Pastor says to be a donkey

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

:) lol I just thought that might get some people's attention. Now I'll explain the sermon the pastor gave this palm Sunday.

He started by reading

Matthew 21

The Triumphal Entry

1 Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Bethphage,[a] at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. 3 And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”

He talked about how the human society gave awards for animal actors and set up a hall of fame for animals and the first inductee was Lassie. Then he said if they were giving out that award out in 1st century, that donkey would have gotten it, because he was a "christ-bearer" and if we wanted to get creative with it we could call him a "chrsitopher" because that is what the means "christ bearer"

(of course I had to chuckle because I have a brother in law named Christopher and plan on calling him and telling him that the preacher just compared him (or more accurately his name) to a donkey. lol)

He tells us about how its not important that our works be known, but that the One we bear be known. Without Jesus on the donkey's back, its just another donkey. However, if we allow Jesus to work in our lives then its something much more special.

I thought it was worth sharing and the kids loved the palms leaves the greeters gave them at the door. They had fun dancing to the music and swaying with them and then on the way to the car they pretended that they were ant antinanees, or the fire hose of a fire truck or cat tails. I praise God for the laughter of small children and the beauty that He fills this world with :) Lord you are truly amazing. :)

YouTube - You Are My King (Amazing Love) - Newsboys

thank you for taking time out of your day to read and share your stories :)