Please Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MattyJ

Hi, I'm Matt. For the past 5 months or so, I have been thinking terrible thoughts. I think terrible things about God, and generally everything I hear about. I believe these thoughts are from Satan. Please, if you can help, let me know.

Thanks

K

kenisyes

Tell Satan to leave you alone. He'll fight you at first but eventually he'll listen.

The psychological cause is that your brain is developing into an adult brain. As it does, new areas open, and you can see more things. Satan has seen a lot of people grow, so he knows what to tell you to think about to block you from seeing what God wants you to see. God allows it, so that you will come to Him, give Him each new brain area, and fill it with His thoughts. If you refuse to listen to Satan, and ask God what to think, that will solve the problem.

Since you are newly saved, let me also mention: God starts out giving you great feelings of how much He loves you. Then, after a while He takes the feelings away so that you will grow to love Him by faith. Act on what you know to be true, think on things that you have read in the Word, or you know that are good, and realize how you feel does not matter, since you will live by faith from now on. This is all part of getting over that hump from joyous early salvation to mature Christian.

M

MattyJ

Thank you very much! I appreciate you spreading your information with me!

D

danschance

Hi, I'm Matt. For the past 5 months or so, I have been thinking terrible thoughts. I think terrible things about God, and generally everything I hear about. I believe these thoughts are from Satan. Please, if you can help, let me know.

Thanks
What was going on in your life when this started? Did you buy some music that was less than pleasing to God or what? I am thinking you opened a door to satan thru some sin, probably something that has to do with blasphemous lyrics or something like that.

D

danschance

Have you considered tossing anything in you room into the trash, that would not put a smile on God's face? Sometimes a good "house cleaning" works wonders. Maybe you said something you should not of said. Might want to go thru your hard drive also. Repent for owning it or allowing it into your life and tell satan to take a hike in Jesus name.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MattyJ

No, my life was just the same as it was before the thoughts. Well, I listen to Rap. But, they don't really go on about God or things like that. They just talk about stupid stuff, nothing serious.

T

Toast

I know exactly what you mean.

It doesn't necessarily have to have come from "sin" in your life, otherwise we would all be going on about nasty thoughts from Satan. But Satan usually does these thoughts to you to try to weaken you and to mess with you. He wants to attack your faith.

D

danschance

Well, a friend of mine, who is a deliverance minister was called to help out a family. They had a teenage girl who they believed had become possessed. They way they decided to handle it was just plain stupid. They had her put a bikini on and had her sit in the bath tube with five gallons of cooking oil which they had prayed over. Then they poured it over her head to try to torment the demon to leave.

Each time they did this the demon would use her body and scream. This went on for hours, until this girl required medical attention. I don't exactly recall the medical issue, but I believe she ruptured something in her gut which required surgery. That is when they decided to call my friend, Sam. Sam talked to the girl for fifteen minutes and all was back to normal. She had purchased a music CD at Walmart, tho' I do not know which one. She broke the CD, asked to be forgiven and she herself commanded the demon to leave. She has not had any issues since.

Toast is right in that we do not end up with a demon problem every time we sin and is also correct in saying sometimes demons tempt us to sin. In these cases all we have to do is resist the devil and he will flee, tho' it may take days, weeks or a couple of months. You are at the 5 month mark with no decrease or hope of it leaving. I still suggest you take my advice in my earlier post. It can not hurt you and might get you free.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MattyJ

Well I appreciate you trying to help me with my thoughts! Thank you very much!