Painting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Painting fingernails is boring. Painting a picture is more like it. I like using French dye to paint on silk, but you need a frame to hold the silk above the table. Oil paint is most fun but it stinks. Acrylics dry so fast you can't work them, you have to be accurate each stroke. The challenges make it exciting. But paint on fingernails is boring.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Painting fingernails is boring. Painting a picture is more like it. I like using French dye to paint on silk, but you need a frame to hold the silk above the table. Oil paint is most fun but it stinks. Acrylics dry so fast you can't work them, you have to be accurate each stroke. The challenges make it exciting. But paint on fingernails is boring.

Well, first, I'm not painting my fingernails. I'm painting my toenails. And I appreciate you pointing out how I spend my time as boring. :D

And for the record. I paint canvas too.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Nail polish originated in China, dating back to 3000 BC. Around 600 BC during the Zhou Dynasty, the royal house had a preference for the colors gold and silver. However, it would eventually transition to red and black. During the Ming Dynasty, nail polish was often made from a mixture of egg whites, beeswax, Arabic gum and flower petals to create a pigment that they would soak their nails in for hours to reach a desirable effect.

**really hopes Duchess had to Google this
:D