Old testament prophecies to believers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Prophecies in the Word of God for YOU!
A lot of people reckons that prophecies in the OT has all realized. That it transpired and are done. But what about the prophecies for sinners like me, which God has a holy plan for. If He does at all.

If God has a holy plan for my life, is there any prophecies in the old testament that pertain to God’s Work how to get me from a sinner to a holy man for HIS glory? If I am NOT a holy man yet, that means that prophecy of God for ALL holy people has NOT realized in my life YET!
Should God now send a messenger, a real live messenger to REPEAT that prophecy to me, is this a GODLY appointed prophet or not. So the teaching of all prophecies are done and dusted IS NOT TRUE. If there is ONE prophecy pertaining to a GODLY life for any person, and that person is not yet IN that Godly life, then God still has a prophecy to fore fill.

Now the question is whether or not there are promises made to people God wants to change, in the Old Testament, and that this promise has not yet manifested in your life. Oh very definitely there is. Let us look at one and you decide what part of this prophecy has realized for you.

God’s holy prophet Isaiah had this to say about believers.... in Isaiah 30 :21 and 22.....And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: .... And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Now we have to determine a few things here.... Let us start from the beginning of this POWERFUL statement Isaiah spoke here... Do you feel the Lord gives you bread of adversity? (Yes I do) what about water of affliction (Yes I do) yet shall not my teachers be removed into a corner ANY MORE, but my eyes shall see my teachers...few things to get right here before we can answer this.... Ok so looks like there are teachers, that teach me even though for a while they are removed in a corner, and I CANNOT see them. But that will be changed, and I will see them with mine EYES... and my ears shall hear a word behind me saying...THIS IS THE WAY to walk, when I want to turn OFF THE WAY OF GOD!

Now!!!! Who are my teachers that are hidden for the first part of my schooling in righteousness? You think it is the Pastor at the church on the corner? I think not! He is NEVER unseen, and even what I see is not much of a teacher. Or is it something more than a human or a sinner? I think it is the at least the Ephesians 4:11 office bearers. Truly holy men God appointed and He will send to teach and complete me! Even if I do not SEE any such teacher NOW, does that mean there are no such holy teachers? Wow! If we cannot see Jesus, that means there is no Jesus. If we cannot see a complete man in God, that means there is no such perfect people on earth? But hey we are the strong believers are we not!

Then there is the word I shall hear BEHIND me... and this word will KEEP me on the righteous road. God says... He that doth righteousness is righteous as God is righteous.... It is this WORD that keeps a righteous man righteous. And I will HEAR with my EARS.... If I do not hear this, that means there in NO person hearing this. Again, I am the believer, and I will twist the Word of God to proof that there are no such people.... If I do not succeed in my quest, no man can. I am a HYPOCRATE!

My question is now this.... Do you see with your eyes, teachers that were once hidden from your sight? Do you hear a word with your EARS that tell you about the temptation even before you sin? Please think on this. God works this way with EVERY believer that will end up in HIS HOLINESS! He still does what Isaiah prophesied here. That is the FAITHFULNESS of God.

I would like to give praise to God for HIS messengers.... Let me share one of my personal experiences with you.
There is a man in my town that writes a short piece on the Bible EVERY week in the local newspaper. He would faithfully pray and post what he receives from God. One morning before work, I was at the office, busy with my morning Bible study. I was very troubled that God says HE transforms ALL believers in the image of Jesus. And I know what life Jesus led on this here earth... Then way before business hours I heard a car stop outside my office. As I have no direct view at the parking lot I had NO idea who it was. Then there was a knock on the front door, and i was a little irritated, as it might be a courier looking for directions, and I am busy with my Bible study.

It is VERY peaceful in the industrial area early in the mornings. So I got up from my desk and answered the door. I was VERY surprised to see H there. H NEVER came to my office before, or since that day. I was amazed that he knows where my office was. But he said.... “Cobus, do you know that God is only satisfied with ONE LIFE here on earth? And that is the life of Jesus Christ! NO other life pleases GOD!” And I understood IMMEDIATELY what God meant by.... I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE! How can I even start to walk the way, do the Truth, and live the life, if i do not see, or hear my teachers? I thanked H, told him that this was EXACTLY what I needed for clarity and he left.

If you like we can dig up some more of these prophecies that turns out to be promises of the WORK that God does for us. Just ASK!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Cobus,

Matthew 11

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light
Be a babe that follows the Good Shepherd.

You await something "explosive" to come to pass but simply we are to learn, believe and Do.....

John 20

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.