OATMEAL.... :p

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Hmm... There is probably a post like this already but why don't we be creative and put all our amazing ideas on how you prepare your oatmeal.

I love my oatmeal with apples. I usually eat my oatmeal with milk and sprinkle some chopped apples on top of it. How about you? Share your favorites. :)

J

Jordache

I can't eat oatmeal, but I'm about to try a new recipe for jicama oatmeal with apples and cinnamon.

T

Tintin

I don't eat porridge all that often, but when I do I enjoy it with sultanas, honey, cinnamon and milk (full cream).

K

Kefa52

Thick rolled oatmeal from the healthfood store. With some "REAL" maple syrup, and a bananna cut up on top with some milk.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't like the texture of rolled oats, but when it is steel cut instead of rolled it becomes so very good.

I like to mix it with other whole grains, especially barley. I check on how long each takes to cook then add them in order so they all come out just cooked. I guess some would say that is work, but I make enough for a week at a time, keep it in the frig, and it seems so worth it to me.

I think it is one of the main reasons I am 87 and in good health. Constipation? What is that?

K

keep_on_smiling

I love bananas in my oatmeal :) And if it's a sweet day, a few chocolate chips :)

J

jkalyna

PERSONALLY, I THINK I COULD LIVE ON OATMEAL. MINUS THE SUGAR, AMAZING STUFF, OF COURSE, FROM THE FOOD DESIGNER. LORD JEHOVAH. TY LORD. YOU ARE AWESOME.

H

HSfilledlady

I love oatmeal. I eat mine with brown sugar, cinnamon, a little butter, and raisins. Pretty standard really.

sometimes I put in dried cherries, almond slivers and honey

or craisins and candied walnuts -- you can candy walnuts easily by putting a couple of Tbs of sugar in a nonstick skillet and waiting for it to melt over med heat til clear, then just add a cup of walnuts, stir them around to coat and then put them out on wax paper to cool. Don't sample them until they cool a bit. Liquid sugar is quite hot. :) then you should chop them a bit.

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

I like Oats in the morning for breakfast. I do not cook them(quick one minute oats) i put either olive oil or butter melted, with a banana, almonds, cinnamon, cut up apples, strawberries, blueberries, coconut slices, walnuts, sunflower seeds, stevia for sweetner, rasins, dries cranberries and maybe some chopped up hersey chocolate candy all this so it lasts me past lunch until i get home. Then separately 2 hard boiled eggs. I am full and it lasts almost all day. Thank you Lord

Feb 17, 2013
I am a southerner and I like my oatmeal dripping with butter and bacon. With some cheese on the side and syrup.

A

aprilandkeion

wow im hungry..

S

Shouryu

I am a weirdo who likes his oatmeal savoury rather than sweet.

Toast steel cut oats with butter in the pan for a few minutes. Add chicken stock and cook. Halfway through the cooking, toss in some ground turkey breakfast sausage, or chopped bacon, or shredded chicken breast. With about two minutes left, crack an egg on top to gently poach. Add some freshly ground pepper. Om nom nom nom nom nom.

G

gentlekat

i add oatmeal to my smoothie. It helps me eat on the go and is a healthy option rather than grabbing a sugar filled donut on the go. It bulks up my smoothie and helps me feel really full!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I eat my oatmeal plain.

Well... I add water.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Currenntly, i'm addicted to granola... :) i like how crunchy it is. :) i sometimes add bananas and apples on it to add some flavor. :)

S

shekaniah

I like my oatmeal plain in the morning :)

But I think it is best in cookies :D

L

LindaT456

I like the granola from Publix. I enjoy bananas and cream oatmeal and also know for fact that it is great for muscles

T

Tearose84

I like those instant packets. the Apple and cinnamon kind! Otherwise..no oatmeal for me!

I

Ilovecoffee

a touch of raw honey and cinnamon. total yum

i have some cranberries which I froze when they were in season. I think I'll put some in next time