Please pray for me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I'm struggling with father issues and how to relate to GOD as Father. My Dad was never there for me and still isn't cause he doesn't wanna be a Dad. I've tried everything to work on relating to GOD as Father. I read the verses that say I'm adopted and He's my Heavenly Father and I believe them. I call Him Dad when I pray. I work on telling Him everything and I'm still working on that. I tried for a while to forget my father issues thinkin I might be better off not focusing on them but that didn't help at all I just went into depression and it hurt more. I've asked for prayer from many and I've prayed about it myself in tears. I'm still not achieving my goal and my goal is to have such an experience of GOD as Father that I'll never want or need an earthly father again and I won't keep lookin for one. And also that I won't feel the pain or loss of not having an earthly father ever again. It hurts every time I see a father with his daughter and I don't want it to I don't wanna feel that way and I've tried to push that feeling away and not think of it but that sends me to depression and I hurt more. I think the problem is my knowledge of GOD as Father is just head knowledge and for some reason hasn't traveled down to my heart yet. I dunno why though. All I want is a final end to this struggle. I'm done with having it I truly am. I'm willing to pray anything or believe anything or say anything or do anything to put an end to it. So please pray for me about this that GOD Himself will do something. I dunno what but He'll know exactly what to do.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:6-7

D

Duckies

Keeping your request in prayer friend. Don't stop praying for what your heart seeks, keep seeking and keep your faith strong in God :) ..he will answer. God Bless!!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jenny, I understand as I went though this also. :)
Stop trying to make God your Father, and let Him show you He is your Father. :)
Praying for you in Jesus's name for this joy to be made compleat.

God bless
pickles

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
I never met my dad, dont even know who he is. and it dont even bother me.

one of my rules of life "I try not let things i cant change bother me"

S

smileycathy

HI JENNY, DONT GIVE UP, JUST PRAY REMEMBER THE GOD THAT WE SERVE IS ALIVE AND HE IS ALL KNOWING GOD..YOU ARE PART OF MY PRAYER JENNY..

S

Share55

Hi Jenny
I think maybe your are missing an active ingredient in your relationship with God which is the reason you can't accept Him as your father.
First off, forgive those who have hurt you, each and everyone. ~ Now I have a very long life story for my 57 years of life but my list was very long and very hurtful. When I came to the portion of forgiveness there was one that I personally couldn't and I told God that I was having a very hard time with this and He knew why because He is GOD! People will say they forgive but I remember reading a devotional about burying the sword but keep the hilt handy so we may draw it out again when we feel we need it. That is not forgiveness that is lip service in God's books. I asked God to help me forgive this person and when I did there was His peace that surpasses understanding. Much time later the memories came back and I asked of God why.
He said I have brought you through the years of your fathers so that you may remember and help others who now walk the same road and are lost so that your trials and tears are not in vain.
I am not saying this is what is wrong but just pointing it out in case it is because I don't know your circumstances and it is a key ingredient.

It seems that you need some guidance to help you SEE God and know Him on a more personal basis.
NOTE*** Before you open your Bible to read pray for God's guidance to open the eyes of your heart so you may glean wisdom and knowledge of what He wants YOU to see.
This link has a Bible Study OUTLINE on the lower right hand side. REMEMBER to pray first and take your time when you feel you need to. I sometimes rush read to get the feeling then start over and enjoy the delicacies.
PRAY each time you go back to read and trust God. I laughed and cried through this and it is excellent.
Regardless of what anyone tells you, you can take as long as you want, read as slow as you want, maybe take notes of questions you have or anything that stands out to you, talk to God in your heart or out loud. He will hear you and answer.
Keep His word in your mind as Satan doesn't like it when he loses so he may try to trick you. Don't be scared! REMEMBER WHO your GOD is and He will never forsake you nor leave you. He is ever faithful and He is not a God of confusement. (It was what He told me when Satan first tried to trick me)

When you have finished and wherever you are in your walk with Him ask Him to guide you in your studies of His Word and in your walk in life. He answers in many ways so don't be surprised when strangers surprise you, or Bible devotions, or studies scream at you 'pick me'.

Last edited: