Please help me

• Thread starter ConfusedandTired
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ConfusedandTired

Every time I'm in a relationship the girl leaves me. I give them my all. I thought my last relationship would last forever, it ended last week after 6 months. I loved her with all my heart and did everything i could to make her happy. What she wanted i supported her. Now she'll most likely never talk to me again. I'm always thrown away like I was nothing at all. Our last conversation ended up with her getting mad at me and hanging up the phone. I apologized and admitted to what I did was wrong. I tried to make her open up to me, didnt work. She never contacted me again. It's only been a week and I haven't really spoken to anyone about it because its too personal and tbh I don't have anyone to talk to about. I talk to God and pray for her but I also need someone else to talk to. Someone special. Since I was a young boy I've dreamed of someone special that would want to be with me forever. I know I'm 18 and have many years to be with someone but I'm just so tired of being alone intimately. I'm tired of seeing other couples holding hands and hearing couples tell each other how much they love one another. I want to cry all the time because of it. I know God has a perfect plan for me and He wants to prepare me but I want to be with someone so bad. Not to put God aside but I want that magical feeling of being in love. I've been in that star twice and twice I've been crushed. My faith is stronger than ever now but my patience is taking a toll. My last two relationships have been long distance because I happened to move to a new state each time, unlucky me. It's too bad my last relationship didnt work because I was going to visit her for the summer and then winter and we had plans to move in together next summer. I guess that doesn't go along with God's plan. Now I'm single, eager to be with someone and treat her like a princess because ill love her and I know that God sees her in the same sense. I wonder if a girl would like to go out with me.... I also wonder if God would let me be with her. I don't if we're not equally yolked, I don't mind showing her our Father and enduring whatever pain it may cause to be with her. If I love like God loves me, I won't give up on her. I just need help in finding someone..and possibly keeping her. Does anyone know how that would work? I live in a very liberal and increasingly Godless city. I don't want to wait until I'm old to meet someone, I want to do it now and enjoy our youth together. Sorry I wrote so much, I didn't plan on it.

N

Nuns_n_roses

I'd say that the cause of the deepest emotional scars most often come from painful relationships.

I'd also encourage you to make a list. A long list. Of everything you want in a woman and then look at what your last girlfriend didn't have. Nobody's perfect and you may be in that stage where you think she is but look at that list and pray that God bring a woman in your life like that. Is she worth waiting for?

In the meantime, you will experience all the stages of grieving. Including, but not limited to: denial/shock, depression, bargaining, anger, and acceptance. These feelings will all need to be experienced (not necessarily and most likely NOT in order) before you can move on and you will probably experience each of them multiple times.

You can also message me, eat tons of ice cream, vent online, do whatever you need to. I recently experienced something similar so you can write me if you need a shoulder to cry on who understands. I'm sure many other people on here do too.

Hugs. :)

Z

zaoman32

You're not alone. In regards to feeling the need for intimate relationship I did/do struggle with the same thing, it's something I'm working on. In addition I've also been dumped and worse by the few women I have had relationships with that went beyond friendship. It definitely hurts. Feel free to message me if you want advice, or just want to chat about it.

Jun 30, 2011
I would get a book called "how to find a date worth keeping" cant' remember the author but it seems like the relationship becomes where you don't have your own identity apart from her. If your not emotionally healthy - you should not be in a relationship. crazy begets crazy - the woman who likes for some reason to be treated badly, will attract a guy who treats her like crap. You also need to find contentment in Christ, as a single - if you don't you will put her above Christ, and when she fails, your life comes crashing down. Your meant to be the spiritual leader - if your not leading, and she's not following - that relationship won't be honored by God, that's for sure. hope this little bit helps

J

Jullianna

I'm so sorry you are hurting.

Could I be honest for a moment? A lot of guys will go out of their way to "give a woman what she wants" and will apologize even when they have done nothing wrong. Can I tell you that a good woman is not selfish. She will not expect YOU to do all of the giving. A good woman will work with you toward what is best for BOTH of you, prayerfully, and she will talk things through with you.

From what you have said, perhaps it was not "unlucky" that you moved to another state. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but down the road such things can become blessings in disguise, you know?

I pray that God will heal your heart and guide you to the relationship you seek. :)

U

Ugly

Every time I'm in a relationship the girl leaves me. I give them my all. I thought my last relationship would last forever, it ended last week after 6 months. I loved her with all my heart and did everything i could to make her happy. What she wanted i supported her. Now she'll most likely never talk to me again. I'm always thrown away like I was nothing at all. Our last conversation ended up with her getting mad at me and hanging up the phone. I apologized and admitted to what I did was wrong. I tried to make her open up to me, didnt work. She never contacted me again. It's only been a week and I haven't really spoken to anyone about it because its too personal and tbh I don't have anyone to talk to about. I talk to God and pray for her but I also need someone else to talk to. Someone special. Since I was a young boy I've dreamed of someone special that would want to be with me forever. I know I'm 18 and have many years to be with someone but I'm just so tired of being alone intimately. I'm tired of seeing other couples holding hands and hearing couples tell each other how much they love one another. I want to cry all the time because of it. I know God has a perfect plan for me and He wants to prepare me but I want to be with someone so bad. Not to put God aside but I want that magical feeling of being in love. I've been in that star twice and twice I've been crushed. My faith is stronger than ever now but my patience is taking a toll. My last two relationships have been long distance because I happened to move to a new state each time, unlucky me. It's too bad my last relationship didnt work because I was going to visit her for the summer and then winter and we had plans to move in together next summer. I guess that doesn't go along with God's plan. Now I'm single, eager to be with someone and treat her like a princess because ill love her and I know that God sees her in the same sense. I wonder if a girl would like to go out with me.... I also wonder if God would let me be with her. I don't if we're not equally yolked, I don't mind showing her our Father and enduring whatever pain it may cause to be with her. If I love like God loves me, I won't give up on her. I just need help in finding someone..and possibly keeping her. Does anyone know how that would work? I live in a very liberal and increasingly Godless city. I don't want to wait until I'm old to meet someone, I want to do it now and enjoy our youth together. Sorry I wrote so much, I didn't plan on it.
The LAST thing you need is to be in a relationship. You have set up marriage and dating as such an idol in your life, you are willing to compromise your walk and put your desires way ahead of God. You talk about your faith is stronger than ever, while placing yourself and your desires for marriage above Him. You're so desperate to get married you'll rush into it the first chance you get, without ever thinking if its the RIGHT choice. Then you'll end up in a bad marriage, divorced, angry, bitter and blaming God because YOU made a stupid choice to ignore His standards and rush to do what YOU wanted to do.

Everything about your post screams 'i am not ready to be in a relationship' and 'my walk with God is not fulfilling me so i need something else in my life'. You're seeking marriage to make you happy, make you fulfilled, make you happy... all of your motives for marriage are completely and totally selfish. Marriage is the opposite, its about selfLESSness. And no, just because you treat these women like 'princesses' doesn't prove me wrong. It actually proves me right. You're not treating these women well out of love. You're treating them well out of an attempt to get the to stick with you so you can marry them.

And before telling me how wrong i am about marriage being an idol in your life, you're wanting look at dating a non-Christian and fooling yourself into thinking this could be God ordained. You're also talking about moving in together with your last girlfriend. While you didn't specify if you were having sex, people who move in together are typically already having sex. Which lends itself to the idea that you already were, or were willing, to have sex with her before marriage. Yet another example of the idol you make out of relationships and the compromise you're willing to make against God for your selfish desires.

You say you want this big great 'in love' feeling. Guess what... that doesn't last. Marriage isn't about the constant warm fuzzies of being in love. Its about sacrifice, its about putting up with the bad days, bad habits, bad anything. And yes, doing this with love, but not warm fuzzy love like you're searching for. Its a sense of knowing and feeling you have a deeper feeling for that person than anyone else. Its not the kind of feeling that you're talking about.
Its also not about feeling this person 'completes' you for 'fulfills' you. You should feel that way Before you marry. Marriage is not about finding someone to make you happy, complete, fulfilled, or anything like that. Its about two people who are happy with themselves and in themselves and God sharing a special relationship and helping each other, encouraging, and even at times tolerating each out, with genuine love that doesn't fade over time.

The reason your relationships aren't lasting is because there is no 'genuine' love. The relationships you're in are the 'warm fuzzy' relationships. And once those things pass, the relationship ends. You said yourself you're looking for that kind of love, and are therefore, likely finding others who have the same desires. But since those feelings don't last, neither do the relationships.
These warm fuzzy love feelings always go away around six months. Its not a coincidence all your relationships end after six months. There is a chemical in the brain that gets released when in a new relationship. This chemical is the 'love' you Think you feel. Its not real love. Its kind of like a six month endorphin rush whenever you're around, or think of that person. On average about six months later this chemical stops. If there aren't more serious and deep feelings for the person by then, or if you find the person annoying suddenly or any changes like that, it's this chemical. Unfortunately, this tends to lead to infatuation more than love. Then when it ends, people can't understand it and try to push a relationship forward that has nothing to go on because the infatuation is gone and there is nothing deeper.
This is what you are looking for. This infatuation. You're not looking for love, you're looking to keep this rush going. So you will never be happy, because this rush doesn't last. These people will never make you fulfilled or complete. Neither will marriage. God did not create marriage to fulfill us. But rather as an intimate fellowship that goes deeper than you have with anyone else, except God.

You are a long long way off from needing to be in a relationship. You're needy and desperate and have the wrong ideas and intentions about marriage and relationships. And seem to be fooling yourself as to the kind of relationship we have with God. Is it any wonder God doesn't allow a relationship to happen for you?

S

Shouryu

The LAST thing you need is to be in a relationship. You have set up marriage and dating as such an idol in your life, you are willing to compromise your walk and put your desires way ahead of God.
WOW. That wording really lays it all out. I don't think I've ever heard it described like that, Ugly, but that's just what it is: the marriage itself as an idol.

That's powerful stuff. I'mma use that from now on. That's the real deal, man.

H

HotYster

Hey Buddy,

WHen I was 18 I hadnt had a girl friend before... I had this ideal girl in my mind. But no girl seemed interested in me... The secret to the right girl is easier than we can all imagine! Somewhere out there, God has this perfect girl for you, you just need to ask and believe!! I prayed for a girl, for ages!!! and when arrived we just clicked and we had our ups and our downs, but because God put us togther and we didnt go looking for what we wanted, but let God put together what he wanted! And if i had to write a list of what i wanted in a girl, let me tell you, it wouldnt even begin to comprare with what was on my list!

Trust in God! PRay my friend! and God will be your match maker and you will know it!!! And if you pray "Jesus, please send the right girl on my path and keep me from the ones that you have not planned, thank you Jesus"! If you give Jesus your all, the right girl will love you for it!!

D

Donkeyfish07

The only thing I can tell you that might help is what I've learned from my life experiences. I'm only about 9 years older than you but when I was your age....I would get extremely attached to some of the girls I dated as well. I understand the emotions and how horrible it feels when things end.

My problem was (And most of my other guy friends that still have the same issue to this day) is that I was placing too much value on the women I was with and relationships in general. Some girls would absolutely adore me until I got to the point where I got too attached, then I would started acting different and they would want nothing to do with me in that way anymore. I later learned that it was always my fault every time this happened.

I'm not saying relationships or women are not valuable, but placing too much value on them is going to repel every woman that you go out with eventually(Except for girls with severe low self-esteem issues) and it's going to make you absolutely miserable as well when things aren't going good with whatever girl you are with at the time. No woman wants a man that is just going to be submissive and apologetic/needy all the time (I'm not saying your like that because I don't know you, I'm just trying to put things into perspective).

Always be mentally willing to walk away, don't buy into the mindset of "It's your job to make her happy" and if the other person wants to withdraw, give them space and do not call or contact them....95% of the time they come back to you later anyway after they've had a little space. There isn't anything wrong with you so don't go thinking your damaged goods, I just think you have a very unhealthy mindset when it comes to dating.

You should never take it too awfully serious unless you reach the point where both of you are considering marriage. Getting overly attached is going to make you miserable. Ugly was kind of abrasive about it but i guess you could say it is a form of idolizing.....women should never be put on a pedestal like that....no matter how interested or attracted you are.

M

mary70

Hay don't stop looking I dident god bless