pesach = Passover not Easter = Aster = Ishtar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WheresEnoch

Ok let me make sure I didn't misunderstand you. your saying that because we call it easter we are going into the lake of fire?
Don't call easter passover. God already told us how we should observe passover and it has nothing to do with other Gods, fertility, candy etc.

W

WheresEnoch

Passover was superseded by the cross and resurrection. That is why we celebrate Good Friday and Resurrection Day. We no longer celebrate our deliverance from Egypt. We were not delivered from Egypt. We celebrate our deliverance from sin and final death.
We are celebrating our deliverance.
Deliverance of Israel from bondage in Egypt.
Our deliverance from bondage to sin and death.
That is Passover, observed at a particular time and in a particular way. There is nothing of God in easter

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Originally Posted by valiant Passover was superseded by the cross and resurrection. That is why we celebrate Good Friday and Resurrection Day. We no longer celebrate our deliverance from Egypt. We were not delivered from Egypt. We celebrate our deliverance from sin and final death.
We are celebrating our deliverance.
Deliverance of Israel from bondage in Egypt.
Our deliverance from bondage to sin and death.
That is Passover, observed at a particular time and in a particular way. There is nothing of God in easter
Passover celebrates death, and deliverance from death, not resurrection. Besides we do not know how New Testament Jews celebrated Passover. We only know of later Jewish customs. So don't try that one on.

What we do know is that our LORD introduced a new feast which enables us to participate in His death and confirm our part in His new covenant, and told us to participate in it whenever we drank wine. I wonder whether you do that?.

How do you know how God views Easter? You are simply saying how YOU view Easter, which isn't really very important.

My view is that God's heart was thrilled as hundreds of millions around the world celebrated the resurrection of His Son.

I don't think He cares a jot about eggs and bunnies and buns which are just seen as a bit of fun for the children. But I DO think that He is grieved by the judgmental attitude revealed on here against His sons.

W

WheresEnoch

Passover celebrates death, and deliverance from death, not resurrection. Besides we do not know how New Testament Jews celebrated Passover. We only know of later Jewish customs. So don't try that one on.

What we do know is that our LORD introduced a new feast which enables us to participate in His death and confirm our part in His new covenant, and told us to participate in it whenever we drank wine. I wonder whether you do that?.

How do you know how God views Easter? You are simply saying how YOU view Easter, which isn't really very important.

My view is that God's heart was thrilled as hundreds of millions around the world celebrated the resurrection of His Son.

I don't think He cares a jot about eggs and bunnies and buns which are just seen as a bit of fun for the children. But I DO think that He is grieved by the judgmental attitude revealed on here against His sons.
If you want to celebrate easter or whatever then have been given the ability by God to do so but I think it is wrong and will not endorse it.

I know how God views Easter because I have read what He said and did to those who dabbled in paganism. The exact same paganism, with the exact same pagan deities Baal, Astoreth etc that God killed the Hebrews over are the same pagan deities behind Easter and Christmas and Halloween.

Pretty sure the Hebrews thought it was no big deal either. All in fun, just a little mixing of terms and practices. The kids enjoy it etc

Acts 15
abstain from the things polluted by idols

​To me, food placed in eggs for a pagan ritual is food polluted by idols. the eggs are polluted by idols, the name easter is polluted by idols, the costumes that the priests wear who love easter are polluted by idols and on and on. no thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
There is no new feast for the death burial and resurrection of Christ, that's what the feast of Passover is. Christ is the Passover Lamb, the inerrant word of God is the unleavened bread we eat for 7 days. 7 days is the number of days it takes to bring down the walls of Jericho... 7 days is the time period of the New Testament.

Nothing has changed except the shadow was fulfilled and Christians call it Easter instead of Passover... just like everything that God brings to completeness, it gets a new name.

Trust me just-me if God didn't want Passover to be called Easter, then it wouldn't be called Easter today.
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: note (Compare)

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Christ is our Passover accept it , the Passover in exodus was the foreshadow but when Christ was slain He took place and established our passover

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
It's different when you follow traditions of man instead of institutions emplaced by God .What it comes down to is do you love God enough to be diligent to the Word of His glory , or do you not love Him enough to be rebellious