PDA?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What are your feelings on PDA?

• I like to be creepy and enjoy watching makeouts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I enjoy kissing in full view of everyone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's slightly irritating

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • OMG knock it off already!

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
U

Ugly

Unfortunately, I think I'm so desensitized to it that it doesn't really affect me anymore. We see it all the time in movies and apparently in real life too, it's somewhat the norm these days (regardless of whether or not it ought to be this way).
Im nearly twice ur age and not desensitized to it.

T

Tintin

I'm not keen on seeing too much of it. Others have already mentioned their issues with PDA. I also have no issues with couples holding hands, hugging, kissing in public but the fish kissing and tonsil hockey is not on. If I were in a relationship, I'd have to be able to show some sign of affection in public but that probably wouldn't be anything beyond a warm hug and hand-holding. But some people just need to be exhibitionists.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
PDA is can be subjective.

Sometimes I see PDA and go "awww, how cute" and other times I'm like "whatever". I get annoyed when it's between some high school kids that are just experiencing the raging-hormone-high-school-crush that lasts for 3 months then they're off to splitsville. Seriously, those are just childish games. Also, they tend to take theirs to the extreme and are disrespectful with it i.e. turning a blind eye and deaf ear when you try to get their attention, inability to stay separated for even one second (having to occupy one seat on the bus)...Oh please!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, if they are married I don't see anything wrong with holding hands or a brief goodbye kiss in public, but reserve make out sessions for the bedroom, please.
If it's looking obscene then y'all have crossed the red line. Try not to make people around you feel uncomfortable.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Even worse than seeing it... is the sucking face sound.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
So I'm in the break room at work waiting to go in, and it's just me and another girl in there, "so we're alone" I said.

Ok just kidding. Seriously though this girls boyfriend works the shift before and he comes in and they start sucking face. Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable being around this? I have all these memories of friends of mine all making out and very nearly getting busy right in front of me. It's not that it makes me feel depressed and lonely, it's more like...get a room.

It's one thing if there's at least one other person there with me, but seriously, if it's just me, my friend and their girlfriend, and they start making out...helloooooo I'm alive.
I find it really annoying when people make out each other in front of me. Witnessing two people tongue wrestling is prolly the most uncomfortable situation. It's just wrong.Any intimate touching should be done in private, not in public for others witness.

Z

zaoman32

I'm kind of intrigued by the first option.

I reckon they'd stop if you started giving encouragement, maybe commentating, or offering advice.
"Excuse me, I'd hate to interrupt you guys, but you're doing it all wrong" lol
You guys just gave me the most genius idea ever...

I'm doing this the first chance I get.

Icicle

Jan 19, 2013
Im nearly twice ur age and not desensitized to it.
I think that is the point though. I grew up in a culture where it is closer to the norm. Look at the movie rating system for example.

A

arwen83

If/when you do, you will have to let us know how it goes :D

N

NukePooch

Seeing PDA actually makes me sick...I usually end up noisily leaving the room. Having said that, however...

...perhaps if I say something like "Yeah, that's nice...bite her earlobe, man, nibble like you mean it", then they'll noisily leave the room...

Z

zaoman32

"bite her! bite her! raaarrrrgh! your an animal!"

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
My last girlfriend and I broke up because we couldn't agree on how to show affection in public.

She wanted us to hold hands, and I wanted her to walk around with me sitting on top of her shoulders.

I guess some people just aren't compatible!!!

N

NukePooch

My last girlfriend and I broke up because we couldn't agree on how to show affection in public.

She wanted us to hold hands, and I wanted her to walk around with me sitting on top of her shoulders.

I guess some people just aren't compatible!!!
Reminds me of comedian Wendy Liebman...talking about her ex-husband, she said "...we were just too different. For instance, I'm a night person, and he didn't like me..."

V

violakat

I voted for the last two, because really, it depends on the PDA. As Jules said light pecks, hugging, and hand holding are one thing. Anything further, is a completely different story.