One Foundation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
1 Corinthians 3:7,10-11 KJV
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon.
But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay
than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Hebrews 6:1-3 KJV
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,
let us go on unto perfection;
not laying again the foundation of
repentance from dead works, and of
faith toward God,
[2] Of the doctrine of
baptisms, and of
laying on of hands, and of
resurrection of the dead, and of
eternal judgment.
[3] And this will we do, if God permit.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Acts 2:42 KJV
And they continued stedfastly
in the apostles' doctrine
and fellowship,
and in breaking of bread,
and in prayers.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
1 Corinthians 3:7,10-11 KJV
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon.
But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay
than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Precious friend, this could turn into an interesting / enlightening discussion - ie:

Why would "Paul have to 'lay The Foundation' if it was 'already laid' by Christ in:

Mat 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock
I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

unless: there are "two walls in God's 'Building,' with a Chief Cornerstone," eh?

Amen.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Christ is the eternal Rock -- the Rock of Ages. He is also the foundation upon which the Church is built. He is also the Chief Cornerstone of the Building (which is also the Church). At the same time He is the Stone which the builders rejected. Therefore they not only stumbled, but Christ said that it would grind them to powder. Therefore it was a very serious error to substitute the apostle Peter for Christ.

And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. (Luke 20:17,18)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why would "Paul have to 'lay The Foundation' if it was 'already laid' by Christ
Paul laid the foundation by showing Christians that Christ Himself is the Foundation and giving us an in-depth view of the Church as the Building, the Body, and the Bride of Christ. These are spiritual realities.

E

evyaniy

2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of EL(Theos, Elohim, YAH, God) stands sure, having this seal, The Adonai knows them that are His. And, Let every one that names the Name of Messiah depart from iniquity.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
2 John 1:9 KJV
Whosoever transgresseth, and
abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Hebrews 6:1-3 KJV
Therefore leaving

the principles of the doctrine of Christ,

let us go on unto perfection;
not laying again

the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

[2] Of the doctrine of
baptisms, and of
laying on of hands, and of
resurrection of the dead, and of
eternal judgment.

Have these foundational principles of the doctrine of Christ, been strongly laid in the heart and life of believers.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Christ is the eternal Rock -- the Rock of Ages. He is also the foundation upon which the Church is built. He is also the Chief Cornerstone of the Building (which is also the Church). At the same time He is the Stone which the builders rejected. Therefore they not only stumbled, but Christ said that it would grind them to powder. Therefore it was a very serious error to substitute the apostle Peter for Christ.

And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. (Luke 20:17,18)
Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭8:13-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬