PAUL: THE APOSTLE OR THE APOSTATE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jerusalem

i have recently been introduced to a line of thought that suggests....based on paul's own statements in scripture.....that he was in fact a false apostle who claimed authority based on himself alone and that he proclaimed the first false doctrines within the church based on his vision of .....not Jesus.....but an imposter angel posing as Jesus. since paul's teaching consistently seem to be the juncture at which arguments ensue about scripture contradicting itself in the new testament. how about reviewing what paul gives instructions to the church verses what the other apostle's say and then post what you think of this.

A

Anonimous

Nonsense. People argue about what Paul taught because it caused their sensitive little noses to go out of joint.

R

RachelBibleStudent

paul's letters were endorsed as scripture by peter...so rejecting paul means rejecting peter too...

paul is also the only new testament writer to endorse the gospel of luke as scripture...so rejecting paul means pulling the rug out from under luke...

reject paul and the whole new testament kind of falls like dominoes...

A

Anonimous

i have recently been introduced to a line of thought that suggests....based on paul's own statements in scripture.....that he was in fact a false apostle who claimed authority based on himself alone and that he proclaimed the first false doctrines within the church based on his vision of .....not Jesus.....but an imposter angel posing as Jesus. since paul's teaching consistently seem to be the juncture at which arguments ensue about scripture contradicting itself in the new testament. how about reviewing what paul gives instructions to the church verses what the other apostle's say and then post what you think of this.
If I were you I would give this little piece of garbage back to the person who passed it on. If his or her other teachings are similar I would recommend sprinkling it around the vegetable garden. It would be a good fertilizer.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think this idea should be simply tossed out without more thinking about it. Paul IS hard to understand, it is very important that we do understand him. Paul has made me cry in frustration. He says works will get us no where, and we must work. Scripture talks of some of the Old Testament as being obsolete yet we know all scripture is truth and for our instruction. We are to follow law and just follow Jesus. This is scripture, this is from God, it is all truth. It is very important that we don't get God wrong, that do not follow falsehood. God has the key to our eternal life, there really is nothing more important. So if any of these things seem wrong to you, it is important that you pray, study, learn, until all truth fits with all other truth.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
The reason I find that most of us 'hate' Paul is because he blatantly tells us how sinful we are.

To be honest Paul has one of my favorite stories in the Bible, his story shows how merciful God can be. How God can change evil into love. And why we should strive to be like Christ in all things we do.