Peter's Vision - Kill & Eat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
I'm not sure about all the details regarding the vision, but if the animals were considered unclean and the voice told Peter to kill and eat the implication to me would be that it's ok for him to eat these animals now. It would go to show that we are not under the law anymore if I'm correct about the vision including unclean animals.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Right, so why couldn't you have emphasized that before? Despite Peter's faults, I really loved that he totally submitted to the Lord and let the Holy Spirit work in him. His growth and how God changed him gave me so much hope when I was learning how to submit to God. Because before that, I was struggling to obey God, not having yet learned to submit to the Holy Spirit. So I'm reading about Peter in the Bible and was greatly encouraged and comforted that Peter did change into wonderful Christlikeness. His story helped me not to give up, but to keep learning from God. Peter is my big brother in Christ and I love that he set an example for us!

🏄🏻‍♀️
you are exaggerating this

The discussion I was having was to show that the Jewish [and amillennial] view of eschatology is different to Paul's and that Paul was correct. Peter got mixed up in all that.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It's not my problem that you won't repent and continue to hold Peter's repented sin over him. You act like you'll never meet him and not have to give account for how you put him in a bad light just so you can virtue signal.

🏄🏻‍♀️
Based upon the below Scripture, please forgive me.

NLT - "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere."

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
It's not my problem that you won't repent and continue to hold Peter's repented sin over him. You act like you'll never meet him and not have to give account for how you put him in a bad light just so you can virtue signal.

🏄🏻‍♀️
Listen kid, no one is holding Peter's sin over him. What a foolish thing to say. :/

What IS interesting is that God chose the man who was vehemently racist against the gentiles to open the message of reconciliation to them. Isn't that something?! That God chose Peter to be the instrument of the gospel of reconciliation to the Gentiles at the same time he was racist against the Gentiles! The correct response is "Hallelujah!" not some half-brained diatribe against recognizing Peter's weakness.

Next time, just ask more questions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's not, because racism has a specific meaning, and Peter's actions fit the definition of racism. That his racism was based on scripture or that you or I might have done the same is beside the matter.
So which Race was Peter targeting? There were many among the Gentiles.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
So which Race was Peter targeting? There were many among the Gentiles.
Which race does the KKK target? I'm not saying the racism is the same as the KKK (Peter's was clearly scriptural for his time, as you stated). But the KKK is pretty much racist against anyone not Caucasion, no? Peter was similarly acting racist against anyone not Jewish. Unless your argument is that his discrimination was based on religion, but then wasn't he using race to presume?

Probably the negative connotations associated with the words for racism and sexism for our time make them poor descriptors for the practices in bible times. But I'm not sure if the English language has other words that have a neutral or positive connotations.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
you are exaggerating this

The discussion I was having was to show that the Jewish [and amillennial] view of eschatology is different to Paul's and that Paul was correct. Peter got mixed up in all that.
Listen kid, no one is holding Peter's sin over him. What a foolish thing to say. :/

What IS interesting is that God chose the man who was vehemently racist against the gentiles to open the message of reconciliation to them. Isn't that something?! That God chose Peter to be the instrument of the gospel of reconciliation to the Gentiles at the same time he was racist against the Gentiles! The correct response is "Hallelujah!" not some half-brained diatribe against recognizing Peter's weakness.

Next time, just ask more questions.

Oh please. :rolleyes: If I hadn't opposed the things you posted, neither of you wouldn't have clarified your position. So I'm glad did!

👩‍🚀

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Oh please. :rolleyes: If I hadn't opposed the things you posted, neither of you wouldn't have clarified your position. So I'm glad did!

👩‍🚀
I once had a pretty young Chinese girl saved using Peter, she had expressed how she longed to have a pure heart, I showed her Peter,
"Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we being dead unto sin might live unto righteousness"

She snatched my poor bible from me and glared almost fiercely down at the scripture I had indicated trying to understand, I said "it says you can have a pure heart today before you leave this park" her young face showed the struggle she was having [people say Chinese are inscrutable] I was crying inwardly for wisdom.

I pointed dramatically to a nearby tree and cried "Look there He is, hanging by nails, He's bearing your sins"

What a wonder it is when revelation comes, there was a massive intake of breath and her hands went to her face, it was as though she could indeed see the Lord there. She bowed from the waist to pray thanks to the Lord that He would take away her sins and give her a new pure heart. She became radiant with joy.

I love Peter, but you will say I am just exalting myself.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I once had a pretty young Chinese girl saved using Peter, she had expressed how she longed to have a pure heart, I showed her Peter,
"Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we being dead unto sin might live unto righteousness"

She snatched my poor bible from me and glared almost fiercely down at the scripture I had indicated trying to understand, I said "it says you can have a pure heart today before you leave this park" her young face showed the struggle she was having [people say Chinese are inscrutable] I was crying inwardly for wisdom.

I pointed dramatically to a nearby tree and cried "Look there He is, hanging by nails, He's bearing your sins"

What a wonder it is when revelation comes, there was a massive intake of breath and her hands went to her face, it was as though she could indeed see the Lord there. She bowed from the waist to pray thanks to the Lord that He would take away her sins and give her a new pure heart. She became radiant with joy.

I love Peter, but you will say I am just exalting myself.

Oh brother. :rolleyes: That's not what you were doing before.

👩‍🚀

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Oh brother. :rolleyes: That's not what you were doing before.

👩‍🚀
look Peter would have us to look at his mistake, Paul said it was hypocrisy. There is no personal element in it. It was a flesh decision and all flesh is bad. I got flesh and it's bad.

If you think about it Peter could not have submitted immediately because Barnabas and John Mark joined the argument and Paul would not have felt it necessary to call for the first ever conference of all the prophets and apostles in Jerusalem to discuss the matter. It was huge.

And ever afterwards Paul's ministry was dogged by "apostles" coming down from Jerusalem following him around preaching to the Gentiles circumcision and keeping the law in order to be saved.

At the end of Paul's ministry he mourned that all Asia had turned away from him.

The teaching is still alive and vibrant in the church today "we must obey the commandments to be saved" it's a crippler. It's like a chock at the wheels of evangelism.

If you ask me what the strength of promiscuity is and the scourge of Homosexuality etc I say it's preachers preaching against it, threatening brimstone and hellfire against all such. Preaching Moses and the 10 commandments instead of Christ.

So this is big and it's very relevant for us today.