Paul's Lie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Paul and his lie...
First we have to get our thoughts on one level. I hope you believe the same about God’s declarations about His men as I do. God would never call or declare a sinner holy. God would first SAVE that sinner then call him a holy man of God... 2 Peter 1:21. HOLY MEN OF GOD Spake as they were MOVED by the HOLY GHOST...

Holy – The first attribute of holy is....WITHOUT SIN! If God declares a man holy, how holy is this man? I believe as holy as God is holy. That means just like God, this man does not sin. It is as simple as that. If you do not agree you will not agree with this study. It would be best to leave it right now. I believe there is only two levels of holiness 0% and 100%.

Filled with Holy Spirit – If God declares a man full of the Holy Spirit; I believe that man is as Holy as Jesus was in the flesh. I believe the Holy Spirit FILLING that man is the ONLY Spirit in that man, that is why God use the word FULL or FILLED. I also believe that God NEVER takes any of his gifts back. That is why the gift of the FULLNESS of the Holy Spirit will be in that man, ALL THE TIME. It is not like the man is one minute full of the Spirit and the next hour only 10% full of Holy Spirit and 90% some other spirit or spirits , and then 100% full again with Holy Spirit.

If we now read in God’s Word that a person like Paul was FILLED with the Holy Ghost, then I believe he was FILLED with the Holy Ghost, and from that day on EVERY word, and EVERY action that man does will be 100% in the will of God. Why? Because the filling of the Holy Spirit brings that holiness of God to man. It brings GOD to that man, and IN THAT MAN. And that holiness is obedience to God’s will..... 100% because it is GOD’s Spirit in that man. The flesh does what the Spirit wants, if God’s Spirit is in that man. As Paul wrote in Romans 1. Obedience to the faith. Not obedience to the faith and sin.... Let me get this over as good as I can... All flesh that God’s Spirit MOVES, that Holy Spirit knows only to MOVE FLESH in God’s PERFECT WILL. So ALL flesh that is filled with God’s Spirit can only DO HOLY THINGS AND WORDS AND THOUGHTS... God’s Spirit CANNOT SIN. Not in Jesus and not is Paul and not in you, and not in me! And if I am filled with God’s Spirit, my spirit is not in flesh to sin!

And we know Paul was filled with the Holy Ghost when Ananias went to straight street to Paul, three days after Jesus told Paul what to do and where to wait...That was not Paul’s first encounter with the Holy Spirit, but that is another study...
All we have to agree on now is.... Paul was now done with sin! From now on God will MOVE Paul as GOD sees fit. And as I get it from God’s Word, Paul did go around a little (straight after Ananias was with him) so God can show that Saul turned to Paul, but then Paul went into his Apostleship training in Arabia...

However when they saw Paul again, HE WAS SCHOOLED BY GOD in his apostleship... (Gal 1:12) This was a period of three years. Jesus revealed to Paul all he had to know. And like God’s Word says... God revealed His Son JESUS IN PAUL.... WOW this is how holy Paul was... Gal 1:16. And they glorified God in me.... Words of God about Paul... Just how powerful is this? Gor revealing Jesus in Paul, and God being glorified by others in Paul.

Ok! So how can a man that God uses to REVEAL JESUS in, sin? I think he cannot! How can this man still be in a struggle against flesh? How can this Holy Spirit filled man still do things he does not want too? How can this man NOT be perfect? If God’s revelation of HIS OWN Son in a man, and the filling of HIS OWN Spirit in a man do not PERFECT that man, what does? Then NOTHING can...

I believe Paul was holy, from the day he was FILLED with the Holy Spirit. Even Perfect in character already,BUT Jesus was still to teach Him his trade as an Apostle. And this time was used to calm the people down. Remember Saul was a VERY feared man. Remember the three years the disciples spend with Jesus, so Paul also spend three years with Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit. The disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit at the end of their walk with Christ, and Paul was filled at the start.
Now that we established how Jesus-like Paul was when he returned from Arabia and how God qualified Paul as a worthy Apostle to do what God chose him to do we can look at Paul and what he said to whom when he preached.....

Now we have to agree that there are levels of faith. There are some things some people in faith (young in faith) cannot recieve YET. One of that is that God can make a person perfect! Only the mature would realize that. It is so simple, but yet so DEEP! So Paul spoke to all people on all levels. Just as the Word of God is for ALL levels.

It is for the beginner in faith (milk drinkers) and for the mature in faith (meat eaters). And Paul and Jesus BOTH had the ability through the Holy Spirit to preach to the level they should have.

Paul preached to ALL levels, and not the same things. To one level (the mature) Paul would say... Only Jesus lives in me. Or he would say FOLLOW me... WOW! I thought we are to follow Jesus. But who do we follow if Jesus is IN PAUL? Paul or Jesus? There is a verse that I asked.... God how can you say this... then He said if you ARE LIKE JESUS, why should they NOT BECOME LIKE YOU? Paul said... Be ye followers of me, EVEN as I am of Christ.... Also Paul said And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord.... Iasked God how can this be, then He reminded me of the LIKENESS of God’s Children to HIS SON! 100% ALIKE!

So Jesus never said he was NOT PERFECT, but Paul did. You see Jesus was God with us... EMMANUAL... God with us. Paul was a Godly man with us, and he had to still GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO EMMANUAL! So Paul would lie about his holiness, to give ABUNDANCE to EMMANUAL! If Paul said that he did not attain perfection, he gives ALL he is to the Glory of the ONE that MADE him what he is. IT IS NOT A LIE! Paul said I LIE NOT! But to some levels of faith that do not understand how complete God makes holy people, it will look as a lie.

Rom 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

If there are some things Paul said that can be percieved as a lie, it is statements of this nature... Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
And in Romans 1 He says HE HAS ALREADY RECIEVED THE APOSTLESHIP FROM GOD.

Do you see it looks like CONTRADICTION..., But read the whole of Philiipians 3 and you will see PAUL WAS SEAKING TO THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE ON WHAT THEY SHOULD DO! Paul was telling them what HE would have done if he was in their shoes, So that they may obtain the HIGH CALLING! Born of God! Saintship and the perfecting of the saints... Paul was already one that should DO THIS TO SAINTS... See the Godly compassion for his followers? Do you see the LOVE in placing himself in their situation. Reminds me of the compassion Jesus had for his disciples... Looks like God’s Spirit will ALWAYS be compassionate when teaching!

In the old testament we read of an ANGEL (spirit) that said to God that he would become a lying spirit in the mouths of prophets...1 Kings 22.... and the Lord said go forth and do so...

And as loveme also said...we should also take into account Romans 3:4.

Thank you for the oppertunity to share how I recieved it, and why I believe as I do. I just hope that even ONE person would benifit by something I wrote.

I ask... Lord please let this piece, honor Your Holy Name. May Your glory be shining on us. Thank you Lord that you teach me patience and longsuffering, right here on CC. Lord bless us and let patience have her PERFECT WAY, that we will be made whole and WANTING NOTHING. For your glory and honor AMEN!

N

nathan3

I don't understand the Arabia references .

I honestly was very confused by the title. It made it seem like you were attacking Paul. I'm American so I would be less confused if you said : A lie, about Paul . Or something totally different ..

And honesty it was wayyy too long for me . could be much more concise .

C

crosspreacher

Thank you for this thread. I appreciate it. Paul was not lying but he was only misunderstood like every man of God in their time. God bless you brother.

Feb 17, 2010
Sorry Nathan, I battle with the british/dutch/south african and American Eglish. If you really want to get confused try Irish or scottish english, lol. But thanks for the little you did read.

Nope Paul is my BEST MATE in the Bible! I will NEver attack him and he certainly does not need my defence or protection, he has God for that.

T

Trax

Paul and his lie...
So Paul would lie about his holiness, to give ABUNDANCE to EMMANUAL! If Paul said that he did not attain perfection, he gives ALL he is to the Glory of the ONE that MADE him what he is.
You calling God a liar, not Paul. Paul was picked and he has to lie in his teachings? The whole point
contradicts itself. Paul, holiness like Jesus, lied, sooo, he isn't holy like Jesus. I think the problem is
your interpretation of it all.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I believe that man is as Holy as Jesus was in the flesh.
what can be said about this?
almost nothing left to say at all.

A

Abiding

Just one thing......WRONG!
The rest of the OP..WRONG!

T

Tintin

Cobus, just stop. Think. Do. Something else.

Dec 21, 2012

Holy – The first attribute of holy is....WITHOUT SIN! If God declares a man holy, how holy is this man? I believe as holy as God is holy. That means just like God, this man does not sin. It is as simple as that. If you do not agree you will not agree with this study. It would be best to leave it right now. I believe there is only two levels of holiness 0% and 100%.

As long as we are in this corruptible flesh, that call to holiness will always mean to remain holy as He has made us by how we conduct ourselves and our speech on earth, but because no man can tame the tongue, is why that call is being made to heed.

Colossians 3:[SUP]11 [/SUP]Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [SUP]13 [/SUP]Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

1 Peter 1:15But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

That is why we should watch what we say.

Ephesians 4:[SUP]29 [/SUP]Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. [SUP]30 [/SUP]And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. [SUP]31 [/SUP]Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: [SUP]32 [/SUP]And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

2 Peter 3:[SUP]10 [/SUP]But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [SUP]12 [/SUP]Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Since no man can tame the tongue... I look to Him to do His work in me.

John 6:[SUP]28 [/SUP]Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [SUP]29 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Philippians 1:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:.....[SUP]11 [/SUP]Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Psalm 19:[SUP]12 [/SUP]Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Filled with Holy Spirit – If God declares a man full of the Holy Spirit; I believe that man is as Holy as Jesus was in the flesh. I believe the Holy Spirit FILLING that man is the ONLY Spirit in that man, that is why God use the word FULL or FILLED. I also believe that God NEVER takes any of his gifts back. That is why the gift of the FULLNESS of the Holy Spirit will be in that man, ALL THE TIME. It is not like the man is one minute full of the Spirit and the next hour only 10% full of Holy Spirit and 90% some other spirit or spirits , and then 100% full again with Holy Spirit.
That is true. So all those that seek to fill themselves up with the Spirit again after a sign are departing from faith and allowing a thief to break through which is God's way of permitting a strong delusion for departing from faith when they had believed that lie... even the one where they seek the Holy Spirit to receive again after a sign of tongues that comes with no interpretation.

Those that are the elect that have been deceived, will hear and be recovered with His help to remain as the elect.

Even those that had their faith overthrown...God may be peradventuring to recover some from the snare of the devil to be a vessel unto honour in His House.

2 Timothy 2:[SUP]15 [/SUP]Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.[SUP]16 [/SUP]But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness......[SUP]24 [/SUP]And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, [SUP]25 [/SUP]In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; [SUP]26 [/SUP]And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Timothy 2:[SUP]18 [/SUP]Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. [SUP]20 [/SUP]But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. [SUP]21 [/SUP]If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

By His word, the elect will hear His voice to look to the author & finisher of our faith to help them depart from iniquity whereas the ones that will be left behind, are the ones that did not care to get ready for the Bridegroom before He comes.

E

eternally-gratefull

Cobus, just stop. Think. Do. Something else.

Aww Come on, be easy on the guy, he is trying to get brownie points. So God will let him into heaven..

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Cobus, give me a call when you have sinned, otherwise my time is a wastin.