olive oil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

barukhmalachi

My secret is olive oil. I use it for everything that requires oil. For one its biblical for anointing also but its healthier and it brings out flavor that's already there. For venison steak I will put a thin coat of olive oil down and slow cook on low turning steak often. Just before its done I add a little worshester sauce. It makes it tender and brings out the natural flavor of the meat and reduces the gaminess. Good for slow cooking fish in also. I even substitute olive oil for butter sometimes. Get a gourmet bread and spread olive on one side and toast on flat top skillet low heat. I eat it plain or use for sandwich. Brings out flavor of rye or whatever bread you use. I got a book once at a goodwill that was called "what would jesus eat". I don't know author but it talked about the foods of jesus day and their benefits and had recipes. Very good book to plan a healthy diet.

S

StMichaelTheArchangel

I use olive oil for my oil lamps that I use in my prayer corner... Here is a video I made of one of the lamps in the prayer corner... It has Russian chant in it:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXimfKnsWkk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
S

StMichaelTheArchangel

“Command the people of Israel to bring you pure oil from beaten olives for the lamp, that a light may be kept burning regularly." (Leviticus 24:2)

B

barukhmalachi

I like oil lamps. I've never used olive in them though. The video didn't come up but I bet that really sets a godd mood for prayer and time with god.

B

barukhmalachi

Another thing that works good in burger is adding a little brown sugar and for sloppy joes even add a light drizzle of pancake syrup.

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
Thinking olive oil in an oil lamp would pretty much gum up the works. Hmmmm.