Oh Mr. Sandman...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iTOREtheSKY

anyone do a sleep study ? there are Many sleep centers here in Oklahoma that conduct "paid sleep studies " might check it out I use to do referrals to sleep centers all the time .. Also, I went to a lecture over sleep (end of last year) he stated that our bodies need 8 hours of sleep for all kinds of reasons. But he said most people think they have to have 8 hrs in a row.. His research disagrees with that ..clinical studies showed that people who got 8 hrs of sleep in a row didn't function any better than people with more challenged sleeping patterns (totaling eight hours) through out the day.. So his conclusion of the study revealed as long as you get 8 hours in somewhere , other risk factors remained low..
Just a little bit of info I thought I would share
PAID SLEEP STUDY???? OHHHHHHHH SNAP! COUNT ME IN! lol They'd have a ball with me. Hook those electrodes up to me...I'm ready! I may just have to pull a Charles Ingalls & pack up my non-existent family & load up the wagon & head on out to Oklahoma & get my sleep on. (side note for those of you who are too young or too cool to care - Charles Phillip Ingalls was the father of Laura Ingalls Wilder, known for her Little House on the Prairie series of books. Ingalls is depicted as the character "Pa" in the television series.)

R

Relena7

I have a terrible sleep schedule to the point of most times i just pass out from exhaustion around 6 or 7 am. I ork weird hours which doesnt help and I have the awkward affliction of sleep paralysis/nightmares. Mainly because of my sleep schedule my body goes instantly into REM sleep without me being completely unconscious which is hard to describe but is fairly terrifying...
That same thing used to happen to me when I was a teenager. It's freaky and startling to instantly hear hallucinated sounds and get goosebumps the millisecond you nod off. o_O

I think you are right, a bad sleep schedule and waiting till you're so tired you pass out definitely makes dream paralysis worse.

R

Relena7

I think you've forgotten me again. I have insomnia or in the very least a bizarre sleeping pattern. Do any of you deal with sleeplessness? If so, do you have any tips or tricks to go back to sleep?
Another thing that helps me sleep (besides exercise) is I put on a white noise CD before I go to bed. I made mine myself by digitally recording an hour of the soft sounds from my open window last summer and I play it during the winter nights so the eerie silence doesn't keep me up. But you can also download some too.

I tried downloading some of the fancier ones like "crashing waves" or "birds of the rainforest" "running streams" etc. They were very pretty and calming, but a bit too distracting for sleep since they aren't native sounds to me.

I found the native cricket species and distant trains and traffic from my own back yard window much more relaxing 'cause I'm used to those sounds. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2009
Hmm I've had dream paralysis a few times too. Very interesting subject. Not sure if they are the same as night terrors but I've had those too.

A

arwen83

Something that I just watched about the Snooze Button- check it out

[video]http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/6878860/should-you-use-the-snooze-button[/video]

p.s where can I get some of this dopamine and cortisol :p

Last edited:

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Something that I just watched about the Snooze Button- check it out

[video]http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/6878860/should-you-use-the-snooze-button[/video]

p.s where can I get some of this dopamine and cortisol :p
That was really interesting. I especially liked it because I love dry erase boards. :p

I'm one of those people that the video was talking about: Setting my alarm half an hour earlier than I need to get up and just slapping the snooze button over and over. I probably should get a normal sleep schedule but that would require self control and not staying up late on CC! ;)