Personal goals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hellooo

5 years ago, what did you want to have accomplished by today? Are you doing that now, or have your goals significantly changed?

What do you want to be doing, or accomplish 5 years from today? Are you currently working towards that?

Your response can involve anything you'd like, career, family, physical goals, spiritual goals, etc, etc...I just like seeing what's important to people :)

Z

zaoman32

I always have wanted to write a book, I've had the same story ideas for several years now. I can actually take more time to work on it now, so cross your fingers.

H

Hellooo

I always have wanted to write a book, I've had the same story ideas for several years now. I can actually take more time to work on it now, so cross your fingers.
Neat...crossed fingers and prayers your way. Ill have to download your book on my kindle when you get published

Z

zaoman32

Neat...crossed fingers and prayers your way. Ill have to download your book on my kindle when you get published
Don't get too excited, I plan on charging an outrageous amount for it.

J

Jullianna

5 years ago I wanted to begin a new life. I didn't want to be stuck in a life with a huge part missing. My life is completely different now, filled with many new faces and voices, and opportunities I never imagined. The hole is still there and probably always will be to some extent, but I'm finding new hope and have never lost my joy.

My goal 5 years from now will be pretty much the same as it has always been - to make a compassionate impact in the lives of others.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
5 years ago I was 18 and an idiot.

5 years from now I would love to have finished a PHD and be working, either as an academic or in Government. (probably academic) :)

error

Oct 23, 2009
I already mentioned some of my goals -in my thread.

But- i'd like to learn how to play -guitar. I have my guitar -i believe for 5 or 6 years now- and it just sits in the corner.

A

anonymous04

Hey mine 2 haha...but only for a year :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Don't get too excited, I plan on charging an outrageous amount for it.
I guess my goal is to save for 5 years... so that I can afford a copy of Zaoman's book. (I'm expecting the cover will be in gold leaf or something!) ;)

Z

zaoman32

I guess my goal is to save for 5 years... so that I can afford a copy of Zaoman's book. (I'm expecting the cover will be in gold leaf or something!) ;)

Paperback copies will be 50 bucks, digi copies will be cheaper 49.95. Hardcovers will be 100, the cover will be cardboard, but really nice cardboard.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Paperback copies will be 50 bucks, digi copies will be cheaper 49.95. Hardcovers will be 100, the cover will be cardboard, but really nice cardboard.
Hopefully it's the kind of cardboard you could use to build a house.

Ironic, since I was actually found in a cardboard box before I was adopted. :) Sorry to derail the thread a bit...

These days I'm having a hard time thinking five years in advance (maybe one of my goals shouldl be to not be so scatterbrained ;)) but I had to poke a little fun at Zao since he has such a great sense of humor. :)

A

anonymous04

It's not fair that you do that to me :(.....

H

Hellooo

5 years ago I was 18 and an idiot.

5 years from now I would love to have finished a PHD and be working, either as an academic or in Government. (probably academic) :)
Its funny that you say that...its nice to see the wide eyed enthusiasm and zeal for life at 18, even when you make some reckless decisions..I'm sure you're wiser because of it, heh.

Phd is ambitious...good for you! What do you study?

H

Hellooo

I already mentioned some of my goals -in my thread.

But- i'd like to learn how to play -guitar. I have my guitar -i believe for 5 or 6 years now- and it just sits in the corner.
Oops, I missed your thread, didn't mean to duplicate it. Kudos to you on guitar though, I gave up on it. I like classical piano myself.

Lol, ill wait for the free library digi version...I'm thrifty like that.

Hopefully it's the kind of cardboard you could use to build a house.

Ironic, since I was actually found in a cardboard box before I was adopted. :) Sorry to derail the thread a bit...

These days I'm having a hard time thinking five years in advance (maybe one of my goals shouldl be to not be so scatterbrained ;)) but I had to poke a little fun at Zao since he has such a great sense of humor. :)
I'm glad you were found so someone could keep Zao in check :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I'm glad you were found so someone could keep Zao in check :)
It's proving to a be a tough job, but someone has to do it! :D I guess I'm making it one of my personal goals. :)

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Its funny that you say that...its nice to see the wide eyed enthusiasm and zeal for life at 18, even when you make some reckless decisions..I'm sure you're wiser because of it, heh.

Phd is ambitious...good for you! What do you study?
Yes I know... the reality of life kind of just sets in after a while. That and the realisation of how messed up this world is. Oh to be 18 and innocent. lol

I study History, currently studying Australian and Indonesian foreign relations specifically, a lot of it in regards to East Timor.