Parable********************of the Unjust Judge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nov 14, 2016
Luke 18:1-8 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always, to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? *******What do you think about this Parable? *****Is this Parable neglected in the Church today? *****Why did Jesus teach in Parables? *****Does healing apply to this Parable? ****What adversaries do we have today that we need God to take care of...? ****be sweet when discussing this Parable and remember that John who was a son of thunder became the Apostle of Love---there is hope for us all...

Nov 14, 2016
What do you think the main teaching in this Parable is...?

Nov 14, 2016
What does it mean when Jesus asks will He find faith when He comes...?

Nov 14, 2016
Since prayer is such an important part of our Christian walk what are some way to improve our prayer lives...?

Nov 14, 2016
What are some reasons why people are not praying...?

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
What do you think the main teaching in this Parable is...?
Pray. God listens.

=============================================

I had never noticed the last sentence of this parable before:
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
This last sentence about faith taken in conjunction with the next parable--the parable of the Pharisee and publican--tells me that some who appear outwardly as righteous are all show and don't have their hearts in the right place, while others who appear to be sinners may actually be repentent.

Nov 14, 2016
Pray. God listens.

=============================================

I had never noticed the last sentence of this parable before:

This last sentence about faith taken in conjunction with the next parable--the parable of the Pharisee and publican--tells me that some who appear outwardly as righteous are all show and don't have their hearts in the right place, while others who appear to be sinners may actually be repentent.
***sounds like a good view----but could it also have to do with the Pre-Tribulation Rapture------when Christ comes at the end of the Tribulation---after all the hell and destruction---will He find faith on the Earth---I think Christ will find faith and this Parable fits in with the idea of persistance which would be needed before Christ returns...

zone

Jun 13, 2010
a million asterisks just make for a busy page.
why use them

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
a million asterisks just make for a busy page.
why use them
Some use too many asterisks. Others don't use enough question marks. What's a fella to do? :)

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Luke 18:1-8 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always, to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? *******What do you think about this Parable? *****Is this Parable neglected in the Church today? *****Why did Jesus teach in Parables? *****Does healing apply to this Parable? ****What adversaries do we have today that we need God to take care of...? ****be sweet when discussing this Parable and remember that John who was a son of thunder became the Apostle of Love---there is hope for us all...
Its a shortcut. Why wait for someone to come let you in if you can just key in the code (push someone's buttons) and let yourself in? In other words, we can nag God in prayer, and just like that King, He will give us what we pray for- because we wore Him down with our many words. But if we used that way just because it works, what would we be missing out on? Or better yet, what would He be missing out on?

He tells you- "faith". The benefit of faith for us is- pleasing God comes with rewards, whereas "without faith it's impossible to please God." The benefit for Him in seeing us have faith is- He is pleased- which is the purpose of life- to please God. In other words, by nagging to get our way, we are missing the point. God is just and will dish out justice, (Exodus 22:23) but first our hearts will be tested.

Its like this, Jesus could have been the most famous doctor and chef in the world- but that wasn't the point of His miracles. He could just give us bread- but then where would be harvesting and cooking and sharing if everyone instantly had bread? The purpose is to test our hearts, but if we have it by pushing buttons, knowing the key- that 1+2= 3, then who would not use the shortcut, and totally defeat the purpose? The purpose is for God to find faith on the earth, and not only faith- but patience, forgiveness, kindness.

Without suffering there would be no compassion. And who hopes for what they already have? How can you have faith in what is unseen if you see it already?

Last edited:

Nov 14, 2016
Its a shortcut. Why wait for someone to come let you in if you can just key in the code (push someone's buttons) and let yourself in? In other words, we can nag God in prayer, and just like that King, He will give us what we pray for- because we wore Him down with our many words. But if we used that way just because it works, what would we be missing out on? Or better yet, what would He be missing out on?

He tells you- "faith". The benefit of faith for us is- pleasing God comes with rewards, whereas "without faith it's impossible to please God." The benefit for Him in seeing us have faith is- He is pleased- which is the purpose of life- to please God. In other words, by nagging to get our way, we are missing the point. God is just and will dish out justice, (Exodus 22:23) but first our hearts will be tested.

Its like this, Jesus could have been the most famous doctor and chef in the world- but that wasn't the point of His miracles. He could just give us bread- but then where would be harvesting and cooking and sharing if everyone instantly had bread? The purpose is to test our hearts, but if we have it by pushing buttons, knowing the key- that 1+2= 3, then who would not use the shortcut, and totally defeat the purpose? The purpose is for God to find faith on the earth, and not only faith- but patience, forgiveness, kindness.

Without suffering there would be no compassion. And who hopes for what they already have? How can you have faith in what is unseen if you see it already?
****I see the point your making----good insight---no, I don't think God would want us to nag Him (pleasing God is a faith journey)----I think the Lord is trying to teach us one other principle----does anyone see it...?

Jun 1, 2016
Why did Jesus teach in Parables?

luke 8:10 "And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand."

john 3:3-6 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

john 6:63"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

john 8:47 "
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
john 17:8 "For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me."

john 4:24-26 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he."

john 3:31-34 "He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. 32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him."

Nov 14, 2016
***this Parable is teaching persistence in prayer-----there are many things you will not receive from God unless you are persistent----don't ask me why God chooses for it to be that way----I knew about a man who wanted to pray for the sick----he saw the truth of healing in the Word of God so started praying for people---he said the first 200 people he prayed for were not healed----but after this long period of seeing nothing he prayed for someone and a miracle of healing happened----this then became common for him to pray for the sick and see healing and miracles----I personally believe part of the persistence process is for God to deal with us and prepare us for the answer----what would you do if you prayed for something and got it----think about it a million dollars-----heal a cripple person----uncover a sex ring of underage children-----does this give you a new perspective on prayer...? Are you ready to go through the persistence process in believing God---are you willing to let God mature you to the place where He can answer some of your prayers...? What do you think...?

B

BeyondET

Pilate....

Nov 14, 2016
***will not God avenge His elect who cry unto Him day and night?