Our Work in Life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 21, 2014
Flaming spirit Keep going bro your on it and you are correct. But you should give them some scripture. You know your right and so do I. Bless him Lord. As you have done already. Flame problem is They are no where near where you are right now. Take your message to the world.

Jun 4, 2014
Flaming spirit Keep going bro your on it and you are correct. But you should give them some scripture. You know your right and so do I. Bless him Lord. As you have done already. Flame problem is They are no where near where you are right now. Take your message to the world.
I will take my message to the world, brother! This evil world CAN be defeated. But I will include more scripture that if God willing, they will see with open eyes.

Jun 4, 2014
Genesis 9

22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

26 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Early in Genesis we find the story of men multiplying on the earth with the sons of God taking the daughters of men and having children by them. Of which grew to be "giants" in the earth and called "nephilim".

Seeing as as how there are no aliens and nothing new under the sun, there were never any 50 meter tall men. This was a parable for our day!

Jun 4, 2014
All men are by birth sons of God! If Adam was one and Eve from Adam, then what makes their children? One thing we must do is to come out of fairytales and imaginations of Hollywood and art work.

Over time as men grew in numbers, with it came various ways and ideas of how to be social with one another. How to communicate and to work on more large scale projects. We developed methods of trade and barter then money. As ideas of what it is to be "civilized" spread and took shape among the people, differences in status began to emerge. Just like football or basketball, some people are better and more skilled than others and so by these accepted ideas and imaginations of men some men grew to be very powerful! This is what the bible means when it says they were giant or mighty!

The bible states that every one except those on the ark died in the flood, correct? It ALSO says that even AFTER the flood these giant and mighty ones appeared! How? Because of Ham!

See we most talk about the bible but do they understand the meaning? Ham "saw his father's nakedness! And for it Noah cursed his son Canaan! Why?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
John 12:4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
John 12:5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
John 12:7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
John 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Stop obsessing with money and social differences brother... it does not lead towards God's purposes.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
All men are by birth sons of God! If Adam was one and Eve from Adam, then what makes their children? One thing we must do is to come out of fairytales and imaginations of Hollywood and art work.

Over time as men grew in numbers, with it came various ways and ideas of how to be social with one another. How to communicate and to work on more large scale projects. We developed methods of trade and barter then money. As ideas of what it is to be "civilized" spread and took shape among the people, differences in status began to emerge. Just like football or basketball, some people are better and more skilled than others and so by these accepted ideas and imaginations of men some men grew to be very powerful! This is what the bible means when it says they were giant or mighty!

The bible states that every one except those on the ark died in the flood, correct? It ALSO says that even AFTER the flood these giant and mighty ones appeared! How? Because of Ham!

See we most talk about the bible but do they understand the meaning? Ham "saw his father's nakedness! And for it Noah cursed his son Canaan! Why?
neither of your posts proved anything except your own opinion:(

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
John 12:4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
John 12:5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
John 12:7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
John 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Stop obsessing with money and social differences brother... it does not lead towards God's purposes.
excellent point my friend perhaps I also should stop arguing with flame and move on I don't think this will end well....

Jun 4, 2014
As stated before there were only 7 alive on that boat! How did giants and mighty cross over? Ham by uncovering his father's nakedness. What does that mean? Sons of God (children born into the world)came into the daughters of men (grew to accept traditions of man) and had children by them (sons and daughters born into traditions)

But did Ham only see his dad in his birthday suit!? No! Let's look at what scripture says happened.

Leviticus 18

7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Does this mean that Ham had sex with his mom? I at one point thought that only looking at the appearance, but that's not the case!

It is again parabolic. Daughters of men were accepted traditions of men. Ham had taken an IDEA or tradition that have killed off the old world into the new.

Jun 4, 2014
excellent point my friend perhaps I also should stop arguing with flame and move on I don't think this will end well....
Stop what? I'm not out to end the poor. There will always be such looks, intelligence and wisdom as long as we are mere flesh and blood. Plus for those that love to quote these verses to me I ask, WHO WAS JESUS TALKING TO!?!? Judas, THE ONE WHO WOULD BETRAY HIM, THE ONE WHO HELD THE PURSE!! The Judas' of our "churches" today does indeed have the poor who faithfully live in poverty so that their pastor can drive a Cadillac!

K

kennethcadwell

As stated before there were only 7 alive on that boat! How did giants and mighty cross over? Ham by uncovering his father's nakedness. What does that mean? Sons of God (children born into the world)came into the daughters of men (grew to accept traditions of man) and had children by them (sons and daughters born into traditions)

But did Ham only see his dad in his birthday suit!? No! Let's look at what scripture says happened.

Leviticus 18

7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Does this mean that Ham had sex with his mom? I at one point thought that only looking at the appearance, but that's not the case!

It is again parabolic. Daughters of men were accepted traditions of men. Ham had taken an IDEA or tradition that have killed off the old world into the new.

I may have missed you explain your reasoning, but how do you get only 7 on the ark ???

Noah and his wife = 2

Shem and his wife = 2

Ham and his wife = 2

Japheth and his wife=2

This makes 8.

Jun 4, 2014
I may have missed you explain your reasoning, but how do you get only 7 on the ark ???

Noah and his wife = 2

Shem and his wife = 2

Ham and his wife = 2

Japheth and his wife=2

This makes 8.
I meant 8. Wrong button I'm on a cell phone. But sometimes just like misspelled words, you know what is meant.

K

kennethcadwell

I meant 8. Wrong button I'm on a cell phone. But sometimes just like misspelled words, you know what is meant.
I was just making sure, because there are some out there that teach less then 8 and others like Arnold Murray who try and say more then 8.

Jun 4, 2014
Why curse Canaan? The answer is in the name itself? Remember sons of god+ daughters of men = giants and mighty ones!

History The word Canaan is not a Semitic name, although its appearance about 2300 B.C. in the Ebla texts attests to its antiquity. Because of the final “n,” it has been conjectured to be a Hurrian form. Quite probably the name was derived from a merchant designation; certainly Canaanite was ultimately equated in the biblical text with “trader” or “merchant” (Zechariah 14:21 ). Isaiah 23:8 uses Canaanites as a common noun meaning “merchants” or traders as the aristocracy to Tyre in the prophet's day. Similar association may be found in passages such as Hosea 12:7-8; Ezekiel 17:4; Zephaniah 1:11 . Canaan's identity as merchants probably goes back to a time when Canaan was limited to the area of Phoenicia, the rather small and narrow country along the seacoast of Canaan. Phoenicia was particularly known for a special purple dye produced from crushed mollusks. This product was shipped throughout the Mediterranean world. The word Canaan may be related to the special colored dye.

Ham wanted the power of the mighty ones! All the other rich and powerful had died in the flood, so if he took the blueprint they laid out (ideas of the old world), then he and his families will be the rulers of the new world! THEY were the merchant and traders! In other words, they kept this system of control through money and exchanging of goods (buying and selling)!

Jun 4, 2014
Zachariah 14

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holy unto The Lord. That means that the day is coming when all things that man has made will become common to all! There is NO reason why all of mankind is not enjoying things like the internet. It's a bleeping signal! We have enough empty houses now to ERADICATE the homeless in America! Plenty of cars, clothes, food, phones, technology and manpower!

On that day, we will finally act wise like the ant, and work together out of love and respect for life in finally taking care of OUR house!

On this day there will be no more Canaanite. All the merchants of the earth will stand afar off and weep! No one will EVER "buy" something again!

Jun 4, 2014
Zachariah 14

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Jun 4, 2014
As we see today, the land we live in now are full of traders and merchants!

prove-all

May 16, 2014
here is what giants where, not canaan curse

The Hebrew word "nephiyl" (H5303) which means giants or nephilim, is only found in two verses:

Gen 6:4 There were giants5303 in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants5303, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants5303: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

The term Sons of God is clearly used in the Bible to identify only those who came directly from God (as opposed to being born to man). This would include Angels, Adam, Jesus Christ, and born again Christians. Scripturally 1/3 of the Angels in Heaven were thrown from Heaven with Satan in his rebellion. While angels are said to "never marry" in heaven, they are capable of doing human things such as eating (with Abraham, for example) and that the men in Sodom had sexual ideas about them (at Lots house).

God told Adam and Eve that her seed would crush the head of Satan, so this was Satans attempt to mess with the seed of man and make it "polluted" with unnatural offspring (the Nephilium). It is also mentioned in the Bible that the flood was necessary because these Nephilium were in the land and notes that Noah ancestry was pure. Later God ordered the Israelites to kill (including their animals) did include Giants such as Goliath. We also know that there are some fallen angels that God even now has chained in the deepest pit rather than waiting on judgement.

More info…
All the giants were destroyed in the flood. However, after the flood, there was a SECOND irruption of fallen angels procreating with women and therefore giants were once again in the land. The second irruption as stated in Gen 6:4, "and also after that", is after the days of Noah, more than 500 years after the flood.

Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Both the first rebellion and the second were Satan's attempt to prevent the coming of the Seed of the woman, i.e. the lineage leading to Christ. As soon as it was known that Christ was to come through Abraham, the aim of the enemy was to occupy Canaan before Abraham and fight against it's occupation by his seed. When Abraham entered Canaan, the giants were already in the land.

Gen 12:6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh.
And the Canaanite was then in the land.

Abraham and his seed were attacked. The second influx of giants were mostly confined to Canaan and were known as "the nations of Canaan". The sword of Israel was necessary for the destruction of them. They were to be cut off and driven out, and utterly destroyed.

Deut 20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance,
thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

Israel failed in this. The giants were finally utterly destroyed by the four kings under Chedorlaomer.

Gen 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,

6 And the Horites in their mount Seir, unto El-paran, which is by the wilderness.
7 And they returned, and came to En-mishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites that dwelt in Hazezon- tamar.
8 And there went out the king of Sodom, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king of Admah, and the king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (the same is Zoar and they joined battle with them in the vale of Siddim;
9 With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.

The names of the clans of giants are named here: Gen 15:19-21 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.

The giants are also translated as "dead" or "deceased". They have no resurrection.
Isaiah 26:13 O LORD our God, other lords besides thee have had dominion over us:
but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.

14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise:
therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

The angels which kept not their first estate and went after women are now held in chains of darkness. Their progeny have all been utterly destroyed. The line to our Savior was preserved and He has suffered, died and is risen so that all who believe in Him have hope of eternal life. Satan (and his minions) has failed and will fail in all his attempts to change the purposes of God.

2Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains [pits] of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation,
He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Numbers 13:32,33:
“All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim
there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim).”

Deuteronomy 2:10-12 records:
“The Emites used to live there (Moab) - a people strong and numerous,
and as tall as the Anakites. Like the Anakites, they too were considered
Rephaites, but the Moabites called them Emites. Horites used to live in Seir,
but he descendants of Esau drove them out.”

Rephaites was the general name for people like the Anakites, Emites, Horites.
In Deuteronomy 2:20 they are called Zamzummites by the Ammonites:

“That too (region of Moab at Ar) was considered a land of the Rephaites,
who used to live there; but the Ammonites called them Zamzummites.

They were a people as numerous, and as tall as the Anakites.”
The Greeks who settle in Philistia (coming from Caphtorites) and became known as the Philistines
destroyed a group known as the Avvites in Deuteronomy 2:23.

Emites , Anakites, Horites, Zamzummites, Avvites where all considered to be descendents of Rephaites
which is another name for Nephilim since it says “the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim.”

Goliath, who was more than 9 feet tall, was a Rephaite.1 Sam 17:4, Sam. 21:19; 1 Chron. 20:5.

Rapha was one of the ancestors of this distinct group known as the Rephaites:
2 Sm. 21:16, 18, 20, 22; 1 Chron. 20:4, 6, 8.

King Og reigned over the territory of Ashtaroth and Edrei in Bashan. He had a bed that was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide. (Deut. 3:1-11)

“Only Og king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaites.
His bed was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide.”

David’s men dealt with four other descendants of Rapha:

Ishbi-Benob who had a bronze spearhead that weighed 7 1/2 pounds (2 Sam. 21:16)
A huge Rephaite with 12 fingers and 12 toes (2 Sam.21:20)
Lahmi, Goliath’s brother, who had a spear like a shaft of a weaver’s rod (1 Chron. 20:5)

An Egyptian who was 7 1/2 feet tall (1 Chron. 11:22-23)

Jun 4, 2014
Again will you believe fairytales about what "giants" were, or will you let the bible interpret itself? And what is this "directly from God" coming from? Adam was a son of God. All his children were sons of God! All those you mentioned are those that grabbed power under the merchant system set up by Ham.

1 Samuel 8

9 Now there was a man of Benjamin, whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power.

2 And he had a son, whose name was Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.

Either Saul looked like a giraffe, or again we are dealing with PARABLES. No. Saul's dad was a man I power and mighty. He was a "giant!"

Jun 4, 2014
I thought you all desired to be free from bondage. Maybe the poor will appreciate what I am saying.