one more silly bible question.....please bear with me......i promise..last one

• Thread starter savedandhopeful
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Photoss

Sep 15, 2012
I very rarely do, but I think highly of people who do so!

S

savedandhopeful

All three are good, it's your Bible and anything that gives you clearer understanding is a good idea.

On that note I have for sale the Apostle Paul's personal King James Bible, with
his own notes in it, only $600,000....

Now that is a bargin;)

M

Missachu

2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

View attachment 56997
AWW! That reminds me of my old thing I got in 2000! I was like 10 years old or something. My life was dedicated to Christ since I was born. For so long I strayed away from God and last year when I came back to Jesus and was baptized willingly for the first time, my mom showed me my book. All old and ratty. I had colored and highlighted almost everything in there I thought sounded cool. It was an emotional moment for me. Some pages were torn out or partly.I'd written a few things in. I brought it to church with me cause I didn't have anything else and a sister from our Church bought me a BRAND NEW STUDY BIBLE! Cost $70 I was kinda embarrassed but she insisted so much. Now I like it better than my old one for reading, allthough I still have sentemental value in my old one.

S

savedandhopeful

AWW! That reminds me of my old thing I got in 2000! I was like 10 years old or something. My life was dedicated to Christ since I was born. For so long I strayed away from God and last year when I came back to Jesus and was baptized willingly for the first time, my mom showed me my book. All old and ratty. I had colored and highlighted almost everything in there I thought sounded cool. It was an emotional moment for me. Some pages were torn out or partly.I'd written a few things in. I brought it to church with me cause I didn't have anything else and a sister from our Church bought me a BRAND NEW STUDY BIBLE! Cost $70 I was kinda embarrassed but she insisted so much. Now I like it better than my old one for reading, allthough I still have sentemental value in my old one.
That was very nice of her..what a blessing

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
This may not be important to anyone....but....

Do you all highlight, write,make notes in your bibles? I heard someone say that the bible is our workbook.
Like in one of my bibles, the words of Christ are not in red, this botherd me so i went through and underlined them all in red...i guess my silly question is....do you feel this is wrong? Does it really even matter , is it ok to make notes, marks in our bibles?
It had better be ok..............otherwise I'm in deep do-do with Him...........

S

savedandhopeful

p_rehbein;1181817It had betteChrists ...........otherwise I'm in deep do-do with Him...........[/QUOTE said:
Me too......
I sat last night and underlined all Christs words in red(since they are not red in my bible)...if it is a no no then I'm busted....

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013

Do you all highlight, write,make notes in your bibles? I heard someone say that the bible is our workbook.
Like in one of my bibles, the words of Christ are not in red, this botherd me so i went through and underlined them all in red...i guess my silly question is....do you feel this is wrong? Does it really even matter , is it ok to make notes, marks in our bibles?
I do make notes in my Bible, but I do it in the front and back pages, not in with the text. I don't want a bunch of my sloppy notes distracting me from the page. That's just me.

S

savedandhopeful

So far I have only underlined....I have not really come across anything that I feel I need to write down....I mean nothing that I personally feel is worthy....my silly little musings don't need to be recorded....lol

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So far I have only underlined....I have not really come across anything that I feel I need to write down....I mean nothing that I personally feel is worthy....my silly little musings don't need to be recorded....lol
What I generally write down is another Scripture that gives support to the one I'm reading......between the yellow highlighting, and the various red and blue ink under linings, my Bible pages eerily resemble a Georgia Road Map I fear..........

Dec 19, 2009

The Bible was not meant to be an object of worship. It is a book with a ton of information. If it helps you to mark in it, mark in it. You can always buy another one.