Perfect Romance... or not quite

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

I agree, Karla. Leah may have felt forced into the situation by her dad, but I definitely feel for Rachel. Sharing your man is most def uncool. :)

Feb 10, 2008
I dunno, seemed like Leah must have felt like Jacob was hers, fair and square.

Genesis 30:15 But she said to her, “Wasn’t it enough that you took away my husband? Will you take my son’s mandrakes too?”

Out of all of this, I am rather shocked by how underhanded all parties involved were. Jacob tricked Laban into giving him all of his livestock. Rachel stole and hid Laban's gods. And Laban tricked Jacob into serving him for nearly 3x the original time. And yet inspite of all of this, God made Jacob Israel. I still don't think Jacob's actions regarding Rachel were something to aspire to, giving anyone or anything other than God that much importance seems foolish, and probably sinful. The situation with Rachel and Leah and Jacob is complicated and why God did things the way He did is wide open for speculation. In the end, I don't see anything redeeming in it. Starting from a physical desire, turning into near idolatry, deceit, and ending with jealousy. :S Seems like plenty of sin to go around there.