opinions needed please! love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

romans1212

Hey everyone. Here's the deal. I have this friend, I've known him for like 8 months. When we met, it was evident that there was something there. We starting talking a lot and hanging out. Eventually the topic of us liking eachother came up. We agreed that we liked eachother, but that we needed to wait on God. Long story short, he changed his mind. He decided that he didn't feel like God wanted us to be together. So now, we are still friends, but our friendship is rocky; it's not the same as it used to be. The thing is, ever since I met him...I have had a really good feeling about us. Deep down I truely believe that God wants us to be together. I believe that sometimes it is possible to miss God-given opportunites. I'm afraid that me and him moved too fast, and ruined the chance of us being together. However, I also believe that sometimes people can mess up God's plan, but that doesn't mean that opportunity is gone; perhaps sometimes it just means it will take longer to get there. I have told this guy all of this, what I thought about it. He still doesn't feel like God is in it. The problem is that I think the world of this boy. & I can't get the vision of me and him together out of my mind. I just feel like we are meant for eachother, and I have never thought that about someone before. The thing is I don't want to hold on to the idea that one day we will be together, because what if I'm wrong? I guess I just don't know what to do. If i should just do my best to let go and move on...or if I should hold on. Opinions?

L

lightbliss

I felt that way about a boy, but I'm so glad I didn't pursue him in that way or let him pursue me, although I won't say "he's the one." It was just a very strong feeling I had for him.

In the last year or so, I discovered what was the "voice" of God and what was me.

Sometimes our desires and wants overshadows God's plan, so much so, that after a while, we start to feel like God wanted this for us.

Just be patient and continue to seek the Lord.

God Bless :)

K

KisDawn

Right now you are 20, you have still a lot of hearts to brake before you find the right person for you. Try next time don't put all your emotional eggs in one basket. It seems like your obsessing a bit, and that never turns out good. It's ok to be in love with someone but if they truly love you back they wouldn't make themselves your whole life, because they'd want you to be happy even if something happened to them. I hope this makes sense.

T

Tinker

Hey. If you feel that way about him, try to get a little closer. Do things that you think will get his attention. I was in that situation when I 1st started dating my boyfriend now. We both knew that we loved each other though. At 1st, things didn't quite seem right. I could barely talk to him, and I was also really shy. We had some problems about this and that. My parents embarrased me in front of him, and that was 1 reason of why we couldn't get close to one another. People wouldn't leave us alone and the relationship got worse and worse. So we broke up for 1 month. Neither 1 of us could let each other go. We had actually fallen in love and got back together. You just have to take the time to understand one anothers feelings. If you think that it's worth a try of yall dating, go for it. Don't hold back on nothing that will stop it from happening. Try different things that will bring yall a little closer everyday. After we got together, things started to change. Now things are looking better and better for us both. Just take your time, and it will eventually happen. I can sometimes give good advice, bt I'm just a 19 year old trying to make people happier.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

If it's really God's plan I'm sure God will take the time to make the boy feel the same way. Worrying about what "could, should, would" happen doesn't mean anything- if you feel unease or fear of any kind over a relationship that should be a big sign God isn't a part of it. I would pray about it and give it to God. If it's meant to happen, it will.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Thats wack just because he says god told the two of you that you shouldnt be together, that now.. you cant be together.

R

romans1212

do you think you could re-say that?

R

romans1212

I forgot to thank all of you for the thoughts! thank you! it means a lot! I suppose for now I am just going to continue to be his friend. If something becomes of it great, if not, that's ok I suppose! I just have to have faith that God has a plan for me one way or another.