People who chat too much here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rainacorn

If you think the OP was talking about you, it might be time to take an objective look at yourself.

Even if a bit of honest soul searching results in you feeling assured that you are NOT addicted to the chatrooms, it could still be beneficial. Good to figure out why you felt accused by the statement.

R

redemption

I've been recovered from 10 hour a day Online Role Playing Game addiction for 3 years now. The planks been removed..Any other questions?
AWESOME! This is what I was getting at. I'm not being critical, I'm just saying how we word our posts can get peoples backs up, just like I got your back up with my post. Pot calling the kettle black I am. Anyway if someone knows you've been through the same thing they know you to be an authority as opposed to a righteous judger and they know you to be someone with whom they can seek council on how to effectively deal with this. Bless your heart as I'm certain many need to hear what you have to say.

B

Bjorn_Gelotte

That's right...as long as it doesn't interfere with your responsibilities. All Christians have the responsibility of applying the word to life. Be IN it but not of it. Sheltering oneself in a safe chat zone does not meet this requirement. To me this should be an every so often chance to talk about our Lord and Savior at the times of day when you just aren't going to find a real world Bible study. There is NO substitute for real time ministry. I am calling anyone who is addicted or here overmuch for the wrong reasons out :D
Matthew 5:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Exodus 20:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Websters definition of idolatry-: immoderate attachment or devotion to something, Chat addiction is immoderate attachment ---

1 Corinthians 10:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

J

Jordache

I agree with the original poster. It's dangerous to spend too much time on here for many reasons. In no way am I judging people because I struggling with many of these things also. I have taken my own breaks from online Christian communities.
1. It can distract us from dealing with our own brokeness.
2. It can lead to judgement and criticism. I don't have much time so I won't quote the verse perfectly, but proverbs says when you talk too much trouble can come of it.
3. Many people are so caught up in their cyber lives that they don't connect with the people they really should be. We become absorbed. Online communities are great but they shouldn't replace a live person who sits next to you in church. Those people are the ones who know you best and should be te ones you look to for most of your guidance.
4. We become anti-social. We forget how to have real friends.

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I sort of need to pop in & read from my fellow Christians. I learn a little every time I visit. So I average 20 posts per day & my visits last betweens 15minutes to 2 hours if I find a good read. :)

We all influence & help each other grow. If you see someone troubled as a Christian on a Christian site why not approach them? I'm sure it won't hurt.

God bless in Christ you're all very sweet people.

Oct 7, 2011
Brother Raincoat. To some it sure could be a sin!! I agree, it sure depends what they come on here for! But I was not speaking to those who are looking for a date,or in the lounge area,I was speaking to those of us, who care about the Lord,and how he can help others in the bible Study room,or prayer room so I should have been more clear.thanks for the reminder." God sends who he knows,and he knows who he sends."

Those in the lounge don't care about the Lord? That's a mighty sweeping generalization, my friend.

N

NinJaGGS

I'm trying my best in my life to let go of my ideas of what others should and shouldn't be doing. I know addiction is a horrible thing, but God himself helps and guides. God is very present in all of our lives so I'm not going to worry about it. It's up to other people besides me when to say enough is enough. I say enough is enough with my own passions and that is enough.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Kumbaya, my Lord... :D

B

Brighthouse

Sorry Bridget if you got offended,it was not my purpose to do that.I sure meant in general. This of course never pertains to all who go there!!

M

Moe

Proverbs 16:27 Idle hands are the devil's workshop; idle lips are his mouthpiece.
This post is not directed to any handicapped or elderly people. I have seen many a person chat in this program for hours on end, even up to I would guess 6+ hours a day. Coming here can be wonderful and edifying but at that rate of visitation when do these people experience the time for application of the word in life. I know its nice to get hits for the site and it increases its value, but addiction is addiction and it is never a good thing.

I agree, six hours a day is a little to much. My questions is, how much time do they spend in God's word? Chatting on the net is not making anybody a better Christian, it's nice to fellowship but sometimes we tend to over do it. How many hours a week does one spend in church and really doing God's work is the question. As a minister, I am not here to judge anyone, however, a little food for thought can be good. Cheers

O

OFM

the lounge room christians are true christians too i learn much from chat and post we all need our ouw prayer and bible reading time of course.

B

Bjorn_Gelotte

The best way I can sum up the Lounge is it being like a Secular Chat room where people have to abide by a Christian End User License Agreement. Many people don't want the hassle of the liberties people can take in a chat room without rules. I see sensitive people in here who come in here a lot but hardly ever talk about Christ. They are lonely and desire companionship but do not want to resort to a whole sale secular chat room. I don't like Creepers(Oh how I hate that word) yet I'm not interested in discussing Christ. Something wrong with this picture. If we are like minded why aren't the people discussing at least a "little'' ..that which makes us like minded...Jesus Christ....Not what our favorite color of food is 24/7!

W

wwjd_kilden

Best way to get people started on a topic is bringing it up yourself ;)

R

rus_lady

become an example and stop judging others ... do u know what those ppl tht goes in the main chat has in thier hearts , huh ? well, i bet u dont ...

B

Bjorn_Gelotte

Is there a way for someone who posts a thread to allow what is posted in that thread to stay or not. Some people respond completely with their emotions and end up saying things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original post. Any mods help me out with this question?

W

wwjd_kilden

this is a public forum, people are free to reply just like people are free to start threads. People will get off topic, that is human nature. But before you ask a moderator to remove something, ask yourself if you ask because it is irrelevant, or because it is simply someone disagreeing with you.

Any post can be reported, look at the buttons upper right corner.

V

violakat

I find that sites like this, can start taking over my life, if I'm not careful. Especially if I'm on here just to kill time. If you feel like God is telling you to get off, then get off. If you notice that you spend more time on sites like CC or Facebook, then you do in the real world, take a break.

R

redemption

hugs Bjorn. I actually use the catholic lent time to go off of facebook (no I'm not catholic but think giving up something for God for 40 days is actually a good exercise, and of course replacing it with something that glorifies God). Dont worry about the backlash, if its true to the individual the holy spirit will minister the truth of your words to their heart.

Many of my closest friendships online started in controversy, with the people who didnt say what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear.

God bless you, dont let em bring ya down brother :) (dont let me bring ya down either!!! )

B

Bjorn_Gelotte

What does the original post have to do with judging people. It was a question? How can you judge anyone in the interrogative...the most you can do in that vein is suggest or suppose. Every person convicted of chatting too much always does a v-line for the judging word or the plank in my own eye. Blah blah blah...its ignorant and I'm sick of it...just being honest.

W

wwjd_kilden

you asked if you could remove posts not relating to the original question, but that would also enable you to remove any post you wish, I was merely pointing out that that would enable you to censor meanings that did not support your own.

again, if you feel anyone is attacking you you have the right to report them