Paul said "Physical Exercise profiteth a little"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2013
I say "Today in America, Physical exercise profits greatly."
Why is it that I have heard that the Baptist denomination has high rates of obesity and men being overweight?
I weigh 200 pounds. I believe that if I weighed 150 pounds, I might be able to attract very attractive members of the opposite sex.
Such that, for the entire time of our physical intimacy, I would never want for another.
I would be able to defend her from anyone who would try to steal her away.
And I would be sensitive enough to her needs (Paul said those who were married would care for the things of this world and the needs of the wife, but that is a whole other discussion) such that all her emotional and personality needs would be cared for.

In this American age of easy Christianity and video games, every male, especially Christian males, should engage in 45 minutes of exercise 4 days out of the week. That's 4 days of exercise and 3 days of rest.

Every Christian male, if married, should sacrifice 45 minutes of ministry and eating to satisfy the physical needs necessary to put him above every other male who might try to take his wife away.
Every Christian male, if not married and wanting, should make themselves more attractive than the worldly men who will take the Christian females away.

If you don't sacrifice your eating and video games, and unnecessary ministry and bible time for the sake of your spouse or potential spouse, you do so at your own peril.

D

didymos

Physical exercise as a goal IN ITSELF 'profiteth little,' true, because it should be a means to an end...
[SUP]
[/SUP]Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
[SUP]20 [/SUP]you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20, NIV)

Jun 22, 2013
Physical exercise as a goal IN ITSELF 'profiteth little,' true, because it should be a means to an end...
[SUP]
[/SUP]Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
[SUP]20 [/SUP]you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20, NIV)
I agree with this :).