Pagan Symbols and Christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kefa52

Probably the same way I became a Christian in 1996 when it was right around Easter. Whether people call it pagan or not it was when I really realized the sacrifice Christ made for us. Sure, I could have become a Christian in July, but for some reason being reminded of the resurrection in Spring of 96 played a big role in me becoming a Christian.
We still have 5 productive members that joined form last years Easter egg hunt.

Oct 31, 2011
Some Americans tend to make mountains out of molehills when it comes to these topics. It's not ungodly to celebrate Christmas and Easter. Get over yourselves!
Well said, but it is ungodly to not obey after God says that for all time, do it THIS way.

TomL

Banned
Feb 26, 2013
Well said, but it is ungodly to not obey after God says that for all time, do it THIS way.
Well said? He said. "It's not ungodly to celebrate Christmas (a holiday that mixes the birth of Christ with paganism) and Easter (a holiday that mixes the resurrection of Christ with paganism). It certainly is ungodly. See 2 Corinthians 6.14-18.

Spurgeon well said, "I believe that one reason why the Church of God at this present moment has so little influence over the world is because the world has so much influence over the church."

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Again you show your ignorance.

The verse does not imply what you falsely read into it. It actually speaks of the importance to avoid eating such meat for the sake of the love of the brethren. This is if anything seen in the three last verses of same chapter, which you omitted in your quote.

Then we have other NT scriptures clearly condemning such a practice:
....................................AMEN!!!!!..... AMEN...... PRAISE GOD FOR HIS TRUTHS......... I LOVE WHEN THE WORD OF GOD SPEAK FOR ITSELF......