Perils in Perilous Times - By Pastor Charles Lawson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Perils in Perilous Times

By Pastor Charles Lawson

[video=youtube;2ZnILKQmk7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnILKQmk7M[/video]​

May 24, 2013
Rev 13:18

Title of Pope = Vicar of the Son of God.

Latin translation = Vicarius Filii Dei

Using the Roman numeric system:

V=5 F=0 D=500
i= 1 i = 1 E= 0
c=100 L =50 i =1
a =0 i = 1
r = 0 i = 1
i = 1
u = 5
s = 0
------- ------- -------
112 + 53 + 501 = 666

May 24, 2013
The Mark of the Beast concerns the law of God (10 commandments). All should read dueteronmy 6:8 and compare with Revelation 13:16

R

RachelBibleStudent

Rev 13:18

Title of Pope = Vicar of the Son of God.

Latin translation = Vicarius Filii Dei

Using the Roman numeric system:

V=5 F=0 D=500
i= 1 i = 1 E= 0
c=100 L =50 i =1
a =0 i = 1
r = 0 i = 1
i = 1
u = 5
s = 0
------- ------- -------
112 + 53 + 501 = 666
ELLEN GOULD WHITE

E = 0
L = 50
L = 50
E = 0
N = 0
50 + 50 = 100

G = 0
O = 0
U = V = 5
L = 50
D = 500
5 + 50 + 500 = 555

W = VV = 5 + 5 = 10
H = 0
I = 1
T = 0
E = 0
10 + 1 = 11

100 + 555 + 11 = 666

May 24, 2013
ELLEN GOULD WHITE

E = 0
L = 50
L = 50
E = 0
N = 0
50 + 50 = 100

G = 0
O = 0
U = V = 5
L = 50
D = 500
5 + 50 + 500 = 555

W = VV = 5 + 5 = 10
H = 0
I = 1
T = 0
E = 0
10 + 1 = 11

100 + 555 + 11 = 666
How silly. Only 7 letters are used for roman numeric values and "w" isn't one of them. And changing it to equal two VVs was very manipulative and told much of your character.

Tell me,, does Ellen White match these 9 points of identification that God gave us in Daniel chapter 7?

A. The "little horn" or kingdom "came up among them"- the 10 horns which were the kingdoms of Western Europe (Daniel 7:8). So it would be a little kingdom somewhere in Western Europe.

B. It would have a man at it's head who would speak for it (Daniel 7:8) Sound like ellen?

C. It would pluck up or uproot 3 kingdoms. (Daniel 7:8) (Heruli, ostrogoths, vandals)

D. It would be "diverse" or different from the other kingdoms. (Daniel 7:24)

e. It would make war with and "wear out" or persecute the Saints. Daniel (7:21,25)

F. It would emerge from the pagan Roamn empire- the fourth world kingdom (Daniel 7:7,8)

g. Gods people (the saints) would "be given into his hand" for a time and times and the dividing of time." (Daniel 7:25)

h. It would "speak great words against" or Blaspheme God. (Daniel 7:25) In Revelation 13:5 the Bible says the same power speaks "great things and blasphemies."

i. It would "think to change times and laws." (Daniel 7;25)

These points can only fit one power,,, the Papacy! And if you like i shall also touch on these nine points:

A. The geographical location of the papal power was in Rome, Italy, which is the very heart of Western europe.

B The papacy meets this identifying mark because it has a man at it's head,,, the pope!

c. Three arian kingdoms did not support the papacy. They were subdued and destroyed. I named them above. see letter c.

d. The papacy was clearly different from the other 10 kingdoms. a huge religious power.

e. The church did persecute, that is a well known fact. Historians claim millions were killed over matters of religious conviction.

f. we see the bishop of rome is in charge

g.. well, there are several things i would need to clarify in making this point. If you absolutely need me to discuss it,, I will

h.. Blasphemy has 2 definitions in scripture,, 1,, claiming to forgive sins. 2. claiming to be God.

i. The church of Rome has changed the commandments of God. They have torn out the 2nd commandment, changed the 4th and split the 10th into two separate commands.( They did that because after they tore out the 2nd commandment, they were left with only nine.) They changed the Sabbath from the 7th Day to the 1st as a MARK of her universal power.

Does that really sound like Ellen White to you?

R

RachelBibleStudent

How silly. Only 7 letters are used for roman numeric values and "w" isn't one of them. And changing it to equal two VVs was very manipulative and told much of your character.

Tell me,, does Ellen White match these 9 points of identification that God gave us in Daniel chapter 7?

A. The "little horn" or kingdom "came up among them"- the 10 horns which were the kingdoms of Western Europe (Daniel 7:8). So it would be a little kingdom somewhere in Western Europe.

B. It would have a man at it's head who would speak for it (Daniel 7:8) Sound like ellen?

C. It would pluck up or uproot 3 kingdoms. (Daniel 7:8) (Heruli, ostrogoths, vandals)

D. It would be "diverse" or different from the other kingdoms. (Daniel 7:24)

e. It would make war with and "wear out" or persecute the Saints. Daniel (7:21,25)

F. It would emerge from the pagan Roamn empire- the fourth world kingdom (Daniel 7:7,8)

g. Gods people (the saints) would "be given into his hand" for a time and times and the dividing of time." (Daniel 7:25)

h. It would "speak great words against" or Blaspheme God. (Daniel 7:25) In Revelation 13:5 the Bible says the same power speaks "great things and blasphemies."

i. It would "think to change times and laws." (Daniel 7;25)

These points can only fit one power,,, the Papacy! And if you like i shall also touch on these nine points:

A. The geographical location of the papal power was in Rome, Italy, which is the very heart of Western europe.

B The papacy meets this identifying mark because it has a man at it's head,,, the pope!

c. Three arian kingdoms did not support the papacy. They were subdued and destroyed. I named them above. see letter c.

d. The papacy was clearly different from the other 10 kingdoms. a huge religious power.

e. The church did persecute, that is a well known fact. Historians claim millions were killed over matters of religious conviction.

f. we see the bishop of rome is in charge

g.. well, there are several things i would need to clarify in making this point. If you absolutely need me to discuss it,, I will

h.. Blasphemy has 2 definitions in scripture,, 1,, claiming to forgive sins. 2. claiming to be God.

i. The church of Rome has changed the commandments of God. They have torn out the 2nd commandment, changed the 4th and split the 10th into two separate commands.( They did that because after they tore out the 2nd commandment, they were left with only nine.) They changed the Sabbath from the 7th Day to the 1st as a MARK of her universal power.

Does that really sound like Ellen White to you?
my point was not to show that ellen white's name is the mark of the beast...i only chose ellen white's name because the result is wonderfully ironic...

the point was that your particular method of calculating from latin numerals does not produce a unique result...in other words your method is invalid...

and actually my substitution of two Vs for the W was a valid convention in writing latin...a pair of Vs was used in latin for the germanic W sound because latin had no W sound...why do you think most of the latin derived languages call the letter a 'double U' or a 'double V'?

V

Vestarena

my point was not to show that ellen white's name is the mark of the beast...i only chose ellen white's name because the result is wonderfully ironic...

the point was that your particular method of calculating from latin numerals does not produce a unique result...in other words your method is invalid...

and actually my substitution of two Vs for the W was a valid convention in writing latin...a pair of Vs was used in latin for the germanic W sound because latin had no W sound...why do you think most of the latin derived languages call the letter a 'double U' or a 'double V'?
Well I think Michael50's point (since you obviously missed it) is that the papacy fits ALL the qualifications listed in Daniel + the 666 thing, not just the one.

R

RachelBibleStudent

Well I think Michael50's point (since you obviously missed it) is that the papacy fits ALL the qualifications listed in Daniel + the 666 thing, not just the one.
that wasn't evident from what he had originally posted...the post i was responding to...