OUR FATHER............

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“OUR FATHER, WHICH ART IN HEAVEN”

Matthew 5:9) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the childrenof God…..16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your goodworks, and glorify your Father which is in heaven…..34) But I say unto you,Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne…..45) That ye maybe the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun torise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on theunjust,…… 48) Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven isperfect.

“HALLOWED BE THY NAME”

Exodus 20:7) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for theLord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Nehemiah 1:5) And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great andterrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him andobserve his commandments.

Psalms 68:35) O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God ofIsrael is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shaltthou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Leviticus 20:3) And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him offfrom among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defilemy sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

Mark 12:29) And Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is, Hear,O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Ephesians 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all,and in you all.

“THY KINGDOM COME”

Luke 9:27) But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shallnot taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 16:28) tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not tastedeath before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1) And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who arestanding here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come withpower."

Matthew 24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: andthen shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of mancoming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Acts 1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up intoheaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so comein like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, andthey also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail becauseof him. Even so, Amen.

“THY WILL BE DONE IN EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”

Job 1:12) And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thypower; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from thepresence of the Lord.

Job 2:6) And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thy hand; but save hislife.

Job 38:8) Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it hadissued out of the womb? 9) When I made the cloud the darkness a swaddling bandfor it, 10) And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors. 11)And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud wavesbe stayed?

Matthew 12:50) For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven,the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; andall these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 26:39) Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground andprayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yetnot as I will, but as you will." …… 42) He went away a second time andprayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken awayunless I drink it, may your will be done."

“GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD”

Exodus 16:4) Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread fromheaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate everyday, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Matthew 6:31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? Or, Whatshall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32) (For after all thesethings do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have needof all these things. 33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and hisrighteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalms 37:3) Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land,and truly you shall be fed.

Luke 12:29) And seek not you what you shall eat, or what you shall drink,neither be you of doubtful mind.

“AND FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS”

Matthew 7:1) Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2) For with what judgment yejudge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measuredto you again.

Matthew 18:21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brothersin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times? 22) Jesus saith unto him,I say not unto thee, Until seventy times seven…..32) Then his lord, after thathe had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee allthat debt, because thou desiredst me: 33) Shouldest not thou also have hadcompassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

Matthew 5:23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and thererememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee; 24) Leave there thy giftbefore the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and thencome and offer thy gift.

Mark 11:25) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any:that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

“AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL:”

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for Godcannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man; 14) But every man istempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Psalm 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Romans 6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedienceunto righteousness? ………….. 18) Being then made free from sin, ye became theservants of righteousness.

Ephesians 6:13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may beable to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

JOHN 17:15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but thatthou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Luke 4:35) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurthim not. 36) And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, Whata word is this! For with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits,and they come out.

Acts 17:19) But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, andbrought them forth, and said, 20) Go, stand and speak in the temple to thepeople all the words of this life.

“FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, AND THE POWER, AND THE GLORY, FOREVER.”

Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth…… 26) AndGod said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them havedominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over thecattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepethupon the earth.

Psalms 9:7) But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne forjudgment. 8) And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall ministerjudgment to the people in uprightness. 9) The Lord also will be a refuge forthe oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10) And they that know thy namewill put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seekthee.

John 18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom wereof this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered tothe Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Colossians 1:12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to bepartakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13) Who hath delivered usfrom the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dearSon: 14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even to the forgivenessof sins:………..16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, andthat are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, ordominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, andfor him: 17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Psalms 8:1) O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Whohast set thy glory above the heavens………..3) When I consider thy heavens, thework of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4) Whatis man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitesthim?.............9) O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all theearth.

Matthew 17:1) And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John hisbrother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 .) And wastransfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raimentwas white as the light. 3 .) And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses andElias talking with him. 4 .) Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, itis good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles;one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5 .) While he yet spake,behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud,which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. 6.) And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were soreafraid. 7 .) And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be notafraid. 8 .) And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, saveJesus only.

Ephesians 1:17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, maygive unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18.) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what isthe hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance inthe saints, 19 .) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-wardwho believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 .) Which hewrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own righthand in the heavenly places, 21 .) Far above all principality, and power, andmight, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, butalso in that which is to come:
22 .) And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head overall things to the church,
23 .) Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Revelation 22:13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the firstand the last.

Isaiah 41:4) Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth thegenerations from the beginning? I, the LORD – with the first of them and withthe last – I am he.

Revelation 1:8) I am the Alpha and the Omega. Says the Lord God. Who is, andwho was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6) He said to me: It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, theBeginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without costfrom the spring of the water of life.

J

jkalyna

I think you missed the most important verse, " deliver us from evil, and forgive us, our traspasses as we forgive those who traspass against us. Were to pray and ask the Lord to lead us not into temptation, and to deliver us from evil, either you missed it or I did, but we do not walk on the same spiritual path as the heathen, for it is a road of darkness, and if we serve the Lord, he is the light, for us and for the world, if they choose to believe. To forgive, is the essence of true fellowship with Christ. It is his character, and as we are adopted spiritually as his sons and daughters, our spiritual nature should be just as his. You missed the vital parts of the Lords prayer.

Attachments

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I think you missed the most important verse, " deliver us from evil, and forgive us, our traspasses as we forgive those who traspass against us. Were to pray and ask the Lord to lead us not into temptation, and to deliver us from evil, either you missed it or I did, but we do not walk on the same spiritual path as the heathen, for it is a road of darkness, and if we serve the Lord, he is the light, for us and for the world, if they choose to believe. To forgive, is the essence of true fellowship with Christ. It is his character, and as we are adopted spiritually as his sons and daughters, our spiritual nature should be just as his. You missed the vital parts of the Lords prayer.
FROM THE OP: “AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL:”

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for Godcannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man; 14) But every man istempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Psalm 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Romans 6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedienceunto righteousness? ………….. 18) Being then made free from sin, ye became theservants of righteousness.

Ephesians 6:13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may beable to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

JOHN 17:15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but thatthou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Luke 4:35) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurthim not. 36) And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, Whata word is this! For with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits,and they come out.

Acts 17:19) But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, andbrought them forth, and said, 20) Go, stand and speak in the temple to thepeople all the words of this life.

G

Graybeard

I think someone may need glasses.....:p