OH, WHERE, WHERE IS GOD?!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hattiebod

It is doubtful that everyone who reads this believes they have a happy life...some may though and let us Praise God for that, their faithfulness and His blessings.
But sadly, so many are blocked to their own happy life by fear. Also, I think by misunderstanding and by a weak relationship with the Lord. Faith is a muscle :) it will be there in your body but if it is never flexed and used...it is weak and ineffectual when called upon to support the body.
God does indeed promise us peace, fulfilment and happiness here in our earthly life, but, we need to understand it is not about us...but all about Him. In other words, our happiness is not dependant on what we get, we already have it all. Our freedom in Jesus Christ. Its about what He wants for us....and we need to align ourselves to Gods will, know Him, follow Him, have Him build our faith, if we do not do this....we remain weak, ineffectual and when things get tough...we crumble and get fearful, scared and defeated.

'My muscles are weak...I cannot stand and where oh! where is God? who promised to support me?'

We are told over and over in the Word that fear is not of God yet so many of the personal threads here on CC are filled with fear...We read continual posts about how life is going wrong and faith is waning...'Why would God do this to me?' or 'I love God...why has He left me?'.
I think it is terribly important to remember, just because we are Christians, this does not mean that bad things will not happen to us but when the 'chips are down' so many seem to lose sight of this and instead of continuing to praise Him, no matter our circumstances, they slip and slide, then, as they weaken they listen to the devil, who is prowling around and waiting for a taste of despair, disappointment....and fear to strike!
Fear is real...but we do not have to ACT on it.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' John 14:27.

If it is not happening in your life...whatever 'it' is...give it up. Give it, all, over to God.
Did not get what you wanted? give it up...what God has for you is better :)
Someone you love not listening to the Truth? give it up to God. He is the creator of faith, you just be the salt.
Make prayer a passion in your life.
Never lose your Joy. Hold it, protect it, build on it so when the storms come...you can dip into the wells of living water and have peace.
Stop with the feelings!! its about the promises and Word of God. What He has done. It is enough.
Fearlessness and full reliance on God for all things, this is what the devil fears!!

Lets us al look at our lives...how much time do we spend truly alone with God versus on the web, sport, hobbies, friends, church activities, shopping, relaxing...add it up. Where is our priority? We need to make Him our driving force, when we do, the more we do...He can then grow our faith. We will be able to answer the question easily as we pray....

Where is God?

Why He is right by me, in me, in front, behind and above me. He carries me when i can no longer walk and sets me down on even ground. I am content, at peace and will not fear. Because my God knows me and the way I should go. I trust fully in Him, my confidence and hope is in Him...in ALL ways. Thank you Lord and I praise your Holy name, both in the valleys and on the mountains. Thank you Lord that you are my All in All and you help me live this day by day. <><

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he m devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace , who hath called us into his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered, a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen , settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever . Amen. 1 Peter 5: 7-11

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I agree in general with the OP but I think what is missing is that many have a superficial understanding of the Redemptive work of Christ on Calvary. Too many remedies use a temporal bandaid approach soothing our woes and weaknesses in this life. A deeper understanding/grasp of the Cross hits at the root of the problem...the eternal things...to the extent we tap into the eternal cure things like fear fall away.
Example: There is no fear in love for perfect love casts out fear for fear involves torment (judgement). 1jn4:18.
As we increasingly see perfect love at the work done for us at Calvary fear recedes.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I agree in general with the OP but I think what is missing is that many have a superficial understanding of the Redemptive work of Christ on Calvary. Too many remedies use a temporal bandaid approach soothing our woes and weaknesses in this life. A deeper understanding/grasp of the Cross hits at the root of the problem...the eternal things...to the extent we tap into the eternal cure things like fear fall away.
Example: There is no fear in love for perfect love casts out fear for fear involves torment (judgement). 1jn4:18.
As we increasingly see perfect love at the work done for us at Calvary fear recedes.
agree.
my faith never wavers...because it's not in myself, my circumstances, my feelings, or anyone or anything else.

it's in CHRIST.

:)

H

hattiebod

Amen.

He is right by me, in me, in front, behind and above me. He carries me when i can no longer walk and sets me down on even ground. I am content, at peace and will not fear. Because my God knows me and the way I should go. I trust fully in Him, my confidence and hope is in Him...in ALL ways. Thank you Lord and I praise your Holy name, both in the valleys and on the mountains. Thank you Lord that you are my All in All and you help me live this day by day.

He is all we need. Full dependance & obedience, to Him. He has done it all. God Bless, <><

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Faith in itself is only like the protein we drink after we workout. faith alone cannot make you a child of God, even satanists have faith in their lord( satan). what makes the difference about faith is what do you have faith in and what builds that faith? It is true that faith works like a muscle but if you don't give the muscles the vitamins they need your in some serious trouble. And faith without love for god cannot go very far. So with all the fear and troubles this world brings how can we keep the faith and continue on the narrow path? I answer this question with another question, who do you go to first in these times? The father does not expect us to always be strong, If we do not cling to him tightly when the trouble hits then we ask him stuff like where were you when.... or you promised that you would always.... then he replies- Dear child, you asked for help but would not come to me, I tried to help and save you from your troubles but you refused to allow my hand to reach you. You cried out out why are so far away from me, but child, who moved?

Oct 31, 2011
It seems to me if I could get my head around everything God is saying in these verses, I could know more of God. The definition of word in Strong's helps. We know it refers to Christ, too.

I find that the words of scripture, after we receive the HS to help our understanding, has much more power than just the word "understanding" has in it. It is spiritual nourishment. God truly is in the words of the bible, but even in that I see lack in me. If I put too much weight on one scripture without balancing it with others, my understanding gets out of balance, too.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.
John 1:4 Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men.
John 1:5 That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.

H

hattiebod

When Jesus was tempted by the devil, He gave the Word. 3 times He responded with the Word. The Word is life, it is strength, hope and life. I know I am probably not alone in often not calling on God first....i will have a wee pity party first, then turn to Him. But, over this past couple of years, He has shown me that if I stick really close in the good times, I am close in all the times and i am less likely to see the bad times as bad at all!! :) then i can be a witness for Him, give Him the glory and thats exciting! and the whole pity party is less likely to get started and happen at all. We do have to make an effort to know Him.'Remain in me, as I in you'. As we love Him, we will want to spend time with Him? yes...but the amount is up for debate :) You are SO right, He never moves, we move. We move in disobedience, in rebellion and in twisting His word to fit our lives. Then we ask, what went wrong? and the answer is .....We did!! but, the wonderful news is, no matter how far we wander, we are his silly, dim, easily spooked and scattered sheep :) and He loves us.....He is there. He never gives us up. Thank you Lord, thank you! <><

Oct 31, 2011
Faith in itself is only like the protein we drink after we workout. faith alone cannot make you a child of God, even satanists have faith in their lord( satan). what makes the difference about faith is what do you have faith in and what builds that faith? It is true that faith works like a muscle but if you don't give the muscles the vitamins they need your in some serious trouble. And faith without love for god cannot go very far. So with all the fear and troubles this world brings how can we keep the faith and continue on the narrow path? I answer this question with another question, who do you go to first in these times? The father does not expect us to always be strong, If we do not cling to him tightly when the trouble hits then we ask him stuff like where were you when.... or you promised that you would always.... then he replies- Dear child, you asked for help but would not come to me, I tried to help and save you from your troubles but you refused to allow my hand to reach you. You cried out out why are so far away from me, but child, who moved?
To complete faith, to use muscle to develop faith takes acting on it.

In fact, if we lack something, if we act it out we acquire it. If you know how to dive but stand on a diving board with fear to jump, if you act as if you don't have the fear but jump anyway, the fear goes away. And we could brag about not being afraid to jump when in reality, we are. Faith is the same way. It is in the doing we show faith.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
These scriptures are from my favorite book called God's promises for every day:
Jesus is your love
Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Jeremiah 31:3 And from far away the lord appeared to his people and said, I love you people with a love that will last forever. that is why I have continued showing you kindness.

What to do when are afraid
1 John 4:18 where god's love is there is no fear, because god's perfect love drives out fear. It is punishment that makes a person fear, so love is not made perfect in the person who fears.
Psalm 91:1-2 Those who go to God most high for safety will be protected by the almighty. I will say to the lord, you are my place of safety and protection. You are my God and I trust you