Overprotection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
My goodness gracious. Sometimes I just feel like my parents do not undertand me at all. I feel like i'm caged up in this house and I can't do many things because my parents always want to know where I am. Even when I want to just go shopping with my friends at the mall, they have to know what time, where I'm going, whose taking me, what time i'll be back....it's just too much.

T

tryingtofindhim

awwwww........ :( I'm sorry. Sounds like you need to have a heart to heart conversation with you parents about this. In doing this, if they dont' see your point don't show yourself getting upset because that shows immaturity (to them). If all doesn't go well, you only have 1 more year. :)

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
LOL. Nice. I know they mean well but my brain isn't taking all this properly. They are just too freaked out about other accidents happening because someone else's parents drove a child to an event and it turns out the parents weren't good drivers :p

Nov 12, 2009
I know you have a hard time seeing it right now but if you ever grow up to have a family of your own, you'll see why your parents are so desperate to protect you. They have invested their LIVES in keeping you happy and safe!!!
I came from an EXTREMELY controlling family and faith. I couldn't stand my mother. My biggest dream was to live in another area code (long distance phone number) from my parents.
Now, I have 2 children of my own that I fear for each and every day...and it's not because I want to control them, it's because I'll do anything and everything for them to have a good life... based on GOOD CHOICES. I thought I knew everything...and I still think I know everything lol but being smart doesn't make you wise.

Have good cheer! One day, you'll be on your own to make your OWN rules...
and paying your OWN bills ;) LOL

May God bless You today and EVERY day :)

My goodness gracious. Sometimes I just feel like my parents do not undertand me at all. I feel like i'm caged up in this house and I can't do many things because my parents always want to know where I am. Even when I want to just go shopping with my friends at the mall, they have to know what time, where I'm going, whose taking me, what time i'll be back....it's just too much.

V

Vidy

Don't worry, I know how it feels =S

My parents used to be that way. They've gotten a little lax in the years, and the only thing that really annoys me now is that I pretty much can't be in the same room as a girl if the room has a bed in it- Even if the door is open, lights are on, and with other people in the room -.- I understand alone-ness, but reeaaallly?

Anyway, I see no problem with them wanting to know where you are and how long you'd be out. Even though I'm still in school myself, I'd expect it from my kids. It's caring, not overprotection. Overprotection is far, far worse than what you've described lol.

W

WastingTheDawn

Your parents love you like there's no tomorrow. That's the reason they act how they act. Spend a while thinking how much they love you and how they would grief if something would happen. Really, spend a while!

faith4life

Dec 18, 2008
Even when I want to just go shopping with my friends at the mall, they have to know what time, where I'm going, whose taking me, what time i'll be back....it's just too much.
That's good parenting.

Dec 19, 2009
That's good parenting.
That's good parenting. Yes it is.
But I don't blame a teenager for getting fed up with it. I know I used to.

By the way I think faith4life is a great nickname on here.

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Gal5:6

J

Jemmie

I so know how you feel because i feel that way ALL THE TIME.