Please help! Need to let a guy down easily.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Loa

OK, Bare with me here lol
So I'm 22 and the guy that likes me is the same age.. He's nice, cute, and all but there's 3 things wrong.*
1.) IMPORTANT : we've known each other since we were babies.. I know him almost as much as I know me and my family.. And i only think of him as a brother. Actually an annoying brother.. I get incredibly annoyed at the things he does sometimes and feel like yelling at him.
2.) ALSO IMPORTANT : Me and his sister are like sisters .. And his mom is like an aunt to me .. And his sibling are annoying lol . And I'm sorry but I dislike his dad with great intensity .. So NOO!! I do not want to have to spend more time around his father cus I'm this guys girlfriend.. Did I mention this guy is like an ANNOYING brother to me?? I think I did .. Just wanted to clear that out.*
3.) REALLY IMPORTANT : I LIKE ANOTHER GUY IN MY CHURCH!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Now I just really need help letting him down.. I told him once that I only think of him as brother but apparently he didn't get it *cus he keeps annoying me (ex. Texting me, flirting, Etc ). I want to let him down nicely.. But firmly!! So he gets the point but so we don't feel awkward around each other. (we're next door neighbors so we see alot of each other )*
—_________________—

Ok.. So, any ideas? Please help!!!!!!!

U

Ugly

1. This section of the forums is for posting ideas on how to improve the forums and chat. Be sure to put posts in the right section. Each section has a brief description, perhaps read them before posting so you put in the right place.
2. There is nothing much to tell you. You just have to sit him down, and nicely, yet very directly say 'i'm not interested, i'm not going to be, i appreciate your interest in me, but it is not reciprocated so please stop trying to win me over.'
3. The rest of the information is irrelevant.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Somehow I think this thread belongs in Singles, not Suggestions.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
Guys this is the Christian Singles Forum!!!!:D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
That's because I moved the thread here from Suggestions. :)

Aug 2, 2009
Start dating the other guy you like and/or start talking about that guy every time he talks to you or texts you or whatever. Just say stuff like "I wonder if _____ has a girlfriend" or "I am so excited I am going to see (his name) tomorrow" or " (his name) was at church today and he looked at me". He will get the message.

J

Jullianna

If being straightforward doesn't work, here are some suggestions:

1. Call him by another guy's name constantly
2. Stare at his hair like there's something wrong with it and answer "huh" to every question he asks you
3. Respond to his texts randomly, with a recipe for nachos or something
4. Talk to him with your mouth open while you're eating
5. Burp a lot when he's around
6. Pick your nose

If this is still a problem after all of that, marry him :)

1still_waters

Honestly he already sounds like part of the family. You listed tons of good and bad social dynamics that come from being involved in a family. You seem to be familiar with all the good and bad dynamics that come with being associated with this fella.

I'd suggest reexamining your feelings.

You're going to have tons of annoyances no matter who you end up with.

IF you do examine your feelings, and realize there is something more than friends there, at least you'd know what you're getting yourself in to.

Jul 25, 2005
Change your name and move to another country.

I

ilavjesus

fart on his face:)

O

oracle2world

There is never any letting a guy (or girl) down easily. So treat it as a band-aid. The slower you make the process, the most painful it is for both of you.

Just tell him you think of him as a brother, will always think of him as a brother, and cannot see him as your boyfriend. "If you respect me and my wishes, you will respect me and my wishes. So I need to break it off now."

Make a clean break, get on with your life, and don't look back. Rely upon your faith and it will see you through.

O

OFM

be totally pure-ly honest,in loving love.

A

ashjuin

Try to set him up with someone elsa in church. and be total honest with him
BUT!!!! U need to be honest with youself also. Is this what u want, I know u like the other guy in church but he might not be all u think he is. When u find this out it might be to late to cross back over the bridge u just burned .
I would go out on a couple of date with his guy just to make sure this is what u want. Because u will always have that ? what if in the back of your mind.As far as not liking his dad that ok everyone has one in-law they don't like.lol

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Hate is such a strong emotion that often times you can't hate someone unless you once loved them. As what i've observed when you hate someone, there is a possibility that you might fall in love with that person because you keep on thinking about them. Lol

the more you hate, the more you love. the more you love, the more you find it difficult to love.the more you find it difficult to love, the more you hate.