Obscure terrorism case reveals the FBI thought it had recruited al-Awlaki as asset

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

You really have to read between the lines, and deeply into the story to get this amazing piece of information. The question is, was the Justice Department doing the right thing? In retrospect, probably not.

Circuit court remands terrorism case on grounds FBI withheld info of al-Awlaki investigation

The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has remanded a post 9/11 terrorism case on the grounds that the FBI withheld evidence of its 2002 investigation into the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list, Anwar al-Awlaki, as well as into a northern Virginia Islamic scholar, according to recently released federal court document.

Anwar al-Awlaki was killed in Yemen by a drone strike in 2011.

The case focused on allegations that Dr. Ali Al-Timimi -- a cancer researcher and self-described Muslim scholar -- inspired a group of young men from Virginia to travel to Pakistan to join Lashkar-e-Taiba, one of the largest terror organizations in South Asia.
Deep into the story is the revelation that al-Awlaki was detained coming back into the U.S. in October, 2002, based on an outstanding warrant for passport fraud involving information given on his U.S. passport claiming to have born in Yemen, instead of New Mexico, in order to get a scholarship his birthplace should have denied him.

FBI agent Wade Ammerman ordered Customs to release him. Apparently Attorney-General John Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller knew of, perhaps even ordered, Ammerman's actions. In Fox News' investigation, Ammerman said only, "I don't thing anyone wants me talking 'bout what I was involved in." In a 2013 interview, Mueller denied knowing anything about an effort to recruit al-Awlaki as an asset, but the Fox investigation seems to make that unlikely.

Makes the drone strike that killed al-Awlaki a bit more clearer, don't it?

N

nw2u

Why would we give scholarships to those who are not from the US, but deny them to citizens? Was he teaching those young men at a university? Makes me wonder if the nation is now worshiping professors? Has higher learning become that important? There are so many questions with that which do not even touch on the main idea of the article. I guess I see possible ways we enabled them to kill our own.