PLEASE ANSWER! Help! Simple question that I hope to get an answer to. .

• Thread starter BeautifulAftermath
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hoffco

You have not told us enough about yourself to be able to give you solid direction. I don't know your age, you don't tell us your spiritual relationship to God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Most all the posts have good directions for you to follow. If you will Repent of your sins, Trust in Jesus as your Savior. and obey Jesus as your Lord, God will teach you his word and direct your path to glorify Him. The Apostle Paul, at his age and experience in doing God's will, had to confess that he had "little sins" "little foxes" that picked at his vine.,spoiling some of his fruit,at times, He repented of them, more than once, and moved on, delighting to keep the laws of God for Christians in the New T. plan for us, Paul left the legalism of the OLD T. for the liberty in Christ. But still had many "duties" to do in Christ. I was widowed in 2007 ( in New York) and after failng for 8 months of searching for my new mate, I visited the Philippines and remarried God's choice for me, and it has been a "rough row to hoe", but it is God's will for me. I will not run away from my problems, because they are not life threatening, so I stay in the bed I made. And I can see more blessings, down the road, in our ministry. My Wife is young, impetuous , loud, condemning, rude, but is starting to repent of her sins and the sins of her family, and I am repenting of my anger of the situation I got myself into. JUST, make sure you are on the "narrow" road that leads to Heaven. Love to all, Hoffco

Atwood

May 1, 2014
I tend to believe that God is more of an observer. It is the reason why He gave us the freewill.

Do you have scripture for that one?

Matthew 19:16-30 (NKJV)
Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[a] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[b] No one is good but One, that is, God.[c] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
I don't know why this was stuck on this thread, but you have to read the context in which it is shown that trying to be saved by keeping commandments is impossible for man. Yet the challenge was given to let the self-righteous hot air out of the Youngster.

CONTEXT:

16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honor thy father and thy mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: [LIAR!]
what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions.

23 And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 And when the disciples heard it, they were astonished exceedingly, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

As so often in scripture, you need to read a little farther to get to the punch line.

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
Do you have scripture for that one?
Deuteronomy 30:15-16 (NKJV)

I don't know why this was stuck on this thread, but you have to read the context in which it is shown that trying to be saved by keeping commandments is impossible for man. Yet the challenge was given to let the self-righteous hot air out of the Youngster.

CONTEXT:

16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. 18

As so often in scripture, you need to read a little farther to get to the punch line.
And you really believe that my punchline must be inlined with yours.

(A rhema is a verse or portion of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction.)
AND
If you read with your heart you would have noticed THESE:
1. That I said: I tend to believe that God is more of an observer.
2. That I mentioned:
If life is miserable, this is my guide to get out of it.
3. That this is a
Christian Family forum ( NOT Bible Discussion Forum ) and somebody is shouting for help...

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
CONTEXT:

16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honor thy father and thy mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: [LIAR!]
what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions.

23 And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 And when the disciples heard it, they were astonished exceedingly, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Hi Atwood,

Maybe I'd learn something from you if I'd share my take on the verses above:

1. The young man said: "Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?"
My take: He was asking for "ETERNAL LIFE"

2. Jesus said to him : "
but if thou wouldest enter into LIFE, keep the commandments"
My take: Jesus was ONLY talking about LIFE not Eternal Life. Meaning : If one wants to live here, be a decent person by trying one's best to follow the commandments.

3. The young man said :
"The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed"
My take: Because the man had observed the law, he lives a comfortable life.

Jesus said unto him,: If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
My take: Jesus said if you want perfect ( Eternal Life ) , come and follow HIM.

My summary: To live a decent comfortable life here on earth, follow the rules or law here on earth. To live with Jesus in eternal life, follow Jesus.

T

tenderhearted

I've been living where I live now for almost 9 yrs and the first 4 yrs were really difficult for me. I didn't have any friends and my husband and I were not plugged into the right church. We had no family support and at the time 2 little kids. However, my husband had and still has a great job! At the time we could not see that God had us right where he wanted us. We kept thinking we needed to live somewhere else. My husband was even applying for work in other states, but every door kept closing. Thank God he did because we realized that this is where we need to be-- at least for now :)

Sometimes you don't know why you feel miserable. It could be you resisting the will of God or it could be Him leading you out of a place-- prayer is key. Asking God to lead is the only way to know. Even if you know where you should be and you choose to be disobedient, there is grace. God can use you anywhere you are. He is a loving father. He isn't mad at you :)

J

JamesMcClay

Everything you do is SPIRITUAL. You MUSt take everything to The Lord and ask for His guidance. Otherwise you may make decisions that could shipwreck your life.

Jul 6, 2015
I'll make it's plain - Does God want us to be in specific places? Like, to live in specific places? What if you're miserable where you live but that's where God might want you to be and you leave?

Would a bunch of chaos happen where you move to? Will God, I don't know. . "Curse" you?

Please, please PLEASE answer. . I need some biblical insight.
The answer in the bible is clear =)

[Heb 11:9 NKJV] By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as [in] a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise;
[Heb 11:10 NKJV] for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker [is] God.
[Heb 11:13 NKJV] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced [them] and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
[Heb 11:14 NKJV] For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.
[Heb 11:15 NKJV] And truly if they had called to mind that [country] from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.
[Heb 11:16 NKJV] But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly [country]. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
[Heb 11:38 NKJV] of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, [in] dens and caves of the earth.
[Heb 11:39 NKJV] And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise,
[Heb 11:40 NKJV] God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

[Act 14:22 NKJV] strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting [them] to continue in the faith, and [saying], "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."

[Act 2:44 NKJV] Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
[Act 2:45 NKJV] and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
[Act 2:46 NKJV] So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,

[Heb 4:6 NKJV] Since therefore it remains that some [must] enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
[Heb 4:7 NKJV] again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts."
[Heb 4:8 NKJV] For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
[Heb 4:9 NKJV] There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
[Heb 4:10 NKJV] For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God [did] from His.
[Heb 4:11 NKJV] Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.