Paul , A true disciples heart and mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
When Paul was expressing his heart and perception of his own self , sometimes it is just awe inspiring and one of the reasons we all love Paul when you read his writings in large sections , you catch on to a beautiful rythym and shine , and see inside his mind and heart as a dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ,

and so much knowledge and expression of the kingdom seems to flow , just heavenly wisdom being imparted to the hearers we can learn from the apostles about the right attitude and mind to have about this thing and here is Paul’s answer note at the end he says “ anyone who wants to have a perfect understanding be of this same mknd I just expressed to you take my example and be a disciple a follower “

“Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews;

as touching the law, a Pharisee;

concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:

for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,

but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

( For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:4-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he sort of says everything his self there pretty plainly just sharing a view of what Paul really was thinking To gather your own valuables from it God bless consider bigger sections of scripture and see why so many say “ what does this single scripture mean ?”

And you find a constant message in Jesus words , Paul’s words , peters words , johns words , James words , ect it’s a message meant for us tomlewrn and believe and then give ourselves to in good faith believing it’s all true the promises he makes are we’re it be a disciple of Jesus , a follower who believes there’s no greater offer nor reward in the universe past or present

“And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬
(sidebar)

ever wonder if that is why so many Baptist Churches are named Antioch Baptist? :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It's not a separate denomination, just the name they use. Like 1st Baptist of whatever City, or Sweet Home Baptist, or some such....... :) There are at least four churches named Antioch within an hours drive of me.....

:)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
When Paul was expressing his heart and perception of his own self , sometimes it is just awe inspiring and one of the reasons we all love Paul when you read his writings in large sections , you catch on to a beautiful rythym and shine , and see inside his mind and heart as a dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ,
The guy could get kind of syrupy at times, though.

1 Thessalonians 2
7But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children: 8So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

:giggle:
>

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It's not a separate denomination, just the name they use. Like 1st Baptist of whatever City, or Sweet Home Baptist, or some such....... :) There are at least four churches named Antioch within an hours drive of me.....

oh I see sort of a denomination of a denomination ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The guy could get kind of syrupy at times, though.

1 Thessalonians 2
7But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children: 8So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

:giggle:
>
yep I’d say the love of Jesus Christ for Gods children was often running over from his cup

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
He truly expressed the Father's heart in all his writings.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
He truly expressed the Father's heart in all his writings.
he surely did it seemed his main drive was to communicate and share that message with others . He was deeply devoted himself but what I hear him saying is trying to teach other people
about the wonders of Jesus and his love for us who believe I think this is one of the most eloquent and beautiful sections he wrote

To me this is the heart of christianities great hope and the light of the world that shines deep in a believers heart

“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;

that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-21‬ ‭

when we grasp even a glimpse of his love the way he presented it in scripture that’s what compels us in Hope , faith and action to move into a new life in order to know and honor him who suffered and died to save us

This brings us into a transformative state where we become like clay which the master is gently shaping removing the flaws and breaks in our character to move us into a newborn state of creation in him

“For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:14-15, 17-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul really is an incredible benefit as are the other apostles who preached the same message

Paul

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Peter

“who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

even Isaiah was preaching it beforehand before Jesus was even born in the flesh

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

because it’s this act that shows us the depth of his love and this is what can penetrate and completely change a hard heart to a new heart shaped by the gospel like all disciples are shaped even Paul

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Ephesians 3:16-18

From Ephesians 3:14-19

P

pottersclay

Seeing the transformation of pauls rage to love is a testamony in its self.
Saul A self righteous murderous man following the letter of the law meets the author of it.
The author not only changes the story but also the heart and name of the accused.