Parable of the Rich man And the Beggar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmjLB3hDYU&feature[/video]

R

Ramon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2jrci8eBo&feature[/video]

R

Ramon

Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

J

jimmydiggs

Ramon, Thank you for posting these videos. I watched several from that channel about the Parables of Jesus, and feel like I understand certain parts of it better.

R

Ramon

Ramon, Thank you for posting these videos. I watched several from that channel about the Parables of Jesus, and feel like I understand certain parts of it better.
May Jesus bless you.

I have posted several other Parable videos also. A very important one is the Parable of the Kingdom.

What I love about these videos, is that they actually got it right. So the Lord had everything to do with it.

I have seen some movies that were supposed to be about Jesus, but the spirit behind them was full of lust and error. (Yup, he can show you the spirit behind anything, which is why he says to try them).

But the Parables of the Kingdom, are almost right on. And they are very important, not only for understanding of the mind, but an understanding to the heart.

Jesus is not talking to someone else. He is talking to you.

May Jesus bless you.

Y

yaright

Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
I really like this a lot because there is something hidden in the last verse you have here. A person really shouldn't have to look too hard to see it....

L

LovingtheLord

I really like this a lot because there is something hidden in the last verse you have here. A person really shouldn't have to look too hard to see it....
Arr thanks for pointing that out Yaright, thanks ;)

L

LovingtheLord

Also

Luke 11
49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: 50That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Here Jesus was talking about his ransom for mans sins.

R

Ramon

CEV

Luk 16:19 There was once a rich man who wore expensive clothes and every day ate the best food.
Luk 16:20 But a poor beggar named Lazarus was brought to the gate of the rich man's house.
Luk 16:21 He was happy just to eat the scraps that fell from the rich man's table. His body was covered with sores, and dogs kept coming up to lick them.
Luk 16:22 The poor man died, and angels took him to the place of honor next to Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried.
Luk 16:23 He went to hell and was suffering terribly. When he looked up and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side,
Luk 16:24 he said to Abraham, "Have pity on me! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and touch my tongue. I'm suffering terribly in this fire."
Luk 16:25 Abraham answered, "My friend, remember that while you lived, you had everything good, and Lazarus had everything bad. Now he is happy, and you are in pain.
Luk 16:26 And besides, there is a deep ditch between us, and no one from either side can cross over."
Luk 16:27 But the rich man said, "Abraham, then please send Lazarus to my father's home.
Luk 16:28 Let him warn my five brothers, so they won't come to this horrible place."
Luk 16:29 Abraham answered, "Your brothers can read what Moses and the prophets wrote. They should pay attention to that."
Luk 16:30 Then the rich man said, "No, that's not enough! If only someone from the dead would go to them, they would listen and turn to God."
Luk 16:31 So Abraham said, "If they won't pay attention to Moses and the prophets, they won't listen even to someone who comes back from the dead."