Other religions?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KisDawn

I know lately there has been a lot of news about this

YouTube - Pakistan Bans YouTube, Wikipedia, Flickr...

And I was wondering what other peoples views on it are?

Also too with other religions, like I know in Islam that Jesus is seen as a prophet. Also that we have our old testament from the Jewish religion. So I kind of see them as cousin religions to Christianity. I just want to know what other people think.

G

giuseppe

I know lately there has been a lot of news about this

YouTube - Pakistan Bans YouTube, Wikipedia, Flickr...

And I was wondering what other peoples views on it are?
Any ban is completely useless, because you can overcome it if you have basic technical skills.

Also too with other religions, like I know in Islam that Jesus is seen as a prophet. Also that we have our old testament from the Jewish religion. So I kind of see them as cousin religions to Christianity. I just want to know what other people think.
Christianity, Islamism and Hebraism are three monotheistic religions. Ultimately, God is the same. Other than that, each theology is very different. If you don't believe that Christ is God, risen from the dead, who came to earth to set you free, you're not a Christian, period. I even know some atheists and Buddhists who claim to consider Christ 'a good person', which doesn't mean they are Christians' cousins, let alone Christians themselves.

K

KisDawn

Any ban is completely useless, because you can overcome it if you have basic technical skills.
You're right, people will get around it, and it to me at least only says that Pakistan wants to censor things based on feelings. It only makes what people are saying pro draw him that much more willing and wanting to spread the word to have everyone draw him.

Christianity, Islamism and Hebraism are three monotheistic religions. Ultimately, God is the same. Other than that, each theology is very different. If you don't believe that Christ is God, risen from the dead, who came to earth to set you free, you're not a Christian, period. I even know some atheists and Buddhists who claim to consider Christ 'a good person', which doesn't mean they are Christians' cousins, let alone Christians themselves.
That makes perfect sense. :)