Pew Research Center Poll Says Christians Accepting Homosexualith..........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If there really is a culture war raging between social liberals and conservatives, polling data indicates the liberals have won one battle so thoroughly they're making inroads into enemy territory.
A new Pew Research Center survey suggests that growing numbers of Christians have come around on homosexuality, with a full 54% of all Christians agreeing that "homosexuality should be accepted, rather than discouraged, by society."
"While this is still considerably lower than the shares of religiously unaffiliated people (83%) and members of non-Christian faiths (76%) who say the same, the Christian figure has increased by 10 percentage points since we conducted a similar study in 2007," Pew writes.
According to Pew's data, the percentage of Christians who accept homosexuality has grown in virtually all denominations, with just evangelical Protestants, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses remaining opposed.

Well, at least some of us are still opposed to the lifestyle..........hate the sin, love the sinner..........do not teach this lifestyle is acceptable to God...........(my thoughts)

View gallery

Last edited:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Romanss 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
A Christian is one who among other things believes the Bible. I don't know who they are polling who call themselves Christian.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
A Christian is one who among other things believes the Bible. I don't know who they are polling who call themselves Christian.
Since a large number of "christians" belong to denominations that have all but eradicated the biblical opposition to homosexuality this poll is not at all surprising. With increasing numbers of denominations removing the prohibition on openly gay clergy and allowing their clergy to perform homosexual weddings we can expect to see this trend continue.

R

RachelBibleStudent

when polls like this one come out it should be pointed out that many who profess to be christians these days do not really adhere to the teachings of christ...it should not be surprising that when a survey lumps heretics in with christians then the survey will show a majority approving of sins such as homosexuality...

to get any really meaningful information on where christians as most of us understand the term actually stand...you basically have to look at how the 'evangelical' subset polls...

Dec 19, 2009
If there really is a culture war raging between social liberals and conservatives, polling data indicates the liberals have won one battle so thoroughly they're making inroads into enemy territory.
A new Pew Research Center survey suggests that growing numbers of Christians have come around on homosexuality, with a full 54% of all Christians agreeing that "homosexuality should be accepted, rather than discouraged, by society."
"While this is still considerably lower than the shares of religiously unaffiliated people (83%) and members of non-Christian faiths (76%) who say the same, the Christian figure has increased by 10 percentage points since we conducted a similar study in 2007," Pew writes.
According to Pew's data, the percentage of Christians who accept homosexuality has grown in virtually all denominations, with just evangelical Protestants, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses remaining opposed.

Well, at least some of us are still opposed to the lifestyle..........hate the sin, love the sinner..........do not teach this lifestyle is acceptable to God...........(my thoughts)

View gallery

The Lord couldn’t have made it more clear:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Lev 18:22 RSV

3Scoreand10

The word "Christian" has become so corrupted by the world that I no longer use it to identify born again believers.

D

dalconn

I can assure you that those who approve of homosexuality may have gotten their conviction from the spirit but it wasn't the Holy Spirit

Oct 16, 2015
A few days before my mother passed, I sat in her hospital room and watched The Ten Commandments with her. I've enjoyed watching it many times since. I tried to imagine myself among the people who were freed from bondage and left Egypt with Moses. Think of all they witnessed. The judgments. The parting of the Red Sea. And what did they do not long after Moses went to receive the Ten Commandments? They made an idol to worship, and took part in all manner of sexual perversions. I do not find it at all shocking that even the elect have been seduced by modern life and lifestyles. They have met homosexuals they like, so it seems fair that they chose not to be critical of the sinful behavior. I expect other polls to begin showing that people of faith are increasingly supporting a woman's right to murder her unborn child. After all, there is going to be a valid and visible reason why Christ chooses to return when he does.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

View gallery

This is extremely hard to believe mainly because I don't want to believe it. 54%? if this is true then we as Christians are in trouble

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The word "Christian" has become so corrupted by the world that I no longer use it to identify born again believers.
I'm not gonna lie I love my brothers and sisters in Christ but there was a time when the word Christian left a sour taste in mouth, as a Christian seeing how so many claim to be Christians yet show only fruits of judgment pride arrogance hypocrisy and the I am right you are wrong attitude the word Christian was not pleasant to me.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Lev 18:22 RSV
But that's part of the law... and as many have firmly held here, under grace we can thumb our noses at the law.

(I'm not agreeing, just sayin')

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
A few days before my mother passed, I sat in her hospital room and watched The Ten Commandments with her. I've enjoyed watching it many times since. I tried to imagine myself among the people who were freed from bondage and left Egypt with Moses. Think of all they witnessed. The judgments. The parting of the Red Sea. And what did they do not long after Moses went to receive the Ten Commandments? They made an idol to worship, and took part in all manner of sexual perversions. I do not find it at all shocking that even the elect have been seduced by modern life and lifestyles. They have met homosexuals they like, so it seems fair that they chose not to be critical of the sinful behavior. I expect other polls to begin showing that people of faith are increasingly supporting a woman's right to murder her unborn child. After all, there is going to be a valid and visible reason why Christ chooses to return when he does.
I still find it hard to believe that a truly born again person who's nature has been changed would have an ongoing clear conscience approving of homosexuality and abortion.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But that's part of the law... and as many have firmly held here, under grace we can thumb our noses at the law.

(I'm not agreeing, just sayin')
no one ever said the moral law has changed...oh, maybe some, now that I think of it :p

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I mean I dont think its biblically right but if its what you want to do, then go for it. Its your choice and your consequences. It doesnt hurt me.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Non-believers want us to rely on the Old Testament/Law of Moses to battle this issue............better that we simply read from the 1st Chapter of Romans as it is a solid part of the New Testament Grace........... :)