Our Oldest Child

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2013
She was a difficult child and
when she became a teenager in high school she seemed to get much worse. I remember one day, when she was a senior, we were all
up and getting ready for work and school and there was something about her backpack sitting there in the entry hall. The Lord
must have been telling me something, because I went over and looked in it and I don't think I had ever done that before. In it
was a half empty quart bottle of bourbon. I poured it down the drain where it belonged and we reported it to the school and
they were very interested in who she planned to share it with.

Things got worse at the end of the school year when we had a fine Christian college picked out for her in another state. The day
before she was to go we uncovered a scheme that she had to run away from home with some of her friends and take some money
from us for her new life instead of going to school. My wife had a talk with her and told me how she could see a demon in her eyes.
We began to feel that it was God's will for her to go to that Christian school and all sorts of things seemed to interfere with her
getting there, but she got there on time because we brought her. After months of being there... she was a changed girl and
seemed to feel nostalgic about her old home town and us and also the Lord. She turned around and although she never finished
and graduated at that school she became a very changed and saved person.

A couple yrs. later she was at home one day and told us how a TV program we were watching was not proper for a Christian to watch! She wasn't joking.
She had become more strict than we were! Who would have guessed it? Not me. She prays for people now and recently
seems to have survived easily a baseball sized tumor near one kidney.
Thanks to the Lord Jesus for making her the person she was supposed to be.

4Hizcall

How encouraging!! Wow what a wonderful testimony!! *hugs*

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praise God! People do change. She's very blessed that you were willing as parents to rescue her from herself. Young people are sometimes easily deceived and it takes courage and the willingness to be the 'bad guys' to keep them safe and get them through the stormy waters! You knew very well that the world's promises were false; it just took her some time to see that for herself.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
That's a great testimony! Thanks for sharing that.

I

intercessorginger

God can do anything!!

N

Newme

Love this.

Praise The Lord!!

D

doll

God knew she would face that illness and she needed to be close to him to overcome it, praise the Lord!
I used to be that girl, but my mother encouraged and condoned my drinking and drug abuse. It's a miracle that I recovered.
God is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
Thank you for sharing your daughter's testimony.

It brought a smile to my face. Thank you so much.