Pick Two

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shininglight

I'm going to say this triangle is standing up.
So I'm going to pick the bottom two corners, "emotionally stable" and "good looking". They are the support base of the triangle. So once I pick those two, "intelligent" is going to just fall right down between them. Puzzle solved. I get all three. :D
I cant believe someone was smart enough to solve the triangle, you are such a square.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
Its okay, as an engineer I have a way of choosing all 3 at the same time, and an equal proportion of all 3 elements as well. See below.

Explanation. The area of this triangle contains all 3 qualities in a potential mate. By dividing the area by 3 I have ended up with A = equal portion of Intelligence, emotional stability, and decent appearance. By the rules of algebra I can assign to B the value of A. I chose both A and B which means I have actually chosen A. But by the rules of math I have not cheated.

Signed: Geek and proud. Have a nice day. :D

Attachments

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
Correction: A = area/3, not S/3. Not like anyone cares, but wanted to be consistent.

Jul 25, 2005
I agree with the others, when you take categories like this to an extreme it is a fairly easy situation.

A complete idiot would frustrate me.

A bipolar person would drive me to a bar.

An ugly woman I could probably get used to.

But yeah, I prefer the center with room for negotiation.

A

aussieguy

i would pick intelligent and emotionally stable.
intelligence includes common sense lol
and the emotionally stable everyone to a degree in unstable due to various factors but someone completely crazy thats another story hahaha

eventho i had a moment a couple of weeks ago of something that liamson mentioned in his post which was i guess a form of clingyness i would call it ,i was excited about speaking with someone and wanted to speak with them alot and i got abit carried away i guess you could call it haha and went abit overboard.

Last edited:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I would like to point out here that firstoff I never saw any rules, and second I did not see any direct command to pick and choose in whole quantities. :p :p Now, I have heard that 4/3 of people have trouble with fractions...so maybe I used the fractions illegally. I am still scratching my head figuring out if I'm part of the 4 or part of the 3. :D :)

Your fraction mind games confuse me...

well played ...... WELL PLAYED!

:p

Z

zephyrillis

intelligence along with good-looks?? is there such a thing ;)

B

Beloved57

Had to think about it for a while but I would want someone intelligent and emotionally stable in the Lord God. For if they have the wisdom of God's Spirit and His presence, strongly in their live, the Spirit will cause such a radiant that, that person will have great spiritual beauty, which no earthly beauty could compare too. I think this is the beauty that Peter was talking about in I Peter 3:3-4>

G

GraceReborn

I'd go for intelligent and emotionally stable.

I have encountered countless "not-so-good-looking" people who are intellectual and emotionally stable. Amazingly,
after a few conversations and getting to know them, they seem to transform right before my eyes. :D

Similarly, good-looking guys and gals who cant talk about anything else but their diet, their biceps, the next color of their nail polish,
suddenly become "not-so-interesting" to me.

I'm not saying I'd want to date a "walking encyclopedia/newspaper guy" who knows it all and is so emotionally contained and disciplined.
That would be ummm weird. :D
There's just that certain "depth" that I unintentionally seek in people that I interact with.
Does that make me weird too? :S :D

X

xino

good looks and emotionally stable.
doesn't matter if the person is non intelligent:p
i'll just show and teach her the ropes:)

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I have encountered countless "not-so-good-looking" people who are intellectual and emotionally stable. Amazingly,
after a few conversations and getting to know them, they seem to transform right before my eyes. :D
Oddly enough, that's very true.

I'm not saying I'd want to date a "walking encyclopedia/newspaper guy" who knows it all and is so emotionally contained and disciplined.
That would be ummm weird. :D
Hey... I am that guy....

G

GraceReborn

Hey... I am that guy....

The first guy in my mind who's like that is Adolf Hitler. I don't know why exactly.

That makes you guy no.2 in my imaginary list under the walking-encyclopedia-with-contained-emotions category :D ;)