Peace Is the "Umpire"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Peace is our inheritance from Jesus, but we have to choose to follow Him daily. Colossians 3:15 teaches us that peace is to be the "umpire" in our lives, settling every issue that needs a decision. To gain and maintain peace in our hearts, we may have to learn to say no to a few things.

For example, if we don't feel peace about something, we should never go ahead and do it. And if we don't have peace while we are doing something, then we shouldn't expect to have peace after we have done it. Many people marry others they didn't have peace about marrying, and then they wonder why they don't have peace in their marriages. Many people buy expensive items they didn't have peace about buying, then continue to lose their peace every month when they have to make payments on them.

Colossians 3:15 says to let the peace from Christ "rule (act as umpire continually)" in our hearts. The presence of peace helps us decide and settle with finality all questions that arise in our minds. If you let the Word have its home in your heart and mind, it will give you insight and intelligence and wisdom (see v. 16).You won't have to wonder, Should I or shouldn't I? I don't know if it's right. I don't know what to do. If you are a disciple of Christ, He has called you to follow peace.

O

OFM

we need too be peace warriors allways.

S

shirley

THIS IS VERY TRUE IF YOUR NOT AT PEACE YOU CANT FOCUS ON THE REAL IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE ; SO MUCH IN THIS WORLD IS TO FIGHT INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON GOD AND LIVING FOR HIM AND TAKING THE BUSSINESS OUT OF OUR LIFE ; AND SOMETIMES TAKE A REST N PEACE GOD WANTS FOR US

J

jkalyna

:) I learned through how to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT 'S DIRECTIONS IF I DON'T SEE WHAT'S AHEAD OR AM NOT SURE OF A SITUATION, I DON'T FEEL PEACE ABOUT IT. I EVEN SOMETIMES HAVE A DREAM ABOUT IT WHERE I HAVE AWAKEN, AND SAY I DON'T FEEL GOOD ABOUT THIS AND THE DREAM EVEN WARNS ME. THERE WAS AN INSTANCE WITH A CAR MECHANIC, THAT I THOUGHT WAS TRUSTFULL. MORE THAN ONCE, HE TRIED TO OVER CHARGE ME A LOT OF MONEY. I WAS PLANNING ON GOING BACK TO HIM, TWICE AND THE DREAM, AND THEN NOT HAVING PEACE ABOUT THIS, TURNED OUT HE WAS TRYING TO SWINDLE ME LEFT AND RIGHT. THE PERSON I WENT TO, CHARGED ME ABOUT 90 DOLLARS LESS FOR THE SAME JOB. NO PEACE, IS A WARNING. :)