Opinions?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Believer011

Can you be a faithful Christian and still dance? Is dancing bad if you do it to Christian music? Is it okay to listen to worldly music even if it doesn't curse and doesn't have an inappropriate message? Also is it okay if Christian girls where bikinis I see many strong Christian girls where bikinis and it doesn't affect their faith

U

Ugly

Can you be a faithful Christian and still dance? Yes. Nothing un-biblical about dancing.
Is dancing bad if you do it to Christian music? See above answer.
Is it okay to listen to worldly music even if it doesn't curse and doesn't have an inappropriate message? This depends on you and your conscience. Some people can't handle, or don't want to deal with secular music. Others don't seem much phased by it. If you feel there is something wrong in it, don't do it. Listening to it when you think there is something wrong with it Would be a sin. There is no right an wrong answer, though some will tell you there is.
Also is it okay if Christian girls where bikinis I see many strong Christian girls where bikinis and it doesn't affect their faith. *wear
And because something doesn't appear to affect their faith doesn't mean it isn't. Is it affecting their witness?
This will basically turn into one giant argument thread.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Can you be a faithful Christian and still dance? Is dancing bad if you do it to Christian music? Is it okay to listen to worldly music even if it doesn't curse and doesn't have an inappropriate message? Also is it okay if Christian girls where bikinis I see many strong Christian girls where bikinis and it doesn't affect their faith
Believer, of course you can be a faithful christian and still dance!! There is nothing wrong with dancing, unless you're doing it inappropriately, such as bumping and grinding on each other. Dancing in and of itself is not bad. I listen to secular music all the time. I do NOT listen to music which has swears, racial slurs, or lyrics that talk about rape, abortion, killing, etc etc. I think it's okay to wear a bikini if you have the body for it, but not if you're out-of-shape and trying to look like a teenybopper. LOL. :) Personally, I would prefer a full bathing suit rather than a show-everything bikini.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Sure I'll join this party. I love to dance in worship so yes I think dancing is fine; it's even biblical. But like others said "dancing" which is just about rubbing your body up against someone else's body is not going to honor God, it's not going to do anything except stir up lust and temptation.

I listen to mainly Christian music but I've been known to enjoy some other songs too; I've known people who followed Jesus but hated Christian music because it seemed so fake and overly happy all the time and they couldn't identify. I do think it is important to realize that what you listen to will affect you. You don't need to be worried about just the blatantly inappropriate messages but also the subtle faith destroying messages: your happiness comfort and pleasure are the most important things in life; it's ok to trample other people to get what you want; by your own will or belief you in and of yourself have the power to make things happen. I don't listen to much modern music so I really don't know what all is out there. I just know that blatantly sexual lyrics are not the only faith destroying content out there. Listen critically and be aware of the messages you listening to.

As far as Bikini's, how do you want men looking at you? What kind of attention do you want from them? What you look like will determine what you attract. If you look like and easy girl or a slutty girl you will attract the kind of guys that want to be with easy and slutty girls. If you look like a brainy girl you will attract guys who like brainy girls. And if you look like a holy girl you will attract men who are looking for holy girls.

Oh and welcome to CC. Hope you find good encouragement and friends here.