other temples

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

krissh634

going to other temples as a christian is write or wrong?

H

Helloimandrewyo

Do it! i have gone to mass, and even a mosque once with friends.

Open minded, but stand firm!

K

Kyouken

Personally, I wouldn't... I suppose it's ok as long as you don't follow what they're doing (you could probably assume people in a mosque aren't reading from the Bible)... Even then, though, it's kind of iffy... If you really aren't sure whether it's right or wrong, it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

B

barukhmalachi

If you are rooted in christ and rock steady in your faith you may hold up ok. They draw converts by making people doubt their faith or salvation. Doing this is dangerous for newer christians. They all have some similarities that's what makes thenm so dangerous. I have gone to mormon and jehovah witness to learn more about them. I have stumped them in debate and brought up points they have never thought about before. They will not sway from their beliefs. I would not recommend it. If there can come no good from it why do it.

U

Ugly

Why would you want to? What's the purpose? Go to a place where the teachings are non-Christian and having your heart and head filled with that on a weekly basis.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
If you are rooted in christ and rock steady in your faith you may hold up ok. They draw converts by making people doubt their faith or salvation. Doing this is dangerous for newer christians. They all have some similarities that's what makes thenm so dangerous. I have gone to mormon and jehovah witness to learn more about them. I have stumped them in debate and brought up points they have never thought about before. They will not sway from their beliefs. I would not recommend it. If there can come no good from it why do it.
Sounds right to me. People try the intimidation, salesman, self-secure and social-pressure games, but unless they use logic I don't budge. I spoke with one such woman who had an answer for everything and rattled it off. She fabricated information I had never heard about on the spot. I didn't know what to say. So I told her I'd look into it more, and I went home. Later I found out the info she gave me was incorrect.

Last edited:
H

Helloimandrewyo

i think it boils down to being firmly rooted as well. We are supposed to study to show ourselves approved. I think it's kind of double sided though to invite my non-christian friends to church with me, but if i have a non-christian friend invite me to their place of worship i refuse to go?

For me it's just being respectful.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
i think it boils down to being firmly rooted as well. We are supposed to study to show ourselves approved. I think it's kind of double sided though to invite my non-christian friends to church with me, but if i have a non-christian friend invite me to their place of worship i refuse to go?

For me it's just being respectful.
I'm curious about that myself, because the Bible says we're supposed to love God more than Man. And going to another religion's temple is like wilfully going into a den of spiritual adultery, with foreign men hitting on you while you're married to Christ. The message you send that unbelieving friend could also be one of, "I submit to your religion," or "I don't take mine seriously." But it could also be, "I'm stable in my faith, and you can't shake me." So it really depends on what comes of the occasion, and if you think God, as your husband, would approve.

H

Helloimandrewyo

Meh, i never submit to anything except invites. If there was some point in the service they were partaking in something i wasn't comfortable with, i would definately refuse it. I do that at christian churches sometimes. Personal convictions should be present wherever you are.

H

Helloimandrewyo

I'm curious about that myself, because the Bible says we're supposed to love God more than Man. And going to another religion's temple is like wilfully going into a den of spiritual adultery, with foreign men hitting on you while you're married to Christ. The message you send that unbelieving friend could also be one of, "I submit to your religion," or "I don't take mine seriously." But it could also be, "I'm stable in my faith, and you can't shake me." So it really depends on what comes of the occasion, and if you think God, as your husband, would approve.
Yet that is a really healthy way of thinking about it man. A way i have never thought before, but it def makes sense.