Philadelphia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JLHillsSr

Rev 3:7 KJV - And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 KJV - I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 KJV - Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10 KJV - Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 KJV - Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 3:12 KJV - Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.
Rev 3:13 KJV - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

J

JLHillsSr

Rev 3:7 KJV - And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 KJV - I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 KJV - Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10 KJV - Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 KJV - Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 3:12 KJV - Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.
Rev 3:13 KJV - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
The reason for posting these verses, is to point out that of the seven churches, this is the only one that has no negativity.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Good point OP. And that is about right in today's world: probably 1 of every 7 churches (and I am being generous) teach sound, true doctrine.

C

cfultz3

What are people's thoughts on
Rev 3:10 KJV - .....word of my patience.....

J

JLHillsSr

2Th 3:5 KJV - And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Rom 2:7 KJV - To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 KJV - But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 KJV - Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 KJV - But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 KJV - For there is no respect of persons with God.
2Cr 1:5 KJV - For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
2Cr 1:6 KJV - And whether we be afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation.
2Cr 1:7 KJV - And our hope of you [is] stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so [shall ye be] also of the consolation.

C

cfultz3

2Th 3:5 KJV - And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Rom 2:7 KJV - To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 KJV - But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 KJV - Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 KJV - But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 KJV - For there is no respect of persons with God.
2Cr 1:5 KJV - For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
2Cr 1:6 KJV - And whether we be afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation.
2Cr 1:7 KJV - And our hope of you [is] stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so [shall ye be] also of the consolation.
What else can be said ! I think that clearly summorized the whole matter. Specifically Romans 2:7

J

JLHillsSr

Col 4:2 KJV - Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
Col 4:3 KJV - Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
Col 4:4 KJV - That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

1Cr 4:1 KJV - Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
1Cr 4:2 KJV - Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
1Cr 4:3 KJV - But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Cr 4:4 KJV - For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Cr 4:5 KJV - Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Eph 6:14 KJV - Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 KJV - And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 KJV - Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 KJV - And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 KJV - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19 KJV - And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20 KJV - For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

J

JLHillsSr

Rom 5:1 KJV - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 KJV - By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3 KJV - And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4 KJV - And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5 KJV - And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Rom 15:1 KJV - We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Rom 15:2 KJV - Let every one of us please [his] neighbour for [his] good to edification.
Rom 15:3 KJV - For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Rom 15:4 KJV - For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Rom 15:5 KJV - Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6 KJV - That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Cr 1:2 KJV - Grace [be] to you and peace from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Cr 1:3 KJV - Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2Cr 1:4 KJV - Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.