Overcoming Homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sweet0712

I understand that homosexuality is a sin, and I do not want to act on it. However, I caught myself checking another person of the same gender out a few times. How do I overcome lusting after the same gender?

M

MidniteWelder

Same way a straight person overcomes lust of the opposite gender.
Pray and ask God to deliver you from it.
and be willing to accept deliverance by completely letting worldiness go away in favor of Gods righteousness.
Nothing of yourself

But instead All God replacing everything that is within you.
And you hold on to nothing left of yourself.
Nothing at all
Thats being born again...because you have died...to your old self :)

U

Ugly

I'd start by saying to stop jumping to conclusions. Just because you took a few notices of the same gender doesn't mean you have to 'overcome homosexuality'. I'm not saying to ignore it. But, seriously, don't make more out of it. Try to lean away from that thinking, because that's how things grow. But really, at this point, it is a small thing. It will only become an issue if you indulge it. If you resist this minor thing it will go away.

A

AgeofKnowledge

You're a female so date handsome quality men that you find engaging. Replace the bad thing with a good thing. Not only will you avoid ending up with nothing but you'll lose the bad thing and gain something good. See how this works?

I understand that homosexuality is a sin, and I do not want to act on it. However, I caught myself checking another person of the same gender out a few times. How do I overcome lusting after the same gender?

A

Anna20fAustralia

Hey, I really know where you are coming from. I guess the first thing I feel to say is that feelings are one things and doing things are another. I feel that the worse thing you can do is just hang out by yourself and feel bad. When was feeling bad suppose to be Christian? Hopefully, you have friends / Church members you can talk about these things with. Even though I grew up Christian and was surrounded by 'friends', subjects like this were off limits. But talking to another person using words in person is really important, I feel. Reach out to others. You are not alone. And at the end of the day, no matter how bad you feel about things, Jesus loves you. Jesus feels you are the coolest, most awesomist person on Earth. I hope you can chill and work things out.

C

cgirl

Feeling this kind of stuff while you're a teenager is normal. Your hormones are crazy and your brain sometimes get confused. That doesn't mean you like your same gender, and that's where the world has got it wrong.

God made everything perfect, and He created men and women ONLY, there's not a third gender.
Keep that in mind and you'll be fine :)

(If you want more info, you could search about a book Tim LaHaye wrote about homosexuality. It's very good)

May 14, 2014
I was been like that before. Its God's grace that I ovecame it. Just focus on God and your mind to the things God wants you to do :)) communicate with God through prayer and reading bible.