Parents protect your kids!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
So are you saying that when I watched those shows my subconscious brain knew I was being taught Illuminati? The brain can only sort out things it knows. If it sees a symbol that relates to Illuminati then it doesn't file it under the Illuminati category when it has no knowledge of Illuminati. As for acting on what is being watched I have many times acted on shows I have watched. I have become a super hero among the Justice League. I have lived in Bikini Bottom with Spongebob as my neighbor. I have become a wizard with Harry Potter...actually I have become Harry Potter.(Oddly enough when that came out the kid on the book looked like me. I wore circular glasses and had a scar on my forehead, not in a lightning bolt though :( ) My point is I have acted on many things I have watched(emotions too). Guess what though. I was using my imagination and nothing more.

Also, last I checked children have some of the worst attention spans which is why most shows are fast paced. Not many children will watch something that takes forever to progress. That is why many shows have failed, well that and the fact that they were just horrible and not in the least bit funny, interesting, etc.

Though, going on your post, if your child reacts badly to one show then don't let them watch that show. As long as they can still tell the difference in right and wrong and know what reality is I see no problem.
The symbolism is more about invoking something spiritually. You are thinking about it in a physiological sense. Harry Potter supports sorcery. I will look up some scriptures on that if you would like for me to. The whole Illuminati thing is probably fake, but you can't deny the fact that occult symbolism is being displayed in just about every cartoon and movie out there, repeating the same symbols over and over. To deny this fact is foolish because there is overwhelming evidence supporting it. If you look into occult and how it is practiced, it is very symbolic and ritualistic. People can be cursed through certain practice and the fact that these symbols that are used for occult ritual and casting spells and conjuring spirits is in a child's cartoon should be enough to concern any parent. If you don't believe supernatural or spirit realm exist, or that people can use it against other people through occult practice, then you are mistaken. I know the concept of spiritual warfare is so vague to a lot of people that it is hard to fathom that demonic and angelic presence could really hold any kind of influence on us at all, but it always begs the question - how can you believe in Jesus Christ, but not believe in these things?

D

Daniel94

The symbolism is more about invoking something spiritually. You are thinking about it in a physiological sense.
RedTent mentioned the subconscious before I did. What is it invoking spiritually? I am confused. How something can invoke you spiritually when you have no knowledge of it?

Harry Potter supports sorcery. I will look up some scriptures on that if you would like for me to.
Harry Potter is a wizard yes, but I don't see how it supports sorcery. It isn't like the author is out there screaming "Equal rights for wizards and witches!" Just because something appears in a book, movie, etc does not mean it directly supports that particular thing. If I were to write a book where the main character was a wizard would you say I was supporting sorcery? I don't need any scriptures on it. As I keep saying just because I watch something or your kids watch something does not mean either of us are going to start practicing it(in this particular case sorcery).

The whole Illuminati thing is probably fake, but you can't deny the fact that occult symbolism is being displayed in just about every cartoon and movie out there, repeating the same symbols over and over. To deny this fact is foolish because there is overwhelming evidence supporting it.
I have never denied anything. I have just said I think it is pointless to make a big deal out of it and I don't think every time you see a one eye monster that it is Illuminati. Also just because there is a symbol that looks like a cult symbol does not mean it is directly associated with it. Granted some probably are, but I don't think all are.

If you look into occult and how it is practiced, it is very symbolic and ritualistic. People can be cursed through certain practice and the fact that these symbols that are used for occult ritual and casting spells and conjuring spirits is in a child's cartoon should be enough to concern any parent.
Why should it concern the parent? Just because something appears in the show does not mean your children are going to start participating in what they watch. Also if they do have you ever thought that maybe they were just using their imagination like I previously said? Or are our imaginations from the Devil? I said in my previous post I have acted out many things and pretended to be many characters. I have pretended to have magic powers/super powers, but in no way am I actually thinking about becoming a sorcerer.

If you don't believe supernatural or spirit realm exist, or that people can use it against other people through occult practice, then you are mistaken. I know the concept of spiritual warfare is so vague to a lot of people that it is hard to fathom that demonic and angelic presence could really hold any kind of influence on us at all, but it always begs the question - how can you believe in Jesus Christ, but not believe in these things?
In my opinion I don't really believe the person themselves is doing that. If something were to happen it would be out of that persons control in the sense something demonic would be helping them achieve their goal. However, I know it is the persons choice to join into something demonic like that.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
RedTent mentioned the subconscious before I did. What is it invoking spiritually? I am confused. How something can invoke you spiritually when you have no knowledge of it?

Invoking spirits is the calling upon of spirits to oppress and curse people. Invoking spiritually makes no sense. I said invoke spirits aka demonic presence.

Harry Potter is a wizard yes, but I don't see how it supports sorcery. It isn't like the author is out there screaming "Equal rights for wizards and witches!" Just because something appears in a book, movie, etc does not mean it directly supports that particular thing. If I were to write a book where the main character was a wizard would you say I was supporting sorcery? I don't need any scriptures on it. As I keep saying just because I watch something or your kids watch something does not mean either of us are going to start practicing it(in this particular case sorcery).

Does it glorify God or ungodly practice of magic?

I have never denied anything. I have just said I think it is pointless to make a big deal out of it and I don't think every time you see a one eye monster that it is Illuminati. Also just because there is a symbol that looks like a cult symbol does not mean it is directly associated with it. Granted some probably are, but I don't think all are.

It is not pointless by any means. It's a practice that glorifies satan through occult symbolism.

Why should it concern the parent? Just because something appears in the show does not mean your children are going to start participating in what they watch. Also if they do have you ever thought that maybe they were just using their imagination like I previously said? Or are our imaginations from the Devil? I said in my previous post I have acted out many things and pretended to be many characters. I have pretended to have magic powers/super powers, but in no way am I actually thinking about becoming a sorcerer.

Again. Pagan/occult symbols are used in practice to invoke spirits to oppress and curse people. I can show you some verses about how evil the human imagination is if you wish.

In my opinion I don't really believe the person themselves is doing that. If something were to happen it would be out of that persons control in the sense something demonic would be helping them achieve their goal. However, I know it is the persons choice to join into something demonic like that.

Not entirely true. People can be oppressed against their wills, even christians without giving willful invitation to demons.
Thanks for your offering your perspective.

Last edited: