leave their parents, that is if their fat butts can even get out the door by this point?

Aug 20, 2014
Thank you for your well thought out post. God be with you.

All those great examples. So if those should be bigger priorities than McDonalds then what should the NYC CITY GOVERNMENT, do about those issues? Should NYC impeach Roberts? Should NYC be in charge of our borders? Is NYC responsible for the income tax?

I mean seriously? It's like you didnt even read that this happy meal thing is only for NYC, and yet still launched into a tirade of national issues that are decided at a completely different level of government. It sounded like you were just parroting Sean Hannity.

Aug 20, 2014
Did you see the movie/personal experience documentary, "Super Size Me" ?

The man who made the movie,Morgan Spurlock, became a consumer Guinea pig in choosing to eat McDonald's food exclusively for an extended period of time. All to record how he felt and how his health fared while consuming only McDonald's menu items.

I'd hope adults know that McDonald's isn't meant to be a staple in their diet. Especially not their children's. But as we know, there are healthy choices at McDonald's as well that parents can choose for their child(ren) when visiting the franchise.

Of all the things children consume on a given day, why is a meal that is an elective only consumed by a child should their parent decide to buy it for them, the focus of the NYC council?
And especially with school starting soon. What's the menu like in NYC public schools?

Not to forget cereal's marketed for kids. Soda's, etc...
McDonald's coming under fire is old news in some parts of the country. It's just odd that NYC council decides of all things, this is vital. When we all know, well we should if we visit McDonald's, as these council members may not have of late, that there are healthy options a parent can choose. It's not like it is a law that kids should have a Happy Meal every time they're in the restaurant.

This very well could be an experiment in Big Brother expansion. Government attempting to command a multi-billion dollar global food franchise in their one small city if they want to continue to do business there. Small government taking on Big Business, in the nanny state continuum that NYC made news for under Bloomberg.

A high school science teacher ate at Mcdonalds for an extended period of time and lost, I think it was 30 pounds.

Choices. They should be your's not the governments.

diet.

F

Fishbait

And yet, while local government goes after corporate business practices and production, as in this case with the Happy Meal, what they don't do is go after manufactures of processed foods. Which helps to lead to childhood obesity in the larger market place. Like grocery stores and every manufacturer of processed foods.
Preservatives, like that what keeps Mayonnaise, traditionally only eggs, oil, salt, on a dry shelf with an expiration date years in the future. What is that? That keeps eggs preserved in a warehouse till 2016 and beyond?
Not to mention other products including raw meat.
Factory farming commits to fattening a supply to meet the demand. Growth Hormone, steroids, antibiotics to fight the diseases that can occur due to the close natured housing in factory farms. All this is byproduct in the processed final outcome of raw red meat.

So then, the question becomes, why this company? When factory farming of the chicken in McNuggets, the shakes, which are called such because they don't contain milk so "milk" shake is not allowed on the menu, and Big Mac's, formerly made with pink slime, (It's baaaack!**Article** Uh-Oh: Pink Slime is Back in Your Food)

is a standard at McDonald's. And other fast food joints.

Why McDonalds? Do other chains not feed children? Hardly.

Who benefits? Cui bono? When there is an issue with virtually all manufactured food stuffs consumers buy.
I must object to your attacks against "processed foods" and "pink slime". I've been eating processed foods for over fifty years and they've had little or no effect on my health or mental condition whatsoever. The 'pink slime' I often found on my "Big Mac" acually helped the burger slide down my throat easier. The fact that three of my children were born with twelve fingers and toes has nothing to do with my eating 'processed foods' or 'Big Macs' over many years. All my children excelled in basketball. Having extra fingers gave them a better grip on the ball giving them an advantage over other players with just ten fingers.

The fact that my first two wives died violent deaths had absolutely nothing to do with my eating 'processed foods'. My first wife Cathy died after eating the mushroom soup that I lovingly prepared for her. My second wife Susan died from a skull fracture. My lawyers proved that her skull fracture wasn't caused by my eating 'processed foods' or Big Macs coated in 'red slime'. It was however proven that I was upset because she refused to eat her mushroom soup. Some things do upset me.

Here at my present home in the State Hospital for the Criminally Insane all of our foods are 'processed foods'. The resident doctors here eat it as well. if a doctor eats 'processed foods' then they must be good for us.

Mar 1, 2012
Well when poarents think buying their kid a happy meal is somehow a balanced meal, then maybe it is time for people to step in. Or haven't you noticed the growing obesity problem in this nation?

So just leave the kids chowing down unhealthy foods till they are old enough to leave their parents, that is if their fat butts can even get out the door by this point?[/FONT][/COLOR]
A parent is a male or female who has children and parenting is how these people raise their kids.

It should be on the parents. Reap what they sow. If all you feed your kids is junk, then when they are 40 yrs old and living in your basement....that is on you.

That is life. Its called personal responsibility. We do not need daddy governments telling us how to wipe our.....noses.

Mar 1, 2012
Did you see the movie/personal experience documentary, "Super Size Me" ?

The man who made the movie,Morgan Spurlock, became a consumer Guinea pig in choosing to eat McDonald's food exclusively for an extended period of time. All to record how he felt and how his health fared while consuming only McDonald's menu items.

I'd hope adults know that McDonald's isn't meant to be a staple in their diet. Especially not their children's. But as we know, there are healthy choices at McDonald's as well that parents can choose for their child(ren) when visiting the franchise.

Of all the things children consume on a given day, why is a meal that is an elective only consumed by a child should their parent decide to buy it for them, the focus of the NYC council?
And especially with school starting soon. What's the menu like in NYC public schools?

Not to forget cereal's marketed for kids. Soda's, etc...
McDonald's coming under fire is old news in some parts of the country. It's just odd that NYC council decides of all things, this is vital. When we all know, well we should if we visit McDonald's, as these council members may not have of late, that there are healthy options a parent can choose. It's not like it is a law that kids should have a Happy Meal every time they're in the restaurant.

This very well could be an experiment in Big Brother expansion. Government attempting to command a multi-billion dollar global food franchise in their one small city if they want to continue to do business there. Small government taking on Big Business, in the nanny state continuum that NYC made news for under Bloomberg.
Super size me? Really? Just proves my point. If you are stupid enough to eat this stuff all the time you reap what you have sown and...

THE CONSEQUENCES SHOULD BE ON YOU.

Aug 20, 2014
I'm smarter than the average consumer. I don't eat McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, or any fast foods. I make my own meals.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
So just leave the kids chowing down unhealthy foods till they are old enough to leave their parents, that is if their fat butts can even get out the door by this point?
Ummmm I hate to tell you, if the kid is becoming obese it's because of an unhealthy lifestyle allowed (or promoted) by the parents, not an occasional meal at McDonalds.

Mar 1, 2012
I ya wanna cure child obesity, ban video games and make kids do real chores...ya know...sweat.

Nuttin like pickin stone for ten hours ta make ya thin, or throwing bales of hay around, bags of fertilizer, etc, etc, etc.