OMGosh I have to VENT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

Ok Ok Ok....I need guidance here my good folks. So this person I have been helping is a herion junkie. I have taken her food, hot coffee, counseled her, led her to the Lord and tonight after doing everything I do willingly did for her pretty much without a second hesitation she attacks my character by asking me if I was using her. I was like WHAT THE HECK! I am feeling angry that my character was attacked because I as a daughter of God value it a lot. I struggle with feeling guilty here and feel like maybe feeling like this is causing me to sin. ugh this feeling stinks. Is this righteous anger or a slippery slope down?

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011
IV heroine use has a particular spirit attached to it, and is one of the most difficult addictions to kick. Most that are addicted can develop a type of manipulative and projective style of coping/communicating. All the things they are, tend to come out and they blame you for it. Usually those who get help tend to use or abuse the ones they help. Be careful. It's the addiction talking. It doesn't want to leave. But, the Bible says in Eph 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

Stay prayed up and get support. GBU

S

simplyme_bekah

My mate is a pretty street smart and just smart guy. He wants me to have nothing to do with her. I am letting this one go. I can see the manipulation that you talk about. It makes me mad. I do not think God wants us to be taken for granted, I think that is why I got angry and said thats it in my mind with this person. I thank you for your advice onthisrock. I swear I see darkness in her eyes sometimes behind the act of a kind and caring heart. Thank you again and God bless ya:D

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I think you are making the right choice, sometimes the heroin abuser has to hit bottem hard, before they are willing to call out for help.
Its ok to let her know that when she has decided to take the steps to healing, that you will help her then.
But be careful, as the person can be very decietful.
Hugs bekah, she will one day remember the witness and love of Jesus you showed her.
It took my sister almost twenty years, before she sought healing, and yes, she is now healed. :)

God bless
pickles

K

kenisyes

Counselors see this all the time. It's called transference. There is also counter-transference. It is just a hazard of professional relationship making, whether for profit (as a counselor) or for the Kingdom (where we call it ministry). When it happens among equals (friends), they know they give to each other, and choose at each stage to continue the relationship, which appears equally beneficial to them.

She cannot separate the love of God through you from your personal love for her. She is looking for a motive for that love, other than that of God. Abandoning her will work, for you. You and your husband need to pray if that is God's choice, or just your husband's. It may prove to be the best option for you.

If you choose to let God use you, it is an opportunity to deepen this relationship. The first question is, is there any truth to her hidden allegation that you may have another motive for being nice to her? Maybe pride, or to prove you can do it? These are hard to separate sometimes, from pure, true God's love. If you have done this, confess it to her, and your relationship will deepen. If you have not done this, why is she thinking you have? Examine how you minister, how you communicate. It may well be all her fault, but it will not hurt you to refine your ministry abilities. To the extent it is her fault, you are dealing with a stronghold, or a demon telling her things, and these things are the next layer you need to uncover for her eventual deliverance. That, I'm sure you can handle with the power of Jesus' name.

Dec 19, 2009
Ok Ok Ok....I need guidance here my good folks. So this person I have been helping is a herion junkie. I have taken her food, hot coffee, counseled her, led her to the Lord and tonight after doing everything I do willingly did for her pretty much without a second hesitation she attacks my character by asking me if I was using her. I was like WHAT THE HECK! I am feeling angry that my character was attacked because I as a daughter of God value it a lot. I struggle with feeling guilty here and feel like maybe feeling like this is causing me to sin. ugh this feeling stinks. Is this righteous anger or a slippery slope down?
People who are addicts will attack you for no other reason than they feel bad and want you to make them feel better.

From what you’ve said, you have nothing to feel guilty about. It’s just a question of how much “abuse” can you put up with, or at least, that's the way I see it.

DenR

Banned
Dec 18, 2012
Without reading anyone else's comments on purpose, I say that you have been struck in the heart by a fierey arrow of accusation..which when it hits the target(or is taken in) produces condemnation...this is so that you will back off and think "who am I anyway? Helping this woman?!" Well siste,r you are the righteousness of God that's who! You are Love in your skin...in fact you are Christ to your friend. So look past the comment and realise it was not from her spirit centre the real person, but out of a stronghold of shame and unworthiness. Just keep on loving her and the stronghold will break down, She will be being driven to flee the love of God you are showing her so she can continue self destructing.
Maybe she needs more help than you can give her.
Your battle is not just a personal one it is against spiritual hosts of wickedness and a chemical dependancy.
Lord I ask that the arrow of accusation be quenched by the Love and blood of Jesus in our sister right now! You are the wisdom she needs to flow in in this situation.:)