Oklahoma Tornados

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sidekick

Well the tornados continued to destroy oklahoma tonight. My moms car was crushed by a tree and our whole backyard fence was taken out. She is without power tonight and no where safe to go for the ongoing storms. I'm devastated and enraged by the destruction that is continuing to take place. My heart goes out for all those who have lost loved ones. I thank God that He has protected my mom and continue to pray that she remains safe through the night.

D

danschance

Sorry. I am praying you and those down there.

No matter how bad things get, Romans 8:29 always applies.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

P

Powemm

Hi sidekick , I'm an okie too .. live in Purcell .. with so much going on it is the time to lean on God even more .. he is drawing us closer to Him.. Good will come from this .. Even in such times I thank Him , although things get destroyed it brings people closer to one another , causing us to love deeper as He does .. All things will work towards His greater good .. Hos kingdom has always been the same . It's the worlds kingdom that keeps changing .. I will pray for your mom . Lifting all pertaining to you and Oklahoma up to god , knowing he is good and blameless in spite of it .. May He bring His
Comfort to you

Oct 31, 2011
I am so sorry, and I feel so helpless. We are told that there will be much of this kind of thing as we near what Revelations talks about.

There were winds to 149MPH on a small mountain in Oregon, Mt Bachelor, only 22 miles from a town of just under 100,000 people. We only knew of it because our paper said so.

We are all going to share in what is coming, we can only wrap the entire armor of God around us and know what has real value for us. No matter what happens in our world here, we have security and safety through Christ.

C

colalella2891

I was shocked to see on the news that more tornadoes hit that area... Just when you thought it couldn't get any more devastating.

My heart and prayers go out to your mother and everyone else down there.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I experienced a hurricane-spawned tornado as a child.
Anxiety attacks and lots of property damage took place.
But it was not a direct hit.
While I do not know your situation, I can imagine it.
I pray for healing, wisdom, and God to be found in the recovery process.

R

rerun

cant imagine what you all are dealing with out there that is for sure prayer is all I can do right now

J

jerusalem

i try to put myself in the other persons shoes when replying to their situation. in this case i have nothing to compare it to. i am completely at a loss for words. anything i could say wouldn't begin to compare to the immensity of the event esp since it has kept repeating itself. i know you must be a very strong person since God has said He will not send more than you can handle. i have prayed for oklahoma before and i do it again. i am glad you have sought out support through christian chat

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
well living in Oklahoma I would expect tornadoes to cause damage and such. hate hearing people died in it. but tornadoes in OK is a given just like earthquakes in LA.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Yikes! Scary stuff. Prayers to you and fellow victims - both for survivors, and those who didn't make it.

W

Water1944

Father, I ask you to lift up the of people Oklahoma. Please be with the families who have lost a loved one. Their hearts are hurting Father, they need you to give them peace, and strength to get thru the days ahead. Please provide Father, as only you can, loving people around them to pray with them, support them, help them with all of their needs. If there is still missing people from the storm Father, have them be found please, bring them home to their families. Please restore power to the areas in need Father, please open doors to all with willing hearts, to share all they can. Please provide all who are in need with food, water, shelter, everything they need Lord. Please provide strength as needed Lord. Father, you make everything new, you make blessings from the hardest times there could ever be. Help them Father, help them get thru this, give them your strength and spirit to survive and to rebuild stronger than ever. May they see where the power, the hope, the strength, the open hearts, the love, the peace, is coming from Father, it comes from you. I ask this in the name of He who was willing to suffer so greatly for us all, Jesus. Amen