Opinions on this bill?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2011
I just heard about this bill being passed. (I'm slow. :'\) Anyways, I read about it and it got me outraged.
This bill is called the "National Defense Authorization Act". Basically, it lets the military arrest you without any trial. I looked up this bill some more and got even more outraged. What do you guys think about this?

C

coca2113

Unconstitutional, unethical, immoral, and un-christianlike. It also lets the government assassinate you with no trial or anything. It has happened.

H

hislastwalk

I'm completely against it.. I'm actually planning a protest.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Do not fear, Trust in God.

R

Revolutionary

This bill is absolutely un-Constitutional and blatantly illegal. But it gets worse.

There's another bill going through called the Enemy Expatriation Act (H.R. 3166 in the House and S. 1698 in the Senate). This bill would go hand-in-hand with the NDAA in that it would give the government the ability to strip an American citizen of his/her citizenship. The Senate version was authored by Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT). The House version was authored by Rep. Charles Dent (R-PA15).

The part that I find the most troubling is that both NDAA and the EEA were authored, co-sponsored, and voted in by mostly Republicans and "Conservatives." NDAA had an amendment proposed to take out the un-Constitutional provision, and it was supported by 34 Democrats and only 2 Republicans. It failed to pass because 44 Republicans and 16 Democrats voted against it.