One of my testomonies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

femaledonkey

This is personally my favorite testimony so I would like to share it with all of you. I was 24 years old and I was going though a pretty rough time in my life. I had started to put my hope back into God because he was helping me overcome things I couldn't of overcome on my own. I remember I was giving up the bad that I was doing in my life and starting to try and restore a relationship with God. I had one problem though I wasn't able to see any good in what I was doing and I couldn't get past what I was once before. I remember talking to my boyfriend about the hard time I was going through and I wasn't sure if I could continue to do what's right anymore because I felt I wasn't worthy of anything. He said a lot of stuff to try and build my self esteem up that day, but one thing he said that just stuck with me. He said "The faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain." I thought about that as I was praying to God and I thought for sure I have at least the faith the size of a mustard seed so maybe I could move something anything maybe not a mountain, but maybe something that could make me feel better about where I'm at in life. I prayed to God about this and I also prayed to God for more faith. Well two weeks went by after I had prayed and nothing was getting better in my life. In fact I was feeling worse. I didn't want to stay away from my parents anymore and I was not happy with some of my boyfriends actions. He seemed to be okay with me wanting to leave anyways. I just felt this feeling that I shouldn't leave, but I didn't want to listen to that I wanted to go back to my old lifestyle were I could maybe feel a little better. So I called my dad to come and get me. He drove 6 hours to pick me up. When me and my dad were getting ready to leave my boyfriend's house. I just had this feeling I didn't want to leave, but something kept telling me to go. I decided I couldn't turn my dad away after he drove so far to get me and I packed my things up. We started on our way to take me back to my parents house and not even 3 miles down the road the car breaks down. It just started smoking and would not go any further. I actually had the thought that this was a sign from God. No mechanic shop would of been open at such a late hour and I didn't have triple A or road side assistance at the time and neither did my dad. The only thing I could think to do was to call my boyfriend because he had triple A and could get us help. So I decided to do that and he welcomed us back into his home. We got the car towed there and then he actually plead for me to stay with him. I felt so much love from his words that night and it influenced me to stay. I had one problem though. I had to break the news to my father about wanting to stay. I stressed to my boyfriend how this made me feel bad so my boyfriend suggested we visit my family for the weekend so my dad gets to visit with me for a little while. So we did that. When me, my boyfriend, and my dad got to my parents house it was actually a great experience. We actually bonded as a family. My sister and my family actually started to welcome my new boyfriend into the family. Well they had this cute little puppy that was a teacup chihuahua. I wanted to take it to my boyfriends house with me when we went back. I asked my parents if I could keep it and they said it would be okay with them. Anyways me, my boyfriend, and my sister went outside and there was this cute puppy that looked so pitful on the porch. It looked so sad. I asked my sister about it. She told me that someone had threw it out of their car as they were passing by the house the other day. She said that it's leg was broken and my parents didn't have the money to take it to the veterinarian. My heart felt felt love for this dog and I wanted to take it because I knew me and my boyfriend could get the dog some medical attention. So I decided I would take the lab with the broken leg because it really needed help over taking the healthy chihuahua. I told my parents about my desicion and they said that it would be okay for me to take it with me. Later on I asked my sister what they had been calling the dog because I wanted to come up with a name that suited it best. She said "Faith." With that one word my life changed. I can't explain it, but it was much need confirmation in my life. I will never doubt God. I thank you for your time and I'm curious if anyone actually made it to the end of this thread. I know it's a lot to read. P.S. we kept the name Faith because we felt it was perfect for her.

"With man this is impossible, with GOD all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26

F

femaledonkey

Thanks for your reply AnandaHya. I really loved that song by the Casting Crowns. I never heard that song by them before and it was a pleasure to listen to.
I'm glad to have a sister in Christ as thoughtful as you. :)

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Oh yeah, i made it to the end, just to let you know.
Cool testimony, He is someone you can trust.

F

femaledonkey

Thanks for letting me know you made it to the end, Shemaiah. I'm thankful for this testimony because it made me realize where to put my trust and that is in our Lord Almighty.

R

Ramon

LOL! That was... delightful!! I had to laugh!!! He surely did give you a LITTLE FAITH!!! LOL A little chihuahua named Faith!! This is an awesome testimony. At the same time, it was a precious message. May Jesus bless you and keep you!